What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Happened to the Gold Coast Titans Fan Forum?

Helmet Man

Juniors
I know a couple of posters here post on the Titans forum. Does anyone know what happened to the site? Is the site shutting down? I don't always post there, i mainly lurk around but i've made a couple of good friends on the forum and it would be a real shame to lose mates.

Last edited:

Toads

Juniors
It sure does have some of us wondering what's going to happen next. With this long drawn out Trainwreck of Searle's.

mdrew

Juniors
unfortunately it would surprise me if the club shut it down, things are going downhill at the Titans starting with the performance of the first grade side all the way through to junior development

Toads

Juniors
Yeah mdrew. It's as if they can't get anything right, in any area of the Club. Many of us have tried to spell it out for them, from a supporters perspective. But no one is listening. Well, not since David May thru in the towel..

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Wow it'd be a huge, huge, huge shame to lose that forum & community. It's been running since 06 or something and has a shitload of good posts on it.

Really hope it can be salvaged somehow, even if it's just to import it here...

Last edited:

Helmet Man

Juniors
Funny how the club couldn't accept criticism about Carty and boom they shut down the whole website. Injustice to the fans. Looks like they don't care about the fans.

Coaster

Bench
I wonder if the NRL know the extent the Titans go to to actually lose fans so they can continue the charade?

Coach has a winning ratio of 38% since 2010 and he still escapes criticism. And any mention of him going has his daughter (employed by the club) attacking fans on twitter.

The culture of the club is a direct result of the dictator running the club, Searle.

Titanic

First Grade
Thanks Tam ... we are all just waiting for the new URL ... meanwhile, nice to see some of the forum guys over here in neutral land :)

I think the new URL should be "The Officially Unofficial Real Fans Forum of the Gold Coast Titans" or "f**k the Family"

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Good job, should get the sack Searle/Cartwright bandwagon in full swing.

Sing it from the rooftops, post it on Facebook and Twitter.

Garbler

Juniors
David May resigning escaped me & I just read Searle is still the largest shareholder in the Titans?

I knew Searle stepped down as CEO last year, but he's continued significant involvement with the club really disturbs me.

Pretty sure most people like myself in the GC community see him as the guy who lied, stole & almost lost our footy club.

I like Cartwright, I think coaches, like refs, are given too much grief - but Searle I have no time for. I once thought he was a visionary. Now I seem him as a parasite. A dangerous, insidious parasite.

Shandor

Juniors
Penrith closed off any official forum last year and some very willing volunteers have helped keep an unofficial forum running. All club's hate criticism and the Titans are just the same.
They'd prefer your money not your comments.
As for John Cartwright - a real nice bloke and the Titans have bought some great players but unless the coach changes I can't see the Titans winning a premiership. Sorry Carty.

Latest posts