What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

horrie hastings

First Grade
I did a double take at work today, this song Cassandra by Sherbet played on my ipod, about 10 mins later I walked out into the centre to get something to eat and the same song was playing over the centres pa system.

doyen

Bench
I did a double take at work today, this song Cassandra by Sherbet played on my ipod, about 10 mins later I walked out into the centre to get something to eat and the same song was playing over the centres pa system.

Those double takes are freaky ;especially with a pretty obscure song like Cassandra----amazing how that can happen!!!

Yep, they more or less put a disclaimer in the first couple of shows that most of the material was lost or destroyed, a shame because I really love the era of 75-76 just as much as I really love the early 80s.

I just finished 1985.

My bread n butter - Tears For Fears, Nik Kershaw and A-Ha.

Truth be told, A-Ha's Take On Me is my favourite song and video of all time. I hear it at least once a day. Actually saw (and got my photo taken in) parts of the real set they rotoscoped for the video. It was in a History of the Video Clip exhibition in Melbourne. Quite a highlight.

doyen

Bench

elmaK9MOuE0

The HORSES by Ricky lee Jones--the lady who wrote the song!!

Remember;"Chuck E's in Love."

horrie hastings

First Grade
Those double takes are freaky ;especially with a pretty obscure song like Cassandra----amazing how that can happen!!!

Yes, I hear quite a few songs that are on my iPod being played on the centres PA system from time to time but as you say it’s freaky when it’s a more obscure song such as Cassandra.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I just finished 1985.

My bread n butter - Tears For Fears, Nik Kershaw and A-Ha.

Truth be told, A-Ha's Take On Me is my favourite song and video of all time. I hear it at least once a day. Actually saw (and got my photo taken in) parts of the real set they rotoscoped for the video. It was in a History of the Video Clip exhibition in Melbourne. Quite a highlight.

I saw Nik Kershaw walking around in Newtown a few years ago when he was supporting Kim Wilde at the Enmore theatre, he had aged very well.
Take On Me is a classic but I also think A-Ha’s The Sun Always Shines On Tv is such an underrated classic also.
Did get sick of Everbody Wants To Rule The World when 2WS used to play it to death but after not hearing it for so long I really appreciated what a good song it was when I watched the 1985 countdown episode.

I remember the song, but,to save my life,I wouldn't have known John JUSTIN!!

Nice shoes!

It's a cover of the David Essex hit, I know.
And I vaguely remember this version.
However I've seen this guy on Countdown clip, a Sounds interview and that's about it.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Not much chance of a double up happening now with the music the centre plays because the Christmas carols have clicked in :eek: Mind you today on my ipod Simon and Garfunkel Sound Of Silence came up then the following song Sharleen Spiteri's version of Sound Of Silence played.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Don't know what's going on with the centres music programming but between some Christmas carols today Madonna's Justify My Love played, made me smirk a bit but it was really bizarre.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Been in a bit of a strange mood since work today, I played the Partridge Family then some of Elaine Paige’s songs now I’m giving Marcia Hines a good whirl.