What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a f**king shambles!

legend

Coach
This has been the most disgracefu lsecond half I have seen all year! Up by 12 and down by 10 as we speak.

There is no leadership and chipping from the scrum when you are inyour own half against the fastest player in the NRL, f**king priceless!

f**k we have some spastics in our side, led superbly by Colin Best.

Best, Tilse and Howell have been dead set useless.

FMD, this is absolute sh*te!

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Ha.. i dont know about the worst half... we've had a few of them which were shockers.

This one hurts, because we had it all over them for a while until they got rid of there dropsies and we picked it up.

Imagine if we'd held the ball and completed sets, it was just a bush league collapse.

I really wanted Costigan to throw one, would have made me feel a bit better.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Howell wasn't great but did what was asked of him i thought Chalk was our worst back he was ok in defense and took a great bomb but OMG in attack he would submit before the defence every time~!!! just not like him.. but yeah Best just seems kinda dumb like every time he attacks the wing he goes into touch.
Withers was our best played great

aussies1st

Staff member
Totally fell apart in the 2nd half, defence was non existant and the usual knock ons and silly penalties came back.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Oh, and Carney needs to come back pushing Campese to centre, Chalk to pl.

45 miss tackles, thats shocking.

Oh and what was with Best not putting his body in the way of robertson with that orford chip across field? It was pretty much a non contested mark.

I'd say piss him off, but we really really dont have any better options.

I want to give a rap to costigan and purtell who i thought played well.

legend

Coach
Best is awful but chipping in your own half from the scrum? That was a terrible decision with a low chance of success. I mean, are these guys under sevens as adults don't make stupid decisions like that!

Passing two wide from a tap with Tilse is always a recipe for disaster.

Hi All.

This is not the first time this has happened. I remember a year or two ago we conceded 40 odd points in the second half against the Roosters and got flogged after we led by 10 points with 25 minutes to go.

Today was the same. We conceded 46 points in 41 minutes. We played so well in the first half that I even gave us a chance to win the game.

The errors are the problem. Kicking out on the full from halfway after just conceding a try is suicide.

No wonder we have the worse defence in the competition. We should play the Queensland Reds to see who can concede the least amount of points in a game.

When we concede points, man do we concede them. It was very painful to watch that second half effort. The game was over when we were behind 28-18. There was no looking back then.

Henry has to drum it into the players heads that once a try is conceded, it is not the end of the world and to play with the same intensity throughout the match.

Purtell has improved over the past few weeks. I now have serious doubts over Howell. He should not be in the top 17.

All the best,

Master_Raider®©

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Ha, howells not Robinson Crusoe in terms of who shouldnt be in the top 17.

After todays performances
Best
Howell
Chalk
Tilse

would be in reserves at any other club. Unfortunately, we don't have the quality in the backs to replace these guys.

I just couldn't believe we weren't completing sets. The amount of dropped ball was incredible.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Yeah.

The players i listed though, they have the potential and all can play great games. They just didn't turn out what we expect from them today.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
GC_Gladiator said:
Ha, howells not Robinson Crusoe in terms of who shouldnt be in the top 17.

After todays performances
Best
Howell
Chalk
Tilse

would be in reserves at any other club. Unfortunately, we don't have the quality in the backs to replace these guys.

I just couldn't believe we weren't completing sets. The amount of dropped ball was incredible.

they have to get rid of them ,maybe not tilse yet but those backs are useless. try putting the other backs from premier league mthey cant possibly be as bad as howell and Worst

The Weyman went alright in PL, as did Bronx...send Howell back there, and kick his ass on his way back.

I hope they work out some form of defensive structure where they can do it for more than 38 minutes!

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Best has to go also, he has got nothing to offer on the wing and why not put these other guys in, i really hope Henry sees what every raider fan sees and get rid of Best and Howell forever.

Leethal

Juniors
The second half sucked balls, but they are a bunch of kids and this sh*te will happen. Disappointing, but we are still missing a heap of players......We'll come good....

Disco

Bench
Performances like this are part and parcel of having a young and inexperienced team, u'll be up and down, and at times extremely frustrating

But you guys will be fine, there is enough talent in you squad to ensure you are there abouts this year and a contender in coming years

azza

Juniors
I am determined to keep my eyes on the big picture. I suspected we might choke in the 2nd half today and it's just another lesson for this young side about applying yourself for the full 80.

I don't care whether we win or lose this year too much, it's more the process of improvement I'm interested in. I'm confident we have the core of a team that will be very formidable in years to come. The proportion of nuffy content in our outside backs is definitely a little too high but our spine of 1, 6, 7 and 9 is IMO a very promising one.

Our defence is pathetic and although that is primarily a mental thing, no doubt our outside backs are not helping in that area. I thought Campese was again strong today but he is best relied upon as an occassional kicker every one or two sets out of seven rather than a playmaker we go to on the end of every set. With Carney back next week he should ideally play in the centres.

I think our biggest problem is concentration and coming up with critical errors at the worst possible times. These sorts of errors basically kill off any momentum we have and let the opposition back into the game. That is a classic hallmark of inexperience and will get better with time.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Now that Legend has had his weekly rant, let's look a little at this a bit rationally....we put 30 points on the team with the best defensive record in the competition. That is an amazing effort.

I'll concede however that our defence was scandalous. I've never written this before, and in the past I've said quite the opposite....but really, Howell has got to go.

Sydney_Raider said:
Schif, did Bickerstaff play PL? How did Milne & Cross go?

Bickers did play PL, got himself a meat pie as well.

and I agree with azza. Sitting there at 12-0, I wasn't comfortable. Then again at 18-6, still not comfortable. At least they can score points this year though!!

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
yeah there were heaps of positives after 38 minuets i was thinking how much better were gonna be in a year or 2 and how were only gonna improve although the players mentioned did have bad games as said all are capable of great performances i wouldn't make many changes.

we now have the third best attack in the league lol worst defense tho :(

Latest posts