What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What has happened to Wesser?

JetRider

Juniors
Thanks Seano,
I agree regarding Capewell, he has been playing well and I look forward to seeing how JT plays him when Wesser is fit.

Dave Q

Coach
One of the reasons we signed Wesser was for his experience and willingness to impart his enormous knowledge to our young backs.

That process has no doubt accelerated.

Of course, in his own right, Wesser has been leading by example and that helps.

I welcomed Rhys to Souths recently, he thanked me.

He was smiling and looked pretty happy.

He wears the red and green.

Last edited:

Bodsy

Juniors
Capewell is more than a replacement. He played well last week, very dangerous running the football.

Capewell is actually playing that good that I can even see Wesser may head to England before seasons end. I think Capewell is a now player not a next year player and beyond. He is being more than competitive in a position that isn't even his best.

glory glory

Juniors
Capewell gave me heart attacks last year. I think it was just his confidence but he couldn't catch the ball and looked out of his depth but credit to him and JT for persevering as he looks a real first grader this year.
I admit my heart sank when I saw his name to replace Wesser 2 weeks ago but apart from the first tackle he missed down the sideline he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Fibroman

First Grade
He can be found at the Westmead Tavern opposite the railway station in that little shopping centres.

Bunnies 08

Juniors
Capewell gave me heart attacks last year. I think it was just his confidence but he couldn't catch the ball and looked out of his depth but credit to him and JT for persevering as he looks a real first grader this year.
I admit my heart sank when I saw his name to replace Wesser 2 weeks ago but apart from the first tackle he missed down the sideline he hasn't put a foot wrong.

I agree when i saw him run out at Bluetongue I was going ballistic..YES credit when credit is due he has put in much better performances then last year...BUT Is malcolm webster not a possibility? He is a actual fullback and noted to be having a fine season!!! Sandow was found in the NYC why not give the kid a go while WESSER is out?

t1tan

Juniors
One of the reasons we signed Wesser was for his experience and willingness to impart his enormous knowledge to our young backs.

That process has no doubt accelerated.

Of course, in his own right, Wesser has been leading by example and that helps.

I welcomed Rhys to Souths recently, he thanked me.

He was smiling and looked pretty happy.

He wears the red and green.

Dave,Wesser is always smiling,regardless of his clothing.

Recall a rather hazy conversation with him at Panthers the year before he took the fullback spot from peter jorgenson,and rhys was all smiles back then.

BPS

Juniors
Malcolm Webster is 7 stone ringin wet. He'd get annihilated in 1st grade. Plus, he is obviously not ready just yet.

Nitrobuggies

Juniors
Malcom Webster is a talented player. Reminds me some what of when Nathan Merrit and Craig Wing were in the lower grades. Both of those players were small and light with not much muscle on them. But they have grown into excellent players who have packed on some muscle.

I believe they may let Malcom develop as a player kind of like they did with Chris Sandow. Slowly let him develop in the NYC and work on his fitness and help him bulk on some muscle and strenght. He certainly has the ability to play, and has one aswesome step on him that would run rings around top notch players.

Was a fan of Capewell last year too. Could see he had potentiol but just lacked the confidence. Look at what some confidence has down to Jamie Soward...