What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers re-sign Jacob Liddle

Fordy20

Juniors
Wests Tigers said:
Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that hooker Jacob Liddle has signed a new playing contract with the club

The new deal will see Liddle remain with Wests Tigers until the end of the 2021 season.

A junior representative star, Liddle made his first-grade debut for Wests Tigers in 2016 — his only appearance that season — before playing 13 games the following year in a strong campaign that saw him named the club’s NRL Rookie of the Year.

Still only 22 years of age, Liddle has already chalked up 36 games in his NRL career including five tries and has featured nine times for Michael Maguire’s side in 2019.

The Wyong Roos junior said he was delighted to extend his future with Wests Tigers.

“It’s great to stay here — I’m really happy with the club at the moment,” Liddle said.

“This team is definitely going in the right direction with Michael Maguire and the team is playing really well as a result and I just want to keep being a part of it.

“I know there’s a big opportunity for me now going forward, but there’s also a big opportunity this year to keep contributing where I can. Our team is in a great position and I want to make sure I keep doing everything I can to help with that.”

I know there’s a big opportunity for me now going forward, but there’s also a big opportunity this year to keep contributing.

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire praised Liddle’s professionalism on and off the field, and said he looked forward to watching the hooker continue his development.

“I’m really excited to see Jacob commit his future to Wests Tigers,” Maguire said.

“I’ve been thoroughly impressed with his character and the way he has developed as a player both on and off the field this year. He has shown tremendous progress and I look forward to watching him now take the next steps in his career.

“Jacob has grown really well in his time at the club so far and has added some great attributes to his game. With his genuine speed and creativity, we know he can take this team to another level and we’re excited to see him do that going forward.”

109a6108.jpg

Wests Tigers hookers Jacob Liddle and Robbie Farah
Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe congratulated Liddle on his new playing contract.

“On behalf of all at the club, I’d like to say how pleased we are to secure Jacob for another two seasons,” Pascoe said. “He works extremely hard to better himself as a player and it’s been great to see him grow during his time at the club so far.”

“Jacob is extremely well liked by our Members and fans and we look forward to seeing him keep taking this club forward in the years to come.”

Very happy about this. Madge has steadied the ship for next year by locking down all the players in the areas we need.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
funny how the Liddle hate on social media has basically dissappeared since Robbie announced his retirement

magpie_man

Juniors
Good news but I'd feel a heck of a lot better of we had an established backup dummy half signed as well.
I've heard talks of Koroisau.

simmo05

Bench
funny how the Liddle hate on social media has basically dissappeared since Robbie announced his retirement
From a close source, if robbie played on, liddle goes to melbourne or parra. Good on robbie taking one for the club, and guaranteeing a good young fella continues on with the club

Vic Mackey

Referee
From a close source, if robbie played on, liddle goes to melbourne or parra. Good on robbie taking one for the club, and guaranteeing a good young fella continues on with the club

I’m sure Liddle would have. I’ve also heard that the club told Robbie he wasn’t going to be offered a contract for next year, so daresay that made his decision easier.

gordsy

Juniors
Gonna be interesting with Turpin coming in next here. He is playing hooker at the moment for the broncs from memory. Either way how ever gets the job needs to be playing for 80.

Tiger05

First Grade
Gonna be interesting with Turpin coming in next here. He is playing hooker at the moment for the broncs from memory. Either way how ever gets the job needs to be playing for 80.

I thought we signed Jake Simpkins or something like that and not Turpin.

WA Tiger

Bench
Did we just sign Tadesco??? Ah ok ..well we need a hooker...I’ll give u guys the benefit of the doubt coz to be honest I don’t know much about Liddle or his history at the tigers but sounds like he’s bordering on “favourite son” status ..So for now .I’ll assume you guys can’t all be wrong...just remember in the distant future this page is a contract you all signed backing this guy in...I hope he’s a star ..

gordsy

Juniors
My mistake it was simpkins. Liddle has talent but if we can't full 80 next year we should cut him and look elsewhere. We can't carry another hooker on the bench. If we miss the finals It would be good to see what liddle can do at hooker and put robbie back to the bench.

Shredder

Juniors
Im more worried about him stringing games together with little to no depth in our roster in that position.

Shredder

Juniors
Well the only other we have is a new 17 year old without a grade game to his name.

I have zero problem with us picking up ANYONE who plays hooker for a little depth.