What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Eelementary

Post Whore
The defence is what stopped me playing madden. I've had close to the above sceniro happen time and time again.

You defend well then on the last play when they're miles away from first down they come up with some bullshit play.

You can handle it every now and again but when it happens continuously you get over it.

Yup.

If it happens once in a while, you get over it.

But it kept happening over and over again, and I just got sick of it.

And they weren't even passing plays - it was always the QB ripping out a 29 yard run on the fourth, with no defenders even coming close to him...

___

Juniors
Soul Hunters - it's an iOS game made by Lilith, same creators as Dot Arena. The game itself is almost a clone of Dot Arena too!

Iafeta

Referee
Not so much a "what am I playing now" (which is Titanfall 2 and believe it or not Mass Effect Andromeda - I know, FML), but I've seen Dark Souls III relatively cheap around... has anyone played it, how does it compare to say Skyrim, is it similar... different... recommended?

Big Pete

Referee
Not so much a "what am I playing now" (which is Titanfall 2 and believe it or not Mass Effect Andromeda - I know, FML), but I've seen Dark Souls III relatively cheap around... has anyone played it, how does it compare to say Skyrim, is it similar... different... recommended?

Dark Souls is a game that focuses heavily on it's combat. It challenges the player to be cautious, learn it's systems and master them to advance. The game also rewards exploration and experimentation so if you're struggling with a certain section of the game you may want to take an alternative path and see if there is some piece of gear you would like.

In comparison to Skyrim, Souls is a more action oriented series. The game revels in it's combat systems and some of the boss fights you encounter are likely to be the best you'll come across in gaming.

What console do you own Feka? If you've got a PS4, you may want to look into Bloodborne. It's made by the same developer and has similar gameplay but has differences that may interest you.

Iafeta

Referee
Cheers mate. No I'm on Xbox. I also very rarely do online gaming. So I guess that makes games like Destiny 2 kinda pointless. I'm about to start Elder Scrolls Oblivion on backwards compatibility. Got it cheap in an online sale. Loved Skyrim so why not.

simmo1

First Grade

Its not really like Skyrim, but is no less brilliant. They are both fantasy RPGs but thats about where the similarities end. As the poster above said, Dark Souls focuses heavily on combat, trial/error and exploration. Dark Souls storyline is nearly entirely implied rather than given to you in quests.

If what you liked about Skyrim is going round talking to NPCs and getting lost in side quests, then you won't find this in Dark Souls.

Last Week

Bench
Haven't played it for a few weeks now, but I think Injustice 2 is underrated. It's multiverse is fun and challenging. Like with all combat games, it can get repetitive, but good to sink a few hours into to build up your favorite characters.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
For anyone who is interested, preload for the CoD WW2 open beta is up on Steam. Just go to the store page for the game and you'll see it there. Beta goes live on the weekend

I think I've done myself a mischief

I bought Divinity original sin 2 on a whim

Total Warhammer 2 i bought a month ago just preloaded it

Shadow of war I've got a preorder on same with the fractured but whole

TheVelourFog

First Grade
got Rise of the Tomb Raider with the Humble Monthly so thought I better play through the first reboot

pretty damn good I must say

Vic Mackey

Referee
Got 'the stick of truth' for free when I pre ordered 'the fractured but whole' hadnt played it before, surprisingly addictive

Iafeta

Referee
Back into Skyrim. How addicted am I. ... well I was out getting lunch, one random looked like a bandit and another dude was albeit a much shorter and fatter ringer for a Giant. Great fun trying to take down a Giant, realising you are outmatched and running like hell to get away ... and not quite making it and he belts you to the high skies and back. Adrenaline plus.