What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happens if Katich makes runs ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hayden will come back into the team as an automatic selection.

If Katich make runs, and even couple of bonus wickets perhaps, should he stay in the team, or will he become another Jimmy Maher and be used as a sub.

Surely then the pressure should be felt by Martyn (and even Bevan), that they will be playing for their spots on Thursday.

knights04

Bench
There's nothing wrong with Hayden in ODI's let me assure you of that. I think we will see Katich late January as a replacement. I think while Bevan's avge is over the 50's he will remain. If it drops dramitically and there's consistent low scores then the unthinkable may happen. No Bevan :shock: :lol:

Doctor

Bench
Katich could make anything up to a century and still be dropped.

Considering Michael Clarke produced some exceptional performances early last season and still found himself dropped, Katich has got to perform and hope for more injuries or form slumps.

The pecking order has Lehmann right up there according to the selectors and Ponting - he need only make runs.

Love made a century in his last test (albeit against Bangladesh) and still hasn't found his way back in - he has made a first class triple century since.

aqua_duck

Coach
Katich was doing very well for NSW in ING cup earlier in the season opening the batting, scored 2 centuries and I'm glad he's been given the opportunity.