What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What has happened to castleford and London

Bib

Juniors
Why have these teams fallen apart, i know Orr left castleford, but jezz these two teams have fallen in a hole.

WHY?

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Well, it always looked like London were going to struggle this year. They've signed a lot of young English lads and also have to face the top 6 an extra time.

Castleford weren't expected to do much this year with the squad looking a fair bit weaker than last year's. But I don't think anyone expected them to be in the position they are now. They have some very good players but they're just plain woeful at times. Hightown Tiger would be the best bet to answer why.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Regarding Castleford, it's a long answer.

Firstly, we wouldn't be in the position we are in today if we had capitalised on 1999. Easier said than done, but that season we reached the semi-finals of both competitions, and won club of the year. We bought just three players, and I think this was a major downfall.

Moving on to this season, the management have bought in the wrong players. Greenhill has been an unsettling influence (he is often seen around town with a few younger players drinking in clubs. There is nothing wrong with this, but when your team is bottom of the league it's upsetting to hear). Rudder was touted as a player he isn't, someone who can replace Danny Orr. Rudder was a solid utility/backrower, not a standoff.

The good thing is we still have good crowds, and this has enabled us to buy in a few players. We are also on course to make a profit this year. We face a massive game this Sunday against Huddersfield, and we have 10 games and 20 points to play for.
By my calculations, we need just 6 points, which is difficult for a team who haven't won at home in the league since September last year. But it isn't unreachable. Hopefully the players can pull together, and save our (IMO great) club.

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Cas have hammered Widnes this weekend to come a step closer to getting off the foot of the table...only for London to have just beat Wigan 22-20 this afternoon :shock:

I'd be getting worried if I was a Widnes fan. It's gonna be a huge game with London next week!

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, Widnes is looking in some strife form-wise. If London and Cas can continue this form, then... ???

GB Lion

Juniors
Widnes have the players to get them out of their current situation in my opinion.

TBH i think cas will go down, not because they aint good enough to stay up i just think London will edge 11th place in front of them.

Cant believe We lost to london yesterday :x :evil: . Injuries have forced us to play 2 18yr old rookie props but really on form we should have won. And if things couldnt get any worse rumours around wigan are saying Carney has hamstrings problems and Kevin Brown has to have a scan on his not so recently healed broken leg :cry: :cry:

Latest posts