What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What about Rein at 5/8??

elevenstraight

Juniors
Did he play any time in the halves whilst in the NYC?

I really like his mongrel and work rate, he attacks the line well whenever he runs, is quick and i believe he could spark anything from anywhere. Can tackle too. King to hooker fulltime.

Thoughts?

Just putting it out there.....

elevenstraight

Juniors
apparently he doesnt have a kicking game tho.....

Id be all for King there since he was a 6 in juniors, however he wants to be a fulltime 9

st.phil

Bench
Rein and white coloured glasses? Honestly - he is a good no-nonsense dummy half but his passing game is nowhere near what would be needed in a five-eighth. Did you see him out on the left against souths? Yucky.

He is a pure hooker, no doubt.

What I'd like to see in the future is king starting at 9 and playing about 30 minutes before moving to become a (admittedly undersized) ball playing lock. This would allow rein to come on fresh n go at tired forwards out of dummy half for the last 10 before half time

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We need Rein at dummy half more than ever. Fien is at the backend of his career, Young may never play again.

Cameron King still needs more time in first grade.

TheRev

First Grade
Yar Rein needs to stay put, King is the logical choice, or Marketo if you wanted to experiment now.

But if we go down this path (which Price wont until hes 100% sure we cant make the 8), it has to be all or nothing, there will be a big headline if Hornby is sat down before the end of season.

possm

Coach
If the time comes when they can't make the 8, I thing they will go this way:
Officially Hornby will be injured and the team will look like this for the remainder of 2012:

1. Cummins
2. Morris
3. Cooper/Green
4. C Stanley
5. Nightingale
6. King
7. Soward
8. Merrin
9. Rein
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12. Scott
13. De Belin

Hoekstra

Juniors
Not sure on his skills for that type of role. Think it was Rein that was isolated racing out of the defensive line for an early Souths try a bit wider out. Would love to see King given a go in the halves. Poor bloke is flat out getting a bench gig though.

russell border

Juniors
Officially Hornby will be injured and the team will look like this for the remainder of 2012:

1. Cummins
2. Morris
3. Cooper/Green
4. C Stanley
5. Nightingale
6. King
7. Soward
8. Merrin
9. Rein
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12. Scott
13. De Belin

I've only read as far as your number 1. From what I have read Cummins is out for the year with a foot operation. Why do guys post this shit, makes the forum look like it is full of part time fans

64 Dragon

Coach
Yeah, Cummins is definitely out for the year. I don't think Price will experiment with selections at any time, unless there are injuries or Hornby etc. volunteer to stand down.

TheRev

First Grade
- Positionally I think 1-6 are exactly as they need to be, you could possibly experiment with 7, but the only guy who probably had been training as a half was Kyle or Fien, Kyle is injured and I dont see the point of Fien coming in, id rather Hornby.

- I wouldnt mind messing around with 7, but apart from that, im not sure what play we have left this season, all we can do is get some attacking plays working and score some points, were probably getting closer to that goal each week, but too little too late.

- Im more worried about our longterm success at this point.

Mr Red

First Grade

1. Cummins
2. Morris
3. Cooper/Green
4. C Stanley
5. Nightingale
6. King
7. Soward
8. Merrin
9. Rein
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12. Scott
13. De Belin
a good team.. if you are competing for the bottom 4..

ghostface

Juniors
Saints will have to make the choice between Mitch Rein or Cameron King we can't keep both particularly if King wants to play the hooker position as well. Rein is contracted till the end of 2013 and will be entitled to a larger contract. Rival clubs will be sniffing and will push his price up. To maintain a balanced team we should only keep one. Cam King would be my choice has a lot more upside.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Saints will have to make the choice between Mitch Rein or Cameron King we can't keep both particularly if King wants to play the hooker position as well. Rein is contracted till the end of 2013 and will be entitled to a larger contract. Rival clubs will be sniffing and will push his price up. To maintain a balanced team we should only keep one. Cam King would be my choice has a lot more upside.

King is a gamble because of injuries but I have no doubt he'll be the better of the 2.

The Nick

Bench
I've only read as far as your number 1. From what I have read Cummins is out for the year with a foot operation. Why do guys post this shit, makes the forum look like it is full of part time fans

possm tends to just make this shit up. I don't think he's the full quid. The spelling of his name is the first giveaway.

Changaman

Juniors
Rein pass has let him down when he is getting tired or under pressure, is is usually not flat enough and way too high. Seriously not a half or 5/8.