What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers 5 Best Ever Players

Your votes

• Benji Marshall

Votes: 21 100.0%
  • Robbie Farah

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • John Skandalis

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Gareth Ellis

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Brett Hodgson

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Aaron Woods

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scott Prince

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • James Tedesco

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Pat Richards

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Chris Lawrence

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Vic Mackey

Referee
Got brought up in another thread so got me thinking. Sadly the cupboard is fairly bare, I can only have 10 selections and think I’ve picked the most appropriate 10.

For mine:

1. Benji Marshall
2. Robbie Farah
3. Gareth Ellis
4. Brett Hodgson
5. Scott Prince

Front-Rower

First Grade
1. Scott Prince
2. Gareth Ellis
3. Jarrod McCracken (didn’t our season turn to poo after Melbourne took him out)
4. Benji Marshall (2005-2012)
5. Robbie Farah (2005-2012)

simmo1

First Grade
Went with the same first 4 as OP but had Lawrence just over Prince. Lawrence has been outstanding in two positions and his ability to keep coming back from injury is remarkable. A true club great.

Prince was unstoppable back end of 05, but didn't really maintain that form throughout his stay here.

It's a clear top 6 though. Tedesco would be 7th and then daylight to the rest.

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Benji Marshall
2. Gareth Ellis
3. Brett Hodgson
4. Robbie Farah
5. Chris Lawrence

I think Lawrence deserves to be higher. I know he has played with us for a lean period but he has been great at various times. The problem is that he has had poor moments as well. His best was unreal. His worse was poor. I suppose Benji is the same but he was better. Ellis was a machine. Hodgo was unreal. Robbie was close to the best hooker in the game and playing against Buderus and Smith.

1. Marshall
2. Ellis
3. Farah
4/5 hodgo/ Prince

Without Marshall we would never have won the comp. Hodgo and Prince complimented him beautifully. Ellis was the reason 10/11. Farah a mainstay. Aside from them are there any more club legends?

The unknown

Juniors
The cupboard is extremely bare, but if I had to choose

1. Marshall (probably still has the most impressive highlights reel to date)

2. Ellis (only played 3 seasons with us but was our players player in all 3, nuff said)

3. Farah (IMO his best game blows Cam Smith's best game out of the water. Problem is his bad games are really bad)

4. Hodgo (wore his heart on his sleeve, always played 20kg above his weight)

5. Prince (people say no benji no 05 premiership, I don't know if he would have been as good without Prince. CC winner)

If we're talking about greatest players to come out of the tigers system Tedesco will trump all by careers end if he hasn't already. He will surpass greatness, too bad he's a turncoat f**kwit

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Farah (IMO his best game blows Cam Smith's best game out of the water. Problem is his bad games are really bad)

This is the problem with Robbie. Geez he is unreal at times. He is also so bad at times. Smith is consistently good.

In no particular order:

- Benji
- Robbie
- Gareth
- Hodgo
- Prince

Benji in his prime was the best player in the game, a pure magician that could do what others couldn't; Farah was consistently good for the club for more or less his whole career and tough as teak; can't remember Ellis ever having a bad game with us, easily our best second rower we've had; Hodgo was tough as nails, a good goalkicker and handy player to boot and Prince was a great game manager who allowed Benji to work his magic.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Benji and Farah are heads and shoulders above anyone one else due to longevity, the fact we developed them and that they were both damn good at the best. Although both had there flaws and some of the responsibility falls on them, were severely let down by poor teammates and coaching in their careers.

Ellis had the best three year period of anyone at the club. If only we had him for a couple of extra years he probably would of been the best.

Prince and Hodgo would be next but I wouldn't put them on the same level as the top three.

And then there is Lawrence and Tuiaki who could of been anything but for injuries and Tedesco if the prick had start around.

Tiger05, can I change 1 word

From: This is the problem with Robbie. Geez he is unreal at times.

To: This is the problem with Robbie. Geez he was unreal at times.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05, can I change 1 word

From: This is the problem with Robbie. Geez he is unreal at times.

To: This is the problem with Robbie. Geez he was unreal at times.

I agree. He has had his moments this season as well but currently he isn't an option for a high performing first grade team.

Tigerm

First Grade
I agree. He has had his moments this season as well but currently he isn't an option for a high performing first grade team.
I do not think anyone is disputing this, but the fact is, until someone comes to unseat him, he is the best we've got.
If he goes at the end of this year, I hope Liddle can handle it.