What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What has Changed ????

super_coach

First Grade
What has changed in the past three years ???What teams beat us every year and what teams do we beat and what has been done by Shines and Sizzler to turn things around??

This year look at the teams that have beaten us The Dogs,Penrith,Bronks,Raiders,Chooks and Parra. Except for maybe the raiders ,at full strength or near full strength they have big packs of forwards who just trample our mob.

Now this has been evident for years but what have we done nothing. Okay we had no chance yesterday with our injury toll,but nothing would have changed even at full strength. We are still too small and brittle to beat the likes of manly,parra and any other team who turn up with a big mean pack. Even teams like souths will beat our mob if they are in half decent form.

Most teams go with two props on the bench, yesterday we went into a game without any props,madness. My big beef is what have we done to fix the problem --nothing coach Shines keeps putting his head in the sand and while that happens the Eels Manly chooks Dogs and the likes we keep smashing us.

Excuses like injuries and refs are starting to sh.t me, they are a long way away from the good sides of this comp and it comes down to the make up of the team as much as anything

Anyway if you expect changes this year and next your dreaming--The second round slide slide has started

Last edited:
Yep .. his stubborness will cost us again
Can see this train wreck coming a mile off and the shines apologists creeping out of the woodwork to justify why we haven't made the finals again
Yesterday was massive given we have an injury plagued broncos coming up then a price and tate less warriors and a bye
Was a massive chance and we blew it
Again

rupertpupkin

Juniors
Coach 1: "You're looking at Coach of the year, guys. I am massive."
Coach 2: "I'm the mastercoach. I made the finals 6 years running."
Coach 3: "Sorry, but I took teams to 3 grand finals."
Coach 4: "So what? I got 2 Premierships back to back, and won 3 in total. I'm the Man."
Trainer: "Deluded fools. There is but one Supercoach. This guy has won Premierships, and now considers them passe, as a measure of a Coach's ability."
Coach 1: "What do you mean? What makes him better than us?"
Trainer: "He has constructed a team entirely of 2nd rowers, and 3/4's. No props."
Coach 2: "Oh bulls***. You can't win matches without props."
Trainer: "He gives most decent props the flick, and won't select anyone left over."
Coach 3: "What about Halfback? No way a team can play without a #7."
Trainer: "He uses a halfback, sometimes. It depends. But left to his own device, a 2nd rower or centre gets the gig. Or he makes the starting 5/8 or Hooker do it."
Coach 4: "That sounds like nonsense. How does that make him Supercoach? All that does is ensure the wooden spoon."
Trainer: "Ah yes, but this guy is so brilliant, that he can do this, and yet keep the team around the middle of the table, every season."
Coach 1: "Sheer genius."
Coach 2: "Yep."
Coach 3: "Agreed. Only a true Supercoach could manage such an impossible task."
Caoch 4: "Who is this innovator, this Da Vinci of Coaching...........?"

Last edited:

tiger_nick

Bench
i as thinking last night, what other club would accept this mediocore crap year in year out?

the roosters have one bad year, they go and buy anasta and myles and sack their coach. they have another lean year and they buy mason and omealey. all rep players

the dogs have had one lean year and they sack their coach. identify their problems and go and buy a rep halfback, an origin prop, one of the best young centers in the game and a quality hooker.

Parramatta win the minor premiership, but sick of constantly choking at the last hurdle, sack their coach.

North queensland run third, but want to go a step further. they sack their coach.

Penrith know they have problems up front. they cut their dead wood and go and buy Civonaceva. They go from last to sixth halfway through the competition.

Newcastle have one year not making the finals, they have a player clean out.

Manly despite their success are still one of the biggest players in recruitment every year.

Cronulla reguarly hovering around the eight sack their coach and buy two Australia reps.

Even St.George. the pin up boys for under achieving have taken initiative and gone and got the games best coach.

What do we do? Recurit the same quality SH*T players every year and reward our coaching staff who have had 14 weeks of success in 5 and a half years with a new 2 year contract!!!!!!!

Not one other club would accept what we dish out every year without making drastic changes.

aids

Bench
What do you expect when the club is half wests
They were happy to get within 50 and win 5 games a year for the last 30 yrs

I'll be devastated if we ever play out of Parra stadium and add a "Sydney" to our name.
that would be a disgrace.
might as well add some purple to the jersey now.

Wests have been a basket case for a generation
Moves, relocations, winding up order etc etc etc
YOu have no fans and everyone knows the strength in support and marketing comes from the balmain side
Noyce and Hammond would be overjoyed with 9th and winning 40% of games. It's about 4 places and 20% ahead of what wests have done for a generation

Spank

Juniors
I dont know why i bother posting this due to all the crap im sure im aobut to get but i dont particularly care......

MOTH dont give me that bullsh*t thats its Wests fault ! Balmain are no better even though you clearly have the opinion their sh*t dont stink and Balmain would of died years ago if it werent for Wests. Im sick of you thinking your some kind of high power above Wests fans, its a joke. We are the Wests Tigers, we in this together !

