What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wet weather - who does it favour?

twistedbydesign

Juniors
Guys I'm staring out of my bedroom window in Randwick and it is absolutely pouring! I'm unsure of how the weather is looking out towards the west but I'd say there is a fair chance that we will be playing in the wet tonight.

The question is, who does this favour? Of course wet weather generally results in more condensed football, and I worry about our chances if it does become just an armwrestle up front - as Wooly reportedly acknowledged we need to work those big boys around a little bit. Having said that, if our forwards can hold their own I think Linc, Wooly and Shif could be very dangerous around the rucks against tiring big men in slippery conditions. I don't think that Hughes and Perry are anywhere near as lethal in this situation.

Any thoughts?

Raiders_mat

Juniors
Agree with what you are saying twisted I also think get them playing it out from their goal line is a must in wet weather footy.

Make their big boys work hard to make meters.

I think we have to be on fire with our kicking to night, alot of 50/50 balls along the ground into the ingoal., put them under pressure.

We need alot of repeat sets tonight.

aussies1st

Staff member
It would favour us as Canberra is usually wet. Our boys know how to run in wet weather plus we never play an expansive game so that won't be a problem tongiht.

Raider_69

Post Whore
very dark and grey out here in westie land
im about 30 minutes drive from the stadium and i expect some pretty full on rain

shear_joy9

Coach
aussies1st said:
It would favour us as Canberra is usually wet. Our boys know how to run in wet weather plus we never play an expansive game so that won't be a problem tongiht.

Yeah seeing it rains so much in Canberra. :sarcasm:

Anyone have an estimate on ticket numbers? News through the week said bulldog fans weren't too keen, you can't expect many game day turnouts due to the weather.

I one last note off topic: Had a dream last night Woolford rang me up just before the game saying we had a player injured and he wanted me to fill in!
Hope it's not true as I've never played RL in my life!