What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Game?

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
As far as my memory is concerned. The Dragons didn't play this week and were unable to gain any competition points.

Worst game in living memory erased from the record books. Start again on Monday with some needed changes.

I hate to agree with Dino but we need some speed. Watching Nightingale get run down as quick as he was is disheartening. Not saying he is the one to be dropped but it was sad that he was the one screaming up in support.

My initial team list for the coming weeks is as Follows -

1. Mann (would be Dugan but I am making this assuming he is injured)
2. Nightingale
3. Taane Milne (left Centre)
4. Aitken (Right)
5. Tom Carr

6. Widdop (c)
7. Marshall

8. Ah Mau
9. McCrone
10. Packer
11. Frizz
12. Thompson
13. DeBelin

Interchange
14. Cooper
15. Hivili
16. Matthews
17. Creagh

Changing out some of those backline plodders with some genuine pace and ability under the high ball (Carr) without changing the structures, a la, the halves.

Rein is dropped. not cause I am against him but because I believe McCrone is a smart hooker and can play half so we are covered for injuries with Hivili being on the bench and able to play middle and hooker.
Creagh and Matthews can rotate in the middle or cover out wide. and Cooper can rotate in the middle.

In this team I see creativity and strike out wide with a good engine room in the middle.

Thoughts?

V

Vasilevsky

As far as my memory is concerned. The Dragons didn't play this week and were unable to gain any competition points.

Worst game in living memory erased from the record books. Start again on Monday with some needed changes.

I hate to agree with Dino but we need some speed. Watching Nightingale get run down as quick as he was is disheartening. Not saying he is the one to be dropped but it was sad that he was the one screaming up in support.

My initial team list for the coming weeks is as Follows -

1. Mann (would be Dugan but I am making this assuming he is injured)
2. Nightingale
3. Taane Milne (left Centre)
4. Aitken (Right)
5. Tom Carr

6. Widdop (c)
7. Marshall

8. Ah Mau
9. McCrone
10. Packer
11. Frizz
12. Thompson
13. DeBelin

Interchange
14. Cooper
15. Hivili
16. Matthews
17. Creagh

Changing out some of those backline plodders with some genuine pace and ability under the high ball (Carr) without changing the structures, a la, the halves.

Rein is dropped. not cause I am against him but because I believe McCrone is a smart hooker and can play half so we are covered for injuries with Hivili being on the bench and able to play middle and hooker.
Creagh and Matthews can rotate in the middle or cover out wide. and Cooper can rotate in the middle.

In this team I see creativity and strike out wide with a good engine room in the middle.

Thoughts?

I think that's pretty good but Gaz was pretty adamant Carr needs to put on a few kilos before playing first grade. Don't want to put him in too soon only to see him get smashed.

Also putting McCrone in the halves and moving Widdop to fullback may be an idea. As (once again) witnessed today, Widdop is not a playmaker. Today even when he (as always) passed a few meters before the line, the passes were still around the head or knees.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Certainly wouldn't hurt. Especially trying McCrone at hooker.
Havili should be playing way more minutes though.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I think that's pretty good but Gaz was pretty adamant Carr needs to put on a few kilos before playing first grade. Don't want to put him in too soon only to see him get smashed.

Also putting McCrone in the halves and moving Widdop to fullback may be an idea. As (once again) witnessed today, Widdop is not a playmaker. Today even when he (as always) passed a few meters before the line, the passes were still around the head or knees.

Ahhk, I didn't know that about Tommy. Well then we can bide our time with him.

Although I usually like Widdop. There is one thing I have noticed about him. He rarely breaks a tackle, as soon as a hand is laid on him he is on the ground. Is it cause he is light? I just don't get it. When Benji gets through half a gap he very often breaks the line, Widdop doesn't do this. And for this reason, I don't think he would make a good fullback. All the best fullbacks are tackle breakers, which is why I am not sold on Kurt Mann. Being a silky ball runner might have made him and Widdop good fullbacks in the juniors, but not against men. Different story.

V

Vasilevsky

Ahhk, I didn't know that about Tommy. Well then we can bide our time with him.

Although I usually like Widdop. There is one thing I have noticed about him. He rarely breaks a tackle, as soon as a hand is laid on him he is on the ground. Is it cause he is light? I just don't get it. When Benji gets through half a gap he very often breaks the line, Widdop doesn't do this. And for this reason, I don't think he would make a good fullback. All the best fullbacks are tackle breakers, which is why I am not sold on Kurt Mann. Being a silky ball runner might have made him and Widdop good fullbacks in the juniors, but not against men. Different story.

I agree about Widdop but he would certainly be better than Mann. At least he won't make many mistakes.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Re Havili I agree Im buggered if I know why he was only brought on when the game was gone

100% agree. When the plan isn't working, a change is needed.

We didnt seem to play like we were behind and just kept trying to get in the grind. But that doesn't work against a team good at grinding.

But I don't know what you are talking about. We didn't play today. Hear the Cutters had a good win though.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
100% agree. When the plan isn't working, a change is needed.

We didnt seem to play like we were behind and just kept trying to get in the grind. But that doesn't work against a team good at grinding.

But I don't know what you are talking about. We didn't play today. Hear the Cutters had a good win though.

Yeah mate that's something positive for the weekend.

saintsbysix

Juniors
I'd go with this lineup

1. Mann (yes he was very poor today, but Dugan will most likely miss next week)
2. Matautia (best dragons player on the field today)
3. Lafai ( he is a right sided player so move him out there)
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop (had a game to forget, but we all know how good he can be)
7. Marshall
8. Ah mau
9. Havili
10. Packer
11. Friz
12. Thommo
13. Mathews (was good out there today)
14. Cooper (a shadow of the player he was last year)
15. JDB (very poor today but we must persist with him)
16. Mccrone (can cover halves and hooker)
17. Lui

Country Dragon

Juniors
I'd go with this lineup

4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
7. Marshall
8. Ah mau
9. Havili
10. Packer
11. Friz
12. Thommo
17. Lui
Not a bad team, although I'm still worried about McCrone!

V

Vasilevsky

I'd go with this lineup

4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
7. Marshall
8. Ah mau
9. Havili
10. Packer
11. Friz
12. Thommo
17. Lui

No, we don't. I've never seen him dominate a game.

V

Vasilevsky

2015 final against the Bulldogs.

He was ok in that game. Not close to Benji before he was forced off. He would have gotten a "good" mark if not for "that kick". As a matter of fact, we can't say "that kick" anymore because he does it every game!!