What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weyman charged by judiciary

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
[FONT=&quot]It's been reported that Weyman has been charged for a grade one striking offence. Anyone know which incident led to this charge?

Could be crucial for the Titans game with the injuries we have.

Source: The Leader (Sorry, can't post the link).[/FONT]

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The raised arm - leading into a tackle.

At the time I hoped that no one else noticed, then Channel 9 played it back in slomo.

Not much in it - but if they want to pin him they will.

Our best forward, but what with niggling injuries he could do with the week off.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Oh now I remember. Didn't seem to be much in it, I hope he plays against Tits. He's definitely needed

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Props Matt Prior and Jarrod Saffy and Kiwis Test backrower Jeremy Smith are all facing extended stints on the sidelines after failing to see out Friday night's big win over Brisbane.

The Dragons were still counting the cost of the 34-16 win on Monday with NSW Origin front rower Michael Weyman charged with grade one striking by the match review committee.

He is in line to miss one match whether he takes the early guilty plea or unsuccessfully fights the charge at the judiciary.

The club said it would wait until Tuesday before entering a plea.
While Weyman will definitely be available for the round six Anzac Day blockbuster against Sydney Roosters, Dragons coach Wayne Bennett will be without the other three for some time.

Smith and Prior were both diagnosed with strained posterior cruciate ligaments and will be out for 4-6 weeks while Saffy suffered a high ankle sprain and will be out for a similar period.

Offering some relief to Bennett is the expected return of Queensland Origin backrower Neville Costigan, who was expected to make his way back via the NSW Cup after off-season shoulder surgery.

Costigan is now likely to be rushed straight into the NRL side, while youngster Trent Merrin and former South Sydney prop Michael Greenfield will also be in line for call-ups.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...set-to-lose-four-for-titans-trip/default.aspx

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
Are you talking about the time he had the ball? If that's the case, I remember when Burgess scored his 2nd try against the dogs. He elbowed yeileen gordon fair in the throat and nothing was mentioned. Gordon struggled to get up at the time. Would like for them to use that video if they decide to contest the charge.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
bloody ridiculous. how can he be charged for that love tap on hunt. It was so soft. Now 4 of our front line forwards out and a tough task against the titans but i believe that we can still win. what about burgess elbow when he scored the try against the dogs. f####ing ridiculous

Last edited:

LazyDreamer

Bench
Are you talking about the time he had the ball? If that's the case, I remember when Burgess scored his 2nd try against the dogs. He elbowed yeileen gordon fair in the throat and nothing was mentioned. Gordon struggled to get up at the time. Would like for them to use that video if they decide to contest the charge.

Precisely.