What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Clune?

slippery5

Juniors
Yep - because when you've got nine forwards in your team who let the opposition roll 50 metres a set, give away numerous six-agains and then miss countless tackles, it's the blokes that are 80Kgs soaking wet whose defence is the problem.

Having said that, Dufty did indeed have a shocker on Monday.
Yep - because when you've got nine forwards in your team who let the opposition roll 50 metres a set, give away numerous six-agains and then miss countless tackles, it's the blokes that are 80Kgs soaking wet whose defence is the problem.

No, but we've got to start somewhere & someone who gets squatted off like a fly & the other who won't even attempt a tackle at times, is a good place to start.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
No, but we've got to start somewhere & someone who gets squatted off like a fly & the other who won't even attempt a tackle at times, is a good place to start.
I respectfully disagree. I do agree with starting somewhere but until the middle is strengthened - and I'll confess I don't know how to do that in the circumstances - we are shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

And more concerning is we have these boom youngsters - many of whom have been darlings of this forum at one time or another - who are going to struggle to live up to their potential behind this pack. Then we end up proclaiming that Ramsey's not up to it or that Sullivan couldn't make the leap or that Sloan's just no good.

I appreciate this is all hypothetical but I just don't want to see yet another generation of players lost to Dragons Footy (TM).

j0nesy

Bench

Brilliantly put, spot on the mark

possm

Coach
I respectfully disagree. I do agree with starting somewhere but until the middle is strengthened - and I'll confess I don't know how to do that in the circumstances - we are shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

And more concerning is we have these boom youngsters - many of whom have been darlings of this forum at one time or another - who are going to struggle to live up to their potential behind this pack. Then we end up proclaiming that Ramsey's not up to it or that Sullivan couldn't make the leap or that Sloan's just no good.

I appreciate this is all hypothetical but I just don't want to see yet another generation of players lost to Dragons Footy (TM).
McCullough has been doing his job in defence, 60 odd tackles last game.

So who is not doing their Job? Lets's just replace them.

blacksafake

First Grade

There's them dreaded words again.
Dragons Footy:rolleyes::(

getsmarty

Immortal
24-hour warning: i98FM Illawarra Convoy Round v Raiders

TEAM LISTS
Updated

Presented By TripADeal

24-hour warning: i98FM Illawarra Convoy Round v Raiders​

Author Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au Timestamp Fri 18 Jun 2021, 05:31 PM

Share on social media​

St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has amended his squad ahead of the Dragons' i98FM Illawarra Convoy Round clash against the Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday, June 19 (5:30pm).
Zac Lomax (thumb) will remain on the shelf for another week after being excluded from Tuesday's 21-man squad. Talatau Amone is the other odd man out - Adam Clune replaces him on the interchange.
The Dragons will raise much needed funds for families in need as part of the club's fundraising efforts for the i98FM Illawarra Convoy and Illawarra Community Foundation.
$3 from every ticket sold will be donated to the i98FM Illawarra Convoy, the largest truck convoy in the southern hemisphere, and one of the largest regional one-day fundraising events in Australia.
The Score Dragons will excitingly act as a curtain-raiser to the NRL as they take on Score Raiders from 4:45pm. The Knock On Effect Cup Dragons will precede them at 3:05pm.
The Dragons, alongside the NRL, will also take part in Beanies for Brain Cancer Round this weekend. You can buy a beanie here.

Updated squad for Round 15 v Canberra Raiders –​

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Cody Ramsey– sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Brayden Wiliame– sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Jack Bird – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
13. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
Interchange:
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Jack de Belin – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Adam Clune – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
19. Poasa Faamausili
20. Tyrell Sloan

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/06/15/nrl-team-announcement-round-15-v-raiders/

slippery5

Juniors

I sought of agree & can see where you are coming from but the forwards are getting rolled back from lack of line speed we had earlier in the year. The forwards don't miss too many one on one tackles but lack of mobility (ie. Lawrie) to cover the inside or get to his feet before the play the ball, is the major factor we continually give the opposition so many 6 agains.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
I sought of agree & can see where you are coming from but the forwards are getting rolled back from lack of line speed we had earlier in the year. The forwards don't miss too many one on one tackles but lack of mobility (ie. Lawrie) to cover the inside or get to his feet before the play the ball, is the major factor we continually give the opposition so many 6 agains.
Yes I can see that too.

I'll admit I was never a fan of Lawrie - found him a bit of a plodder - but I was thrilled to be proven wrong earlier this year.

Since then though he has really struggled (along with plenty of others). I don't know whether he's carrying a niggle but if so, I'd rather he was rested than shoot his confidence to bits by playing and getting outplayed.

getsmarty

Immortal
Yes I can see that too.

I'll admit I was never a fan of Lawrie - found him a bit of a plodder - but I was thrilled to be proven wrong earlier this year.

Since then though he has really struggled (along with plenty of others). I don't know whether he's carrying a niggle but if so, I'd rather he was rested than shoot his confidence to bits by playing and getting outplayed.

Lawrie always puts in the effort.

Dragon David

First Grade