What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you guys do to the media??

b&wdynamite

Juniors
Reading yesterdays Sunday Mail (QLD) I could have been mistaken to believe that St George lost on Saturday night to an invisible team in a training run. There was next to nothing written on the form of the raiders, their try scoring plays, their injuries, nothing. All it was about was how the saints were making under 8 errors and how browns head is (still) on the chopping block.

Aren't you guys angry about this? surely being undefeated you deserve a bit more media coverage (I had a quick look on the net and it looked as though the sydney papers weren't much better)

Anyone wanna put odds on Tigers v Raiders @ Campbelltown being the Friday Night Game of Round 11 - surely we both deserve it! :D

Raider Azz

Bench
Yeah it's a fact that most of us have gotten used to. We are consistantly picked against and when we win the game that no one expected us to, we "only beat St. George".

Tigers vs. Raiders being the Friday night game would be nice, but wouldn't happen in a million years. In 2003 we didn't get one single TV game until we won 8 games in a row.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Look at Melbourne. They are going just as well and they get nothing either. But Manly (SCUM) are doing well also and will get plenty of FTA because of that fat shit Vautin.

Paullyboy

Coach
It was possibly the worst Raiders write-up yet that the Sunday Mail in Brisbane dished out this weekend, but as was mentioned above, we've been used to it for the last few seasons.

No reporter in the league anywhere wishes to accept we even exist, if Canberra were to win the premiership the NRL would probably engrave

"(Losing teams name) lost the Grand Final"

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol:
too true Paullyboy

the media can choke on the raiders chunky peices as far as im concerned

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
greeneyed said:
We rely on Canberra media reports.

Those of you who live in the Canberra area. You guys get daily coverage on the local news during the season don't you? The best we get is about 30 seconds on Sports Tonight a couple of times a week if we are lucky and once a week on the normal news aside from highlights which don't always occur.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Anyone wanna put odds on Tigers v Raiders @ Campbelltown being the Friday Night Game of Round 11 - surely we both deserve it! :D

I'd put the odds of 4/1 on that they are the Friday night game, but 3/2 on that they are the Sunday afternoon game on channel 9.

But with games like Sterlo v Fatty - whoops, Parra v Manly, and chanel 9's love affair with showing Penrith (v Sharks) and Dogs (v Storm) play, wouldn't be surprised if they stupidly overlook the game altogether.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Oh, and their love affair with the Newcastle v Dragons could give the worst 2 teams in the competition a Friday night game too. :roll: :roll: :roll:

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Cheers thickos. I don't really need to go there, though, when all I need to do is come here and get all the articles that you and some of the other guys post :D

Options, Greeneyed? What would they be? (don't take this in a negative way please :) ) The best access to anything I've got is NRL deluxe through bigpond broadband. It is ok but I don't always want to have to watch all the non Raiders news. It is a bit like buying big league magazine - I pay $4 (or whatever it costs) to get about 95% articles about other teams. 95% is probably good considering the Raiders aren't a Sydney team. I'd love to live in Canberra and maybe that will be possible as soon as I have finished uni 8)

belindarae

Juniors
Raiders news is about the only thing that the Canberra Times is good for. Does tick me off though if the raiders are unlucky enough to clash with anything remotley to do with the brumbies. Thats when you lose coverage here.

greeneyed

First Grade
TiTTieS said:
Cheers thickos. I don't really need to go there, though, when all I need to do is come here and get all the articles that you and some of the other guys post :D

Options, Greeneyed? What would they be? (don't take this in a negative way please :) ) The best access to anything I've got is NRL deluxe through bigpond broadband. It is ok but I don't always want to have to watch all the non Raiders news. It is a bit like buying big league magazine - I pay $4 (or whatever it costs) to get about 95% articles about other teams. 95% is probably good considering the Raiders aren't a Sydney team. I'd love to live in Canberra and maybe that will be possible as soon as I have finished uni 8)

Moving to Canberra would be one option. There are others, but I can't repeat them here. :)

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Care to pm them to me, greeneyed?

I would love to live in Canberra - watching the games would be one of the best parts about it.

Kris_man

Bench
you need to make yourself more accessible, titties. for example, a fair few of us here talk to each other on MSN - you ever use it?