What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wet Canvas Survivor :: Round One Banner Thread!

El Coconuto

Bench
Let's get this show on the road people's...:cool:

Wet Canvas Survivor - Round One
Monday 14th May - Friday 18th May

Banner Thread:
All banners from round one are to be posted in this thread no later than Friday 18th May, 2007. Any contestant who fails to submit a piece of artwork will automatically be eliminated from the competition. A new voting thread will open on Saturday 18th May. The voting system will also be announced in that thread.

Remember: artworks can be any size you want, just NO LARGER than 800x600. Those are your boundaries/limitations. The size therein is at the discretion of the author.

So, without further ado...

Round One Banner Topic: Rugby League :cool:

(A nice place to start)

just a question on plagiarism or whatever.

in all our league banners (dodger's weekly game ones for exapmple) we have nrl licenced logos.
dodger even has the telstra premiership logo in his storm dogs one right now.

if we can use these images which are licenced, then what images cant we use?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd assume ones like images from getty etc that you have to pay to use etc... but I'm happy for someone else to clarify.

El Coconuto

Bench
Oh no no...

OK, it's perfectly okay to use any of those pictures. Logos, player mugs, etc etc.

Just don't submit someone elses previously designed graphics with your name over the top of it. For example, if you used dodgers new south wales banner and then just stuck your name over the top of it, and submitted it as your entry, you've plagiarised his work. THAT'S the no-no!

But feel free to get any images from anywhere you want.

But be sure not to hijacked somebody elses graphics and sell them as your own.

Clearer?

Jono Russell

Bench
Should the comp not run untill Saturday 19th. Just gives some people that work and don't get home to there graphics programs till bloody late a chance to submit on a work free day.

Dread

Juniors
A wallpaper to kick off the festivities...

Rugby_League_by_elgarbo.jpg

Stonecutter

First Grade
My submission.

WCScopy.png

EDIT: I didn't realise I had the same pic as MC84, (the Provans, Summons one). Is this a problem?

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Frederick said:
Joey? He retired, you know ;-)

O RLY?

Well the photo was taken this year so i don't mind.

I was planning on using a pic of Buderus but couldn't find a decent one that i liked (i'm very picky) so i just used that one of Joey