What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers Suck!!!

DC_fan

Coach
Nothing against Benji, but I am sick and tired of seeing, reading and hearing about him. Having him shoved in front of me every minute of the day. All the years I have been following the game I have never come across a player who has received the amount of media hype he does. In fact he is way over hyped. Some in the media treat him like royalty. It's sickening.

I watch TV and all they want to talk about is Benji. I pick up a newspaper and I find Benji plastered all over the back page. Phil Gould never shuts up about him. Sometimes I wonder if Benji is Phil's love child or not.

Can the Sydney media get over him, please. He is not the best player in the game today let alone all-time. Yet to listen to some people in Sydney media talk you would swear Benji could walk on water.

I don't hate Benji, but it's heading that way.

Ausguy

Coach
Jut make sure you don't say he is the player most relied on by his team or you will cop it. May even be named a genius.

Ps I agree he is a great player but over hearing it

woodyk2

First Grade
Great player no doubt,but give us a break. Kind of feel sorry for the rest of the Tigers players.

Bananabender

Juniors
Nothing against you either DC fan...but I love Benji Marshall. I recently brought his book on ebay and mate he has had a hard life growing up and it's great to see him do so well now..he deserves all the accolades he gets.

Moffo

Referee
benji-marshall-girlfriend-photo-i16.jpg

God-King Dean

Immortal
But, but....... Gould says I love the Tigers?!

Benji Marhsall is an immortal, it's completely irrelevent that his last play of 2010 & 2011 have cost his team the game.

Wests are the best in the history of the game. In fact, they are the only reason I watch Rugby League. Watching a team grind a win through disipline, physical & mental toughness is so passe. Tigers pass the ball a lot - now that's true Rugby League!

thommo4pm

Coach
But, but....... Gould says I love the Tigers?!

Benji Marhsall is an immortal, it's completely irrelevent that his last play of 2010 & 2011 have cost his team the game.

Wests are the best in the history of the game. In fact, they are the only reason I watch Rugby League. Watching a team grind a win through disipline, physical & mental toughness is so passe. Tigers pass the ball a lot - now that's true Rugby League!

Agree.

Spot On

Coach
Can't stand watching or listening to him on the footy show. Just doesn't have the personality for it.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Hate it? Wow. Benji is a rugby league superstar and his on field exploits are great for the game. I don't mind seeing ANY superstar getting continued coverage in the media as it means rugby league is getting attention. This attracts potential new sponsors and fans to the game.

Some are too quick to hate. Bigger things to worry about.

Ausguy

Coach
Don't forget to mention THAT PASS...

It's funny that cos pat Richards get no credit for that try an he had to fend off a defender from memory to score.

Anyway I never said I hate benji it's just monotonous hearig abou benji only when it comes to the tigers.

innsaneink

Referee
Nothing against Benji, but I am sick and tired of seeing, reading and hearing about him. Having him shoved in front of me every minute of the day. All the years I have been following the game I have never come across a player who has received the amount of media hype he does. In fact he is way over hyped. Some in the media treat him like royalty. It's sickening.

I watch TV and all they want to talk about is Benji. I pick up a newspaper and I find Benji plastered all over the back page. Phil Gould never shuts up about him. Sometimes I wonder if Benji is Phil's love child or not.

Can the Sydney media get over him, please. He is not the best player in the game today let alone all-time. Yet to listen to some people in Sydney media talk you would swear Benji could walk on water.

I don't hate Benji, but it's heading that way.
Would you prefer dayne Weston, Scott Bolton...or maybe shaun corrigan?

This should be a sticky - I am getting sick of it too.

As for the GF, I agree with Ausguy - it is amazing how little credit it given to Richards for his part in that try. That is the story of the Tigers sadly - only really Marshall gets all the coverage and attention.

Big Pete

Referee
The NRL shouldn't celebrate it's players.

Let's all be humble, let's celebrate the career of David Stagg.

simmo1

First Grade
f**k I hate it when the media celebrates one of the special talents in the game. Would much rather be hearing about where Carney was drinking last night.

Latest posts