What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers take over bid

wazdog

Juniors
Roosters are the most important team in Sydney. They're based in the CBD and flying the flag for RL against serious competition from Swans and Waratahs. It would be great if the ARLC had a plan to convert the North Shore into rusted-on Roosters territory.

The Elmer Fudds aka South Sydney are a juggernaut now, but who knows where they will be when the old timers die off. They averaged less than 11k in 2017, which isn't enough for a team not collecting revenue from pokies and proves they have a lot of fair-weather fans.

https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/souths.html

Whilst match attendance is important its not the only driver of fan engagement. It needs to be looked at in conjunction with paid memberships, corporate sponsorship and merchandise sales which we would be up there with the best across the Sydney market and also nationally.

I meant his loyalty. Easts supporter one day - Souths the next. Wouldn’t want to pin my club’s future on someone like that.

He did it for his father who reportedly used to also support the Bunnies at one point. Kerry gave the club $750,000 during Super League to help fight for our survival

That's despite Tigers not having a Hollywood actor pouring millions into them and not enjoying much success onfield since 2005.

They actually don’t though. Apart from the initial $3m plus the $7m later on ($2m has since been returned) Crowe or Packer haven’t pumped funds into the club since at least 2013.

I own my club

Parramatta Leagues’ Club Limited is a member owned organisation

https://www.ibisworld.com/au/company/parramatta-leagues-club-ltd/5881/

Rabbitohs financial members aged over 18 own 25% of the club and are represented on the board by 3 of the 10 of directors appointed through the member company. This is pretty much the same representation you could get as clubs owned by leagues club where each member gets a vote.

The member company also own a preference share and Crowe and Packer can’t do any of the following with consent of the financial members: discussions on mergers, joint ventures or amalgamations, team colours, club name, logos and any home ground outside the South Sydney District (with the exception of Stadium Australia). For any of the above to change it would need to go to a member vote.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Well then please tell me about how Wests Tigers were there in 1908. I know there is tons of evidence that Souths were there but I can't seem to find a single,solitary mention that there was a team called Wests Tigers. Your existence doesn't hurt me in the slightest. On the contrary, it gives me great pleasure laughing at them and their poor deluded fans.

They were there in 1908 with the Northern Eagles and the Gold Coast Chargers.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
So... Let me understand this. If you feel that Wests Tigers have no link to Balmain or the Magpies then how is this relevant to the discussion beyond Elias personally?

Oh? The history? So you're selectively applying it depending on feelings?

Ok.

Lol, sure they do.
How does this upset you? Why should it matter to you?

I’m a Magpies fan But that is absolute nonsense :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
NRL began in 1998, did it not?

All NSWRL records pre-1988 should not be attached to the NRL as it wasn't a national competition and, many of the game's best players played in Queensland. It's insulting to ignore the storied career of Wally Lewis in the BRL when he was the best player in the country and, played for a Wynnum Manly team that had a superior roster to anyone from the NSWRL.

Nope. They might wear the shit but they sure as hell don't watch it.

Here's your logic....

We need to expand because of Afl, NBA, EPL, Chinese water skiing.

So let's kick teams out and have their fans go to afl.

Let's look at the ratings of NBL and A League

Both average 10K viewers. That's it....

Wow....be afraid, NRL...be very afraid....

Meanwhile NRL games average over 500k

They tried it your way, delusional dickhead.

And it's taken 20 years to get anywhere near where the game was.

The definition of lunacy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Why do we have dickheads who want to wreck the game?

Can't you go to AFL and wreck theirs?
Optus Sport has over 600k subscribers. When I was growing up in the 90s the kids at my school watched nothing but soccer, especially the EPL. Many of them didn't know the difference between RL and RU.

Like Shane Richardson said, the Sydney model hasn't worked in over 100 years, but there are lunatics who want to keep it going because of tradition.

siv

First Grade
While many Wests Tigers fans dont know Sirro, Jack or Dallas

You can bet everyone knows who the players were who forfeited the Final in 1909

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
Rabbitohs financial members aged over 18 own 25% of the club and are represented on the board by 3 of the 10 of directors appointed through the member company. This is pretty much the same representation you could get as clubs owned by leagues club where each member gets a vote.

The member company also own a preference share and Crowe and Packer can’t do any of the following with consent of the financial members: discussions on mergers, joint ventures or amalgamations, team colours, club name, logos and any home ground outside the South Sydney District (with the exception of Stadium Australia). For any of the above to change it would need to go to a member vote.

Good to know. so the same board representation as Balmain at Wests Tigers.

Tiger5150

Bench

All NSWRL records pre-1988 should not be attached to the NRL as it wasn't a national competition and, many of the game's best players played in Queensland. It's insulting to ignore the storied career of Wally Lewis in the BRL when he was the best player in the country and, played for a Wynnum Manly team that had a superior roster to anyone from the NSWRL.

I got what you meant....and nearly jumped in....except you are right, the NRL has only existed since 98, Tigers since 2000, Souffs had a year off.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Optus Sport has over 600k subscribers. When I was growing up in the 90s the kids at my school watched nothing but soccer, especially the EPL. Many of them didn't know the difference between RL and RU.

Like Shane Richardson said, the Sydney model hasn't worked in over 100 years, but there are lunatics who want to keep it going because of tradition.
Go f**k up afl.

You type have already screwed this game once.

And where ever you went to school must be some daigo school because honestly most kids wouldn't have a clue who the teams are and neither is that translating to the A League.

Mr Spock!

Referee

NRL was a continuation of the ARL and the NSWRL.

You really are desperate if you think they are not the same.

BRL clubs by the way kept their history when they played the defunct state league.

Can you imagine AFL deleting its history to appease some knob in Townsville?

Mr Spock!

Referee
So... Let me understand this. If you feel that Wests Tigers have no link to Balmain or the Magpies then how is this relevant to the discussion beyond Elias personally?

Oh? The history? So you're selectively applying it depending on feelings?

Ok.

How does this upset you? Why should it matter to you?
I think it's apt that a cheating grub like Elias would own the Tigers. Didn't he rip Balmain off?

And I didn't bring up 1909 and how Balmain tried to cheat the league.