What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers 10 Commandments

WA Tiger

Bench
The three 9th's in 4 years were under 3 different coaches....two in their first full season.
The last three preseasons under three different coaches
16 > 17 Taylor
17> 18 Cleary
18> 19 Madge
Things havent settled (since Sheens) long enough for any culture...winning or losing to take hold ...what we need is
1 Madge to be given an extended term to hammer the place into shape
2 A continued no exception no dickhead policy
3 Players to never be allowed to run the place ever again !!
The above...simply put...STABILITY and EXPERIENCED DIRECTION !
I don't go along with what our culture is or isn't... coaches. .players and board members have all come and gone...our 3rd coach in 3 years ( Madge) has few players that coach 1 (Taylor) had and therein lies the problem. ..not a club culture of losing...just a club suffering neverending upheaval to the point where some might wonder how we didnt collect all of the eels and knights wooden spoons instead of them! Look at the dragons and knights this year...its not just about talent..both those clubs have more than enough of that..both brimming with rep players yet are further from success than we are.
Back the club...back Madge and just hope Pascoe and O'Farrell can dot the I's and cross the T's properly so that longterm stability is guaranteed.
I helieve ( unless something else unexpected descends upon us) that we finally have a shot.

* Reserve all rights to change my mind at any time of my choosing
As far as players running the show you have prob got a point there but JUST FOR THIS YEAR..with the huge gulf between Benji /Farrah and the rest of the team in big game experience and leadership I think maybe it was a canny move and I always admire coaches that can handle big egos ..a lot can’t eg Taylor but yea there has to be a balance under normal circumstances ....But with Madge giving those two players the power he did Benji played better this year and dominated games like I havn’t seen for years...And Farrah was essential for success this year with his leadership and try scoring / creating ability ..so his injury really hurt us (I can hear it now ..give it a rest wa but in case the point hasn’t got through yet ...) Madge and a few others missed the point that Benji was the reason for a lot if not most of our wins just from his sheer ability to create a try out of nothing and always searching for the extra man . He knew exactly what to look for and what to do to create the extra man .He lives and breathes for that ...Madge must have believed all the hype about how he himself had the magical touch etc (that’s why Benji ended up at fullback) but it was Benji and without him running the show from 6 or 9 the defence was a brick wall...I’ll go along with the rest of what u say tho ..Madge should be ok...What he had to deal with this year with the injury’s etc would have head fked any coach ...

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
And Benji Marshall openly stated to Braith Anasta on Fox League this year that Tim Sheens didn’t have a game plan in 2005. His only theory was to score more points than the opposition.
Yea Sheens had no defence strategy just all out attack ..I heard that

WA Tiger

Bench
And Benji Marshall openly stated to Braith Anasta on Fox League this year that Tim Sheens didn’t have a game plan in 2005. His only theory was to score more points than the opposition.
Thinking about how that 89 Grand final loss panned out that kind of explains it

WA Tiger

Bench
As far as players running the show you have prob got a point there but JUST FOR THIS YEAR..with the huge gulf between Benji /Farrah and the rest of the team in big game experience and leadership I think maybe it was a canny move and I always admire coaches that can handle big egos ..a lot can’t eg Taylor but yea there has to be a balance under normal circumstances ....But with Madge giving those two players the power he did .Benji played better this year and dominated games like I havn’t seen for years...And Farrah was essential for success this year with his leadership and try scoring / creating ability ..so his injury really hurt us (I can hear it now ..give it a rest wa but unless the point hasn’t got through yet ...) Madge and a few others missed the point that Benji was reason for a lot if not most of our wins just from his sheer ability to create a try out of nothing and always searching for the extra man . He knew exactly what to look for and what to do to create the extra man .He lives and breathes for that ...Madge must have believed all the hype about how he himself had the magical touch etc (that’s why Benji ended up at fullback) but it was Benji and without him running the show from 6 or 9 the defence was a brick wall...I’ll go along with the rest of what u say tho ..Madge should be ok...What he had to deal with this year with the injury’s etc would have head fked any coach ...
The real shame of it all though was that Benji had that look right up to half time..He was just ready to pounce.As I said he was purring big time..This was his moment ...then some dopey prick put him at fullback...Benji must have been dying out there watching his student trying to do what he can do with his eyes closed