Makes me wonder if you guys are realy supporters at all, you never seem to do any supporting just laying the boot in.

By the way, one loss which was totally expected without any front rowers and you guys have a f**kin heart attack... we aint gonna win every game this year and although your hitting the panic buttons we only 2 wins out of first place !

Lets support the boys and give them every chance of havign a great season aye, go the Tigers !!

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Makes me wonder if you guys are realy supporters at all, you never seem to do any supporting just laying the boot in.

Mate, thats a f**king load of crap. I shelved out $350 for a season ticket this year. Does whinging about our incompetence then make me not a supporter? FFS.

We are dishing out the same crap we've dished out over the previous two years. The same mistakes, the same poor recruitment, the same clowns keeping their jobs. Why should we not have a f**king whinge? Because we won a comp three years ago?

Some are happy accepting mediocrity, others aren't. We are currently a basket case and have only gone backwards since 05. Yet as a reward our coaching staff get rewarded with a new three year contract.

aids

Bench
taking on a heavy team like parra, with full of medium sized players was always goign to be a gamble.
the real mistake was not playing any young props against the cowboys 2 weeks ago to see how they would go.

now we've got to test some young props up in brisbane and hope it pays off.

Yep and the bloke that makes that call, and who made numerous selection f**k ups in 06 and 07 was rewarded with a new 3 yr deal from the wests clown noyce

Wests have been a basket case for a generation
Moves, relocations, winding up order etc etc etc
YOu have no fans and everyone knows the strength in support and marketing comes from the balmain side
Noyce and Hammond would be overjoyed with 9th and winning 40% of games. It's about 4 places and 20% ahead of what wests have done for a generation

I dunno, how many times did Balmain make the semis in the 1990's?

Face it
Wests are a mediocrity and as such, wests fools like Noyce and his mate Ronald accept the status quo of mediocrity. Shines should have been punted after last year's farce, but Noyce is a lily livered wests lackey who's too soft to make the big decisions, hence his abdication

Sheens has made the same f**k ups this year as he did last year and still key areas haven't been addressed .. his reward for all of this is a shiny new contract that the ink has yet to dry on

How many grand finals did wests make since 1963 ?

I'll answer it for you then shall I?

Once.

Balmain made the semis once in the 1990's.

So, it seems that you were more au fait with not making the semis than we were in the decade prior to the merger happening.

Fair dinkum, do you have another gear besides "stupid" ?

Spank

Juniors
Hybrid Tiger - congrats on ya season tickets mate. I buy season ticket every year as well no matter what as well but i dont whinge cause i have a 'right' too. I aint no super coach, i dont know what goes on at the tigers in the locker room or at the club and i dont profess to know. Nobody on this forum knows the truth cause none of us are involved... but we all have an opinion and thats fair enough.

Maybe i have a different take on loyalty to your club to everyone else and im the odd one hahaha, but win loose or draw i support our boys and i dont stick the boot in !! Am i happy with some of the decisons made in our recruitment or interchages in a game ?? No i question some of it myself but i dont whinge about it i try and focus on the positive, something im sure once upon a time you all did too.

Im not doubting you spend ya money and love the team thats great stuff, im just saying week in week out there is whinging about something wether we won or lost that weekend. Maybe its just a forum thing i dont know. It frustrates me though.

Im not even gonna bother responding to the dribble moth has written here hahaha he is the poster boy for keyboard warriors around the world hahah

Last edited:
Tell me how many times wests made the GF between 63 and 99
Then tell me how many times Balmain did
Then tell me how many GF qualifiers you made in the 1980s in between visits to the High Court and SIngo's office cap in hand
The tolerance of this mediocre bullsh*t from a side that should be top 4 reeks of wests mismanagement and tolerance of sh*t

Face it
Wests are a mediocrity and as such, wests fools like Noyce and his mate Ronald accept the status quo of mediocrity. Shines should have been punted after last year's farce, but Noyce is a lily livered wests lackey who's too soft to make the big decisions, hence his abdication

Sheens has made the same f**k ups this year as he did last year and still key areas haven't been addressed .. his reward for all of this is a shiny new contract that the ink has yet to dry on

One week ago, your mob were on the edge of extinction.

Wests weren't.

Tell me how many times wests made the GF between 63 and 99
Then tell me how many times Balmain did
Then tell me how many GF qualifiers you made in the 1980s in between visits to the High Court and SIngo's office cap in hand
The tolerance of this mediocre bullsh*t from a side that should be top 4 reeks of wests mismanagement and tolerance of sh*t

You made a comment that Wests fans had accepted mediocrity for a generation.

I showed you that Balmain had been more medicore than Wests in the 1990's, proving that you're talking through your arse.

Again.

It's all you do.

You're a f**king dickhead.