What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What cheeses me OFF!!!!

simon says

First Grade
I am sick to the teeth of watching stoopid players backchat referees.Surely its time to start imposing some serious fines/penalties for this blight on the game.

Its getting that bad now,that a ref cant make a decision without explaining the reason to the player involved and the captain,not to mention copping a spray.And nearly all the time the captain wants to DISUSS it so he can slow down the play.Plain and simple this is cheating.Its like diving when getting up to play the ball(which i also despise).

The whole act is pointless.Have you ever seen a ref change his mind and change his decision???Itll never happen.Players are ruining their sides chances by ticking off the referee.You just cant win.

I think its time for a zero tolerance when it comes to questioning their decisions.Before the game,tell em that if they question the decision or blow up,its a penalty.Then bin the idiots.If they want more,send em off and get on with the game.

If the captain MUST question it,do it on the run and dont let em slow down the play.Im going to spew if I see one more petulant captain demand to say his peace,or a player who has obviously transgressed and then has the hide to call the ref a dickhead????

And while Im at it,I think the coaches have to play a part in this and stop telling captains (and players)to question every decision.Its not only stoopid,its sends a terrible message to the kids and its bloody annyoing to watch.

Cheers.

ozbash

Referee
totaly agree with you.
the nrl said they were going to clamp down on it this season.

simon says

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
Captains have every right to question decisions. Other players don't.

:roll: :roll:

Stock standard Canberra fan response,as their Captain is one of the worst at it.No surprise there.

Captains can question,but really,every penalty given against them???If you dont understand that they only do it to slow play down well......

hrundi99

First Grade
simon says said:
hrundi99 said:

Stock standard Canberra fan response,as their Captain is one of the worst at it.No surprise there.

Captains can question,but really,every penalty given against them???If you dont understand that they only do it to slow play down well......

Stock standard Tigers fan response...

westie

Bench
hrundi99 said:
simon says said:
hrundi99 said:

I like how you didnt give a reason why thats a standard response.

simon says

First Grade
Yeah,wasnt the best comeback.

Im just surprised that everyone isnt sick of the constant niggle of players on referees.Captains or not.If anything the captains tick me off the most as they are constantly whining.It really ticks me off.Obviously Im pretty much on my Pat Malone.....

Oh well.... :? :? :?

Your right Simon
Its a good ploy used by most to gain some time.
The capt.cant just be dismissed however cause there would be an uproar so its a useful tactic.

skeepe

Immortal
It depends for me. If there is a genuine reason to question the referee, then I support the captain and only the captain being able to do that.

When it is not reasonable that the referee needs to be questioned, such as when Kimmorley questioned Archer over an offside ruling that was clear for Blind Freddy to see, that is what we need to get rid of.

Also, it should only be the captain. I hate to use the Sharks again as an example, but every penalised player seemed to be going up to the referee asking the question, Danny Nutley in particular. That's not their job and it should be left to the captains.

sportive cupid

Referee
I agree wholeheartedly with you Simon says.I watch alot of junior rugby league and I see this creeping in at this level.Alot of the time it's not about genuinely wanting to know why a decision is made but a ploy to slow things down and take away the momentum.
It's not a good example to set for young players

thickos

First Grade
westie said:
hrundi99 said:
simon says said:
hrundi99 said:

Its a stock standard tigers fan response because they can't bear to admit that a Raiders fan has said something that is, essentially, correct. Heaven forbid they admit we're right occassionally - I mean they still whinge about 'that' penalty in the 89 GF :roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
thickos said:
westie said:
hrundi99 said:
simon says said:
hrundi99 said:

Its a stock standard tigers fan response because they can't bear to admit that a Raiders fan has said something that is, essentially, correct. Heaven forbid they admit we're right occassionally - I mean they still whinge about 'that' penalty in the 89 GF :roll:

Funny that hrundi was in the minority, and thus not correct...

Don't tell me you agree with 'that' penalty...

***MH***

Bench
as long as it's a question and not a statement. if a captain comes up to me and blasts their chops they deserve a march. if he comes up to me and asks a question, then i got no problem. unless he's a persistent little prick that doesn't know when to give up when i say that'll do.

hrundi99

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Funny that hrundi was in the minority, and thus not correct...

Earth to dimwit...

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. The fact that mine is different to yours doesn't make it wrong.

It's a big world out there...

Don't tell me you agree with 'that' penalty...

:lol:

You just proved Thickos' point. Congratulations!

Anonymous

Juniors
thickos said:
So the minority is always wrong? Mate enter politics

f**king idiot. You stated that people taking a point of view opposing yours are wrong. What response do you expect when they are in the majority. There's not EVEN a right and wrong here...

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Mighty Heighty said:
as long as it's a question and not a statement. if a captain comes up to me and blasts their chops they deserve a march. if he comes up to me and asks a question, then i got no problem. unless he's a persistent little prick that doesn't know when to give up when i say that'll do.

If I can aim to reduce the stupidity in this thread, this is a good point! Surely a captain (and only captain) is allowed to ask a question on a referee's decision, as a fan I find many decisions difficult to understand, and a captain should have a right to ask for an answer of why a certain decison was made. The capatain can then advise his team to not do a certain thing furthermore in the game.

But when jerks like Kimmorley question a decision every freaking penalty to slow down the game, then the ref needs to just say "go away, or you'll be penalised".

simon says

First Grade
tiger pride said:
a captain should have a right to ask for an answer of why a certain decison was made. The captain can then advise his team to not do a certain thing furthermore in the game.

But when jerks like Kimmorley question a decision every freaking penalty to slow down the game, then the ref needs to just say "go away, or you'll be penalised".

Spot on.I have no issue with a captain asking for clarification,or how they can avoid giving away this kind of penalty.But the petulance of the questions"cmon,it goes both ways mate",and they question every penalty.Its time to get on with playing the game like men,and stop sooking like little weenies.

PB

Bench
The whole act is pointless.Have you ever seen a ref change his mind and change his decision???Itll never happen.Players are ruining their sides chances by ticking off the referee.You just cant win.

It bugs me to. Kennedy, Woolford, Kimmorley, Johns are someof the worst. tallis tries, but isnt as subtle.

But they are not trying to chaneg the ref's descion, merley a) slow down the play (as mentioned), or b) enbed a thought in the mind of the ref.

i.e Last week in the Parra v Newcastle game, Kennedy dropped a ball (i wa sitting two metres from it and it was clear), and two tackles later Parra scored. Buderus made a point of going to the ref and saying they are trying to strip the ball. The next time Kennedy took the ball up , he tried to get away an offload, and a penalty was given for stripping. Buderus wins, the weak minded ref, loses.

totaly agree with you.
the nrl said they were going to clamp down on it this season.

They were also going to clamp down on touching of the head of a tackled player, and that was clearly thrown out the window as was evidience in the Roosters v Penrith game.