What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Happened

Raudonikis

Juniors
All the dragons did was show eveyone the rorters dont have what it really takes,cos seriously for saints to beat anyone other than souths wouldnt be fair dinkum,or realistick.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
I think we'll just pipe the bye and take some more momentum into the Parra game :)

redreg

Juniors
Ben Creagh played the best game I've seen him play in some time. Soward and Hornby also found a lot of confidence. Aren't you guys glad to not see Rangi Chase.

But as we've seen in the past, Dragons are hot and cold. Don't expect them to come out like they did today against the Eels.

aushellzy

Juniors
What a game tonight. I felt so proud to see the Dragons play with so much passion.
It was the little things that won us the games!
To top off a great afternoon, I went to dinner with my boyfriend in Leichhardt and Gasnier was there with his family having a bite to eat in the same restaraunt!!!
Bring on the Eels in 2 rounds!
This has to be the turn around....

I hope:pray:

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Ben Creagh played the best game I've seen him play in some time. Soward and Hornby also found a lot of confidence. Aren't you guys glad to not see Rangi Chase.

But as we've seen in the past, Dragons are hot and cold. Don't expect them to come out like they did today against the Eels.

soward played just as good as he has all year - halves were never the issue.

Just think the team played a helluva lot better than they have.

Forwards running to the ball outwide. Reynoldson didnt break the line much but helpt build momentum.

Chase should still be in the 17 - at least at bench hooker. Him and soward probably have the highest amount of try assists this season.

All they need is confidence and for the pathetic coach to actually back them like he said they would. 'No balls' browny. It was a cop out

Ryles/ Gasnier finally led today. Normally the look arrogant and place blame on their younger players instead of leading them.

saints were brilliant today.

why they cant play with such passion every week is why nathan brown lost his job.

the forwards were brilliant. ran straight and hard and dominated the roosters pack.

not sure hornby should be 7, morris at fullback is good for at least a mistake a game

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Credit where credit is due. They played fantastic today and really showed some guts and ticker.

Whilst I'm hesitant to get carried away, I'll enjoy today's win greatly and work out how I want to feel in a week or so when we are required to play again.

Alehana

Juniors
Awesome game, go to reds!!!!! didn't think we could win against the roosters (they have one of the best teams on paper) but our forward pack got their hands dirty and backs finished off heaps well, hope this is the game that turns the season around.

Funniest moment of the match, when omealy got nailed by 4 forewards, then got up and had a biff with hornby, like he was complaining about being hit haha.

Syren

Juniors
What a game tonight. I felt so proud to see the Dragons play with so much passion.
It was the little things that won us the games!
To top off a great afternoon, I went to dinner with my boyfriend in Leichhardt and Gasnier was there with his family having a bite to eat in the same restaraunt!!!
Bring on the Eels in 2 rounds!
This has to be the turn around....

I hope:pray:

Pray harder mate, I'm with u!

Funniest moment of the match, when omealy got nailed by 4 forewards, then got up and had a biff with hornby, like he was complaining about being hit haha.

Funny how 1 win can enstill some positives for the fans...
They should have played Accidently in Love whilst Hornby was growing some..

We nullified Mason and O'Meley, great stuff fella's.

The main reason why we won was due to the Ref..

I've been watching closely how the ref has a massive influence on how our guys play..

If it's a ref who is very whistle happy we get frustrated and cannot come out of the rutt but when we get a ref like Hamstead who lets the little things go and keeps the game rolling our guys often step up and don't get flustered and actually play there game..

Brown lacks Mental development and once our guys get into a negative mindset the entire game goes out the door. No penalties went against us wrongfully so we didn't get into a wrong mindset.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The main reason why we won was due to the Ref..

I've been watching closely how the ref has a massive influence on how our guys play..

If it's a ref who is very whistle happy we get frustrated and cannot come out of the rutt but when we get a ref like Hamstead who lets the little things go and keeps the game rolling our guys often step up and don't get flustered and actually play there game
Can't agree with this. Good teams beat bad refs.

Btw, Hampstead is as inept as any other ref in the competition. He is prone to being whistle happy depending in his mood. His indecision at key moments is legendary. I notice the commentators were picking up it yesterday, but it has been part of Hampstead's style for some years now.

grandorient

Bench
To Sir Lancelot,

Your right my friend, I have never liked kicking a man when he's down, now I'm kicking him when he's on top.
But somehow I see other coaching type influences here. Not sure who, but how can anyone explain the reversal of form. It was the boys on the paddock who did the job, but something must have happened behind the scenes.

GrandOrient