What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Chris Sandow?

glory glory

Juniors
Dragged off with 10 to go but probably should have been pulled a lot earlier. Everyone has an off day but his normally brilliant kicking game was diabolical.
I wonder what the problem was and more importantly I hope he gets it right for next game.

rabs

Staff member
He's been a bit off his game the last four weeks imo. Still the man for the job just needs some better setup for his kicks.

Nemesis

Bench
Kimmorley didn't play any better than Sandow tbh. This game was always going to be won in the forwards due to the very wet and atrocious conditions... and our boppers just didn't dominate enough. Wet weather footy is always a bit of a lottery, so hopefully we'll meet on a dry track next time and have a much better contest.

African Monkey

First Grade
Yeah Kimmorley was atrocious. Our attack tonight seemed to run out of ideas when we were inside their 20. It felt like last year all over again at times not that I'm overly concerned atm. We'll be ok next week.

glory glory

Juniors
Kimmorley didn't play any better than Sandow tbh. This game was always going to be won in the forwards due to the very wet and atrocious conditions... and our boppers just didn't dominate enough. Wet weather footy is always a bit of a lottery, so hopefully we'll meet on a dry track next time and have a much better contest.

I thought our pack matched them. Luke Stuart surpassed his usual high standard. I thought Isac Luke or Wingy might have snuck us a win in the dying moments but wasn't to be.
I hope Wing gets more game time against the eagles.

Nemesis

Bench
I thought our pack matched them. Luke Stuart surpassed his usual high standard. I thought Isac Luke or Wingy might have snuck us a win in the dying moments but wasn't to be.
If we had started with Ed Pettybourne (which we need to imo) and had the weather been fine, I think we would have won this game. Our style of play with the way we use Wingy, Luke and Sandow isn't particularly suited to wet weather footy... we simply didn't adapt very well to the conditions, made too many errors and our attack looked a bit disjointed at times.

We'll be fine against the Eagles next week though.

African Monkey

First Grade
If we had started with Ed Pettybourne (which we need to imo) and had the weather been fine, I think we would have won this game. Our style of play with the way we use Wingy, Luke and Sandow isn't particularly suited to wet weather footy... we simply didn't adapt very well to the conditions, made too many errors and our attack looked a bit disjointed at times.

We'll be fine against the Eagles next week though.
I don't know if starting Pettybourne would have won us the game but yeah if the weather was fine then I felt that we would have won easily.

Nickmm

Juniors

I agree, id like to see Wingy and Issac get more game time together.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Agree - kicked out of the game. Lots of pressure was exerted on Sandow.

Ennis was very good, as well, and that is what got their forwards going forward and top them on top.

In contrast it wasn't Luke's best night.

It was a close one, though, and there's no reason for Bunnies fans to top themselves. The Dogs are a good side this year.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Kimmorley didn't play any better than Sandow tbh.

You are kidding aren't you? Kimmorley did what he had to do. Brilliant kicking game all night. I wish Sandow had of taken a leaf out of his book. Towards the end we had an overlap out wide and what does Sandow do? Kicks the ball into the legs of a Bulldogs player. He is to kick happy. When will he learn to pass the ball? This was why he was hooked with 10 to go.

African Monkey

First Grade
You are kidding aren't you? Kimmorley did what he had to do. Brilliant kicking game all night. I wish Sandow had of taken a leaf out of his book. Towards the end we had an overlap out wide and what does Sandow do? Kicks the ball into the legs of a Bulldogs player. He is to kick happy. When will he learn to pass the ball? This was why he was hooked with 10 to go.
Kimmorley was very average apart from 1 kick which forced a repeat set. He also blew a try towards the end of the game.

hindyrabbit

Juniors
we we're very average wrong options all the time not enough players in motion decoys and such was easy for the dogs to defend against. typical of souths play good for all of ten minutes and still almost win. when they can keep the consistency up i.e round 1 then they can compete with the top sides. i blieve manly will win next week if we can't do something new with the ball

Nemesis

Bench
we we're very average wrong options all the time not enough players in motion decoys and such was easy for the dogs to defend against. typical of souths play good for all of ten minutes and still almost win. when they can keep the consistency up i.e round 1 then they can compete with the top sides. i blieve manly will win next week if we can't do something new with the ball
Lol...no need to reach for the razor blades yet. Although conditions weren't suited to it, we tried to play our usual expansive game, spinning the ball out wide at every opportunity when we should have been taking it straight up the middle. Our expansive game probably would have worked with our elusive speedsters on a dry track, but not last night. However, we will beat Manly next week if they play like they did against the Tigers.

Earl Hickey

Juniors
I know I will get howled down for this but maybe JT should consider starting Wing at halfback and moving Sandow to the bench.When Isaac comes off, Sandow can come on and slot in at halfback and Wing can move to hooker.

coach

We need to rremeber he is young and still very inexperienced. While he is learning he will have games like he did last night.

African Monkey

First Grade
I wouldn't panic just yet. We didn't adapt to the bad weather which was our downfall in the end yet we only lost by 2 points. I do expect us to bounce back and beat Manly this week.