What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your favourite rugby league images ?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Any Riff fans name all these?

Looks like the Penny supporters don't want to answer. I could cheat and look at their 1991 side but wont and will see who i can work out from this pic.

Brad Fittler
Mark Geyer
Paul Dunn
John Cartwright
Royce Simmons
Greg Alexander
Paul Clarke
Brad Izzard
Steve Carter

Any one else fill in the dots, i know quite a few other players who played for Penrith in 1991 but just cant work out them from this current photo, think i can see Graham Mackay but not certain.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Looks like the Penny supporters don't want answer. I could cheat and look at their 1991 side but wont and will see who i can work out from this pic.

Brad Fittler
Mark Geyer
Paul Dunn
John Cartwright
Royce Simmons
Greg Alexander
Paul Clarke
Brad Izzard
Steve Carter

Any one else fill in the dots, i know quite a few other players who played for Penrith in 1991 but just cant work out them from this current photo, think i can see Graham Mackay but not certain.
Thanks Horrie. Yeah i think hes in the red shirt. Not everyone can age like Ralph Macchio but age has not been kind to a few of these gentlemen.

Fangs

Coach
Looks like the Penny supporters don't want answer. I could cheat and look at their 1991 side but wont and will see who i can work out from this pic.

Brad Fittler
Mark Geyer
Paul Dunn
John Cartwright
Royce Simmons
Greg Alexander
Paul Clarke
Brad Izzard
Steve Carter

I literally picked out the same players you did. Couldn't do the rest.

Except for Colin Van der Voort.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Thanks Horrie. Yeah i think hes in the red shirt. Not everyone can age like Ralph Macchio but age has not been kind to a few of these gentlemen.

Yep but some of them aged quite well also. Was surprised by Paul Clarke, i used to see him quite regularly at work around 2008-2012 or 2013 as a rep, he still looked in good shape then but surprised how much he has beefed it since then, he still has the same handsome face though so still very recognisble.

_snafu_

Immortal
d7e59b06f71225141e1586c66060abb8

Mine was Beetroot Face crying foul on NRL 360 pretending he’s taking sone kind of high ground about bomber Morris when really he’s pissed off he isn’t fed info out of Sharks anymore.

Diddums, go “support” someone else

axl rose

Bench
Looks like the Penny supporters don't want to answer. I could cheat and look at their 1991 side but wont and will see who i can work out from this pic.

Brad Fittler
Mark Geyer
Paul Dunn
John Cartwright
Royce Simmons
Greg Alexander
Paul Clarke
Brad Izzard
Steve Carter

Which one is Steve Carter? I thought he was in the middle but a riff fan assurs me thats Brad Izzard.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Which one is Steve Carter? I thought he was in the middle but a riff fan assurs me thats Brad Izzard.

Actually thought he was the one at the back behind Paul Clarke and the dude in red, at first i thought that was Brad Izzard but i'm almost certain that Brad Izzard is the one front middle, was more a guess but Izzard and Carter looked a bit a like facially as they got older, as i say it was only a guess though and happy for a Penny supporter to correct me. Mind you i'm still trying to work out who is next to Brad Izzard at the front also, the one Paul Clarke has his hand on his shoulder, that had me thinking Steve Carter also.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Its funny, found a more straight on photo and someone says Steve Carter is the one between John Cartwright and Paul Dunn. Could be but i'm confused now

Eyj1L65VcAAZ8-i.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
Looks like i was wrong , seems like Steve Carter missed the photo due to doing an interview. The one i thought was Carter was Barry Walker and the one next to Brad Izzard was Col Bentley.

Matt

@Matt_2607

·
Apr 10

Replying to
@PenrithPanthers
Back - Vitanza, Van Der Voort, Bradley, Clarke, Walker, Mackay, Greene, Mair, Cartwright, Smith, Dunn, Geyer, Fittler. Front - Xuereb, Bentley, Izzard, Simmons, Alexander. Carter was doing an interview and had some more shots with the group after this was taken. #PantherPride

axl rose

Bench
Looks like i was wrong , seems like Steve Carter missed the photo due to doing an interview. The one i thought was Carter was Barry Walker and the one next to Brad Izzard was Col Bentley.

Matt

@Matt_2607

·
Apr 10

Replying to
@PenrithPanthers
Back - Vitanza, Van Der Voort, Bradley, Clarke, Walker, Mackay, Greene, Mair, Cartwright, Smith, Dunn, Geyer, Fittler. Front - Xuereb, Bentley, Izzard, Simmons, Alexander. Carter was doing an interview and had some more shots with the group after this was taken. #PantherPride

Cheers. Was looking for Greg Barwick as well but seems he was stuck overseas.

9b2d7dcdee9e6a6cf692cd9166f18170

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/c6de6122a1d344f4175a6acd6c33f440

The Newtown Jets have painted a giant number 7 on the hill at Henson Park as they prepare for Saturday’s ‘Thank you Tommy’ game in memory of the great Tommy Raudonikis.
The Jets haven’t played at their home ground since August, 2019 but will return on Saturday to take on the Knights — and to also honour Raudonikis, a former Newtown captain.

Raudonikis passed away last week after a battle with cancer.

He played 238 top grade games in his career with, 37 of those with Newtown, as well as representing NSW and Australia.

The popular No.7 was regarded one of the great characters of the game.

Mayor of the Inner West, Darcy Byrne revealed on Thursday that the Jets had painted Raudonikis’ No.7 on the hill at Henson Park ahead of Saturday’s match.

The Jets are expecting a huge crowd at their spiritual home to celebrate the life of Raudonikis.

It will be the first time they’ve played at Henson Park since the final round of the 2019 NSW Cup season proper. The Jets went on to win the grand final and State Cup Championship that year before the 2020 season was cancelled due to COVID.

There will be plenty of rugby league heritage to see with Zac Woolford, Bronson Garlick, Jack A Williams and Monty Raper all set to play for the Jets.

Woolford is the son of Canberra great, Simon and Garlick is the son of ex Rabbitohs and Roosters player, Sean. Meanwhile, Williams is the grandson of rugby league immortal, Reg Gasnier and Raper is the grandson of Dragons and Sharks icon Monty Porter.

Utility back Tyla Tamou will don the No.7 jersey in the absence of regular halfback Braydon Trindall, who has been named in the reserves for NRL this week.

If you’re planning on heading out for a great afternoon of footy at Henson Park, you can find all of the information you need here.

Latest posts