What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think we need to win a premiership??

Angry_eel

First Grade
Maybe it's the expectations of the fans which is the problem. Is it part jealousy, part fear and part dispirited attitude which causes Parra fans to create threads like this every time we lose a few games?

Don't get me wrong I didn't like losing the last 2 either but I'm sure it will be fine. We're getting somewhere for sure even if it's not this season.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Maybe it's the expectations of the fans which is the problem. Is it part jealousy, part fear and part dispirited attitude which causes Parra fans to create threads like this every time we lose a few games?

Don't get me wrong I didn't like losing the last 2 either but I'm sure it will be fine. We're getting somewhere for sure even if it's not this season.
Its part f**ken stupidity that started this thread.

That being said, I don't think fans of a team that hasn't won a premiership in 35 years are being unreasonable by expecting another one in their lifetime.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The obsession with blaming the coach is linked to the comforting idea that sacking one single person (with zero salary cap implications) can turn us from fringe top four contenders to odds-on premiership favourites.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think we really need ti get rid of the playing group, they are just not good enough.

Poor BA and his excellent much sought after coaching staff can only do so much.

84 Baby

Referee

Having not won for so long a big part of the fan problem is wanting a premiership today. We are gutted by losses and wins are a bit like fake heroin. We need a hit of the real shit to be satisfied

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Wow your definition of success is BAesque
He won multiple minor premierships and got his teams to multiple gf's. That proves that he had built the best team in the season although he didn't have any luck to win a gf.

And he also did it with different clubs and also fixed their junior systems. The guy should be held in the same regard as Bennet and Bellamy, but dropkicks like yourself assumed that he was unsuccessful just cause he never won a GF.

84 Baby

Referee
He won multiple minor premierships and got his teams to multiple gf's. That proves that he had built the best team in the season although he didn't have any luck to win a gf.

And he also did it with different clubs and also fixed their junior systems. The guy should be held in the same regard as Bennet and Bellamy, but dropkicks like yourself assumed that he was unsuccessful just cause he never won a GF.
images

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Why does no one mention Brian Smith again? The guy has the best footy iq, and is successful at every club he has coached.

the guy that was pushed out from his last 3 nrl gigs....knights, roosters, warriors...

Yep did great things with us, but that’s just a disaster waiting to happen.....his time has passed.....how about Anderson at least he won 2 comps...or even Monie...

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
the guy that was pushed out from his last 3 nrl gigs....knights, roosters, warriors...

Yep did great things with us, but that’s just a disaster waiting to happen.....his time has passed.....how about Anderson at least he won 2 comps...or even Monie...
Bennet was pushed out at the broncs aswell....doesn't mean shit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think we really need ti get rid of the playing group, they are just not good enough.
Here's your f**king loser mentality coming out again. You think it's all about getting rid of people; finding scapegoats and making examples of them to satisfy your sense of impotence.

We don't need to get rid of anyone, we just need to keep improving. Some players will drop out of the top 30 as new ones come in, but it's not about making them the scapegoats. It's a natural consequence of signing/developing better players. Your solutions are all "SACK WAQA!" "SACK BLAKE!" "SACK MOSES!" Endlessly looking for someone to take your frustrations out on. We just need to keep improving the squad, and it's a gradual thing. Penisini will come into the top 17 and Ferguson will leave, but we're not going to dump the blame on Fergo while he's still in the squad. His contract will expire and his place in the top 17 will be taken by somebody new. Moses might be a downhill skiier who makes poor decisions under pressure but sacking him will be throwing the baby out with the bath water because we need his kicking game. So instead we develop another half to provide what Moses can't. The next two best halves in our squad are only 21 and 19 this year, so they have plenty of improvement in front of them. Meanwhile what we don't do is make an example of someone to satisfy the vindictiveness of some dopey fans.