What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do the Gold Coast bring?

I'm not just talking this year, and its 12k, and they cant even sell that out lol
Must have imagined the clubs social media saying sold out then i guess.

But who cares about on field success when you can win the 3rd biggest population growth in Eastern Australia in the next 20 years premiership etc. Deep down that’s what the average fan cares about 🤪

Perth Red

Post Whore
Must have imagined the clubs social media saying sold out then i guess.

But who cares about on field success when you can win the 3rd biggest population growth in Eastern Australia in the next 20 years premiership etc. Deep down that’s what the average fan cares about 🤪
what it shows is that after 50 years sharks havent even got 11k full ticketed members. But yeh lets talk about why GC shouldn't be in the comp lol.

MKCS

Juniors
I've always thought that the Gold Coast had plenty of potential but of course they've never reached said potential which is unfortunate.

I think they need an NRL standard coach who has actually won a comp before or gone close, someone that players really want to play for and know they'll improve under. Mix that in with a big star player that can lead a team and get the community excited and once again that star player should be someone that most guys in the NRL want to play alongside. I feel like they haven't had one of these since Jarryd Hayne and he couldn't really deliver on the field.

I think they need more pick ups like Liu as well, guys who come from successful teams that have won comps and have plenty of big game experience. Unfortunately for the Titans they only really have Liu, Tino and Wallace who fit this criteria, next year they'll get Foran but he's 32 years old and probably only has another year or two left in the NRL.

Looking at the Dolphins they apparently want to sign Cameron Munster and they got Wayne Bennett also, those would've been two perfect signings for the Gold Coast Titans.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've always thought that the Gold Coast had plenty of potential but of course they've never reached said potential which is unfortunate.
There's quite a few clubs you could level that at! Warriors, Dragons, Bulldogs, Wests. to name a few!

GC keep going for potential rather than proven. A few old heads like Finucane, McGuire, Hunt etc would have helped them a lot. Spending massive overs on a forward like Fifita is just stupid for a club with no spine, and that's on them and their desperation.

Smug Panther

First Grade
There's quite a few clubs you could level that at! Warriors, Dragons, Bulldogs, Wests. to name a few!

GC keep going for potential rather than proven. A few old heads like Finucane, McGuire, Hunt etc would have helped them a lot. Spending massive overs on a forward like Fifita is just stupid for a club with no spine, and that's on them and their desperation.
Bulldogs hahaha f**k you're a dumb merkin

what it shows is that after 50 years sharks havent even got 11k full ticketed members. But yeh lets talk about why GC shouldn't be in the comp lol.
I've got no problems with the Gold Coast, i don't think any club should get the boot from the comp as you alienate the fanbase of that club. But who cares about them as you might pick up 20,000 new fans in 50 years time who can celebrate making the top 8 in ticketed members while running 15th in the comp.

MKCS

Juniors

Absolutely but at least the Bulldogs, Dragons and Tigers have won comps in the NRL era, the Warriors should be pretty dominant having an entire country to recruit from and get a fanbase from as well, they've still done better than the Titans though having made a grand final and lost...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Absolutely but at least the Bulldogs, Dragons and Tigers have won comps in the NRL era, the Warriors should be pretty dominant having an entire country to recruit from and get a fanbase from as well, they've still done better than the Titans though having made a grand final and lost...
for sure, its hard to argue anything but disappointment when it comes to Titans on field finishes. In 15 years they've finished in top 8 just 4 times. Then again in same period Wests and Warriors have only been in the 8 five times and Dragons six, though they did have that purple patch for a couple of years, so not much difference between them.

MugaB

Coach
Do the maths. It is exactly the same for Sydney teams. 5 million people. Nine teams.

They have also had a 40 year head start on the Titans yet some Sydney sides like Cronulla or Manly still don’t have significant fan bases. Have a look at the Roosters. 20 years of continual success in a league mad city yet they are still middle of the road (being generous) in terms of support.

In any case, attendances are pretty ordinary across the board and frankly embarrassing when compared to something like AwFuL
Middle of the road?? FMD probably the least supported team in the league, im talking showing up at the grounds.. not the fudged crowd figures or inflated season average from a huge dragon supported anzac day event

Colk

First Grade
Middle of the road?? FMD probably the least supported team in the league, im talking showing up at the grounds.. not the fudged crowd figures or inflated season average from a huge dragon supported anzac day event

To be fair MugaB I did say that I was being generous

Diesel

Coach
Titans on paper aren’t a bad team, obviously an attitude or culture thing.
Is Big Mal still involved or is it Gordie?

Colk

First Grade
Titans on paper aren’t a bad team, obviously an attitude or culture thing.
Is Big Mal still involved or is it Gordie?

I’m really surprised by how bad they have gone. They definitely need experience and some hard edge but they have got a decent enough side on paper (albeit a little too young judging by this year’s results)

Personally I just think they need to persist. They are like what my club the Raiders were about 10 years ago (we are probably going back to where we were to be frank). They just need to recruit some experienced players with some steel and players with good work ethic and mix them in with the young talented players they already have.

Diesel

Coach
@Colk i think you’re right, it’s an easy fix to sack the coach but much like the Warriors or Tigers, a change of coach doesn’t necessarily bring results. A decent medium to long term plan needs to be in place and stick to it

Latest posts