Das Hassler

Bench
I
As far as players running the show you have prob got a point there but JUST FOR THIS YEAR..with the huge gulf between Benji /Farrah and the rest of the team in big game experience and leadership I think maybe it was a canny move and I always admire coaches that can handle big egos ..a lot can’t eg Taylor but yea there has to be a balance under normal circumstances ....But with Madge giving those two players the power he did .Benji played better this year and dominated games like I havn’t seen for years...And Farrah was essential for success this year with his leadership and try scoring ability .. (I can hear it now ..give it a rest wa but unless the point hasn’t got through yet ...) Madge and a few others missed the point that Benji was reason for a lot if not most of our wins just from his sheer ability to create a try out of nothing and always searching for the extra man . He knew exactly what to look for and what to do to create the extra man ..Madge must have believed all the hype about how he himself had the magical touch etc that’s why Benji ended up at fullback but it was Benji and without him running the show from 6 or 9 the defence was a brick wall...I’ll go along with the rest of what u say tho ..Madge should be ok...What he had to deal with this year with the injury’s etc would have head fked any coach ...

I agree with all of that....i should have mentioned i wasn't talking about players running the club this year or under Cleary. ...just during Taylor's ...Potter's and the last season or two of Sheen's time ...the group that left for the sharks needed to leave to break the party up and it's been shown to be true that Benji and Robbie had to go as well to fnd their reset button and come back with a refreshed perspective of how a club runs.

WA Tiger

Bench
I

I agree with all of that....i should have mentioned i wasn't talking about players running the club this year or under Cleary. ...just during Taylor's ...Potter's and the last season or two of Sheen's time ...the group that left for the sharks needed to leave to break the party up and it's been shown to be true that Benji and Robbie had to go as well to fnd their reset button and come back with a refreshed perspective of how a club runs.
Before my time but yip resets the word cheers

Some positive 10 commandments.

Thou shalt recruit a decent coach for a change with his heart in the right place.

Thoult shalt recruit a few reasonable players instead of the usual trash and no-hopers. Not elite, but let’s not get carried away.

Thou shalt capture home games at BankWest stadium which is the best rugby league ground on planet earth.

Thou shalt make thy major sponsors pleased and happy with the years efforts. This is critical.

Thou shalt not lose our best talent to fwit rivals.

Thou forwards shall over-achieve for their size and stature. They are solid forwards on base platform.

Thou shall demandeth then receive a hefty sum for a disloyal, lying betrayer of a coach instead of the usual $5.60

Thou shalt keep thy head and keep troublemakers in Reggie’s doing penance for their evil.

Thou shall sniff out talented young players albeit from the foreign country of Queensland.

Thou may say that all things considered, it was a frustrating yet worthwhile year.

Thoust did demolish some sides with aplomb and without remorse.

Thout shall give thy fans hope for 2020 and beyondeth.

Courage Tigers!

Last edited:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Not so much a commandment but an agreement.....

If one of us is lucky enough to win Powerball this Thursday we pay to get Tedesco back and bring Manu, Fafita and Haas to the Tigers.

One can only dream!!!

As Joel Caine says "gamble responsibly" lol

axl rose

Bench
*We shall be the victim of a once in a lifetime Ref call.. made up or otherwise

Bill Harrigan loves this one.

Thou shalt loose a scrum against the feed in a final and be the victim of the only time ref didnt tell them to just reset it in 20 years!

The Rosco

Bench
It's like looking through the photo's from your holiday 10 years ago.
You know what happened, and it's kind of nice to be reminded of it.
But seriously . . . . we are a fkkn basket case of a club.

gordsy

Juniors
We are getting better. We had a chance to sign Woods and didn't. I think we are like a big cruise ship turning around it will take us while. With a bit of luck we can get the kids from Matts etc to stay and finally enjoy some success. But that's the dreamer in me saying that. The realist says we will f**k it up and keep eating shit for another 10 - 20 years.

The Rosco

Bench
We are getting better. We had a chance to sign Woods and didn't. I think we are like a big cruise ship turning around it will take us while. With a bit of luck we can get the kids from Matts etc to stay and finally enjoy some success. But that's the dreamer in me saying that. The realist says we will f**k it up and keep eating shit for another 10 - 20 years.
. . . Very much like a cruise ship gordsy. You do tend to eat a lot of shit on a cruise ship, and keep doing so for 11 more fun-filled nights at sea.
Then you spend the next 10-20 years trying to lose the weight.
At the moment, we are still 110 . . . . but have at least stopped gaining, and just might have turned the corner.
Bring on the man shakes !!!

Latest posts