What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have we learnt in 2005?

Edwahu

Bench
depending on injuries I reckon Tilse could take the Adamson role. It will probably depend on whether they want to use Miller as a backrower next year.

whatwhat

Juniors
I think Thommo has been a revalation this year in the front row. Always takes the ball forward and plays with plenty of passion. Miller since he has gotten a go has been tremendous also.

thickos

First Grade
Thommo's improvement in his game has been great, he used to be the king of the dropped ball but that's been fixed, he rarely misses a tackle and he makes good metres on a consistent basis.

Go Thommo!

dubby

Bench
I think this year we have learned which players actually want to play in the lime green jumper. I get excited when I think about the influence of Miller, Chalk, Tongue have had this year. Like someone said, add them to Shif and Toots and we have some dead set passion there which IMHO has been lacking since 03, and since Lozza pulled on the #06. Adamson has been a godsend, i'd love to see one more year from Matt, J SMith has also been a revelation and his influence on the likes of Campo and Todd are going to be fruitful. Next year add some big young boppers who are going to be future stars (hopefully) and 07 is looking mighty exciting to me.

In the downside, this year has shown that we need some halves, and quick. Look what Joey does for a PL Newcastle team! From the improvement in Carney I think we should be alright.

Raiders_mat

Juniors
With a few players going elsewhere we will free up some money to secure alot of the PL players witch will be a nice roster next year, Plenty off fight for a top grade spot should be interesting, but from this year the onlything that I have learned is that we need our players to stay healthy and wewould of been a force. Look at it this way with all the players out, injured or suspended, mainly Rhino, Horse and Germ plus others, if we had a run like the Broncos we would be top 4 easily, but it's still alot better than most perdicted...

But sill there with hope, come on you RAIDERS

Kris_man

Bench
woodgers said:
I agree with most of what you have said Thickos, besides this. These ones go hand in hand, Phil has only really looked decent when he is getting those balls from Carney and Smith, he certainly doesn't create his own opportunities if nothing is on. I still think Chalky should get a crack at a centre position, he runs the ball much straighter and harder than any outside back.

One of the rare times I disagree with you Woodgers. Chalk's strengths are 1) his running off inside balls up the middle, 2) his support play and 3) his finishing. Basically, he plays like a second fullback, and the easiest position to do that is winger.

The big difference in playing centre, I think, is that you get more opportunity to go one-on-one with your opposing defender, whether it be from a cut-out ball or something else. I haven't seen any signs that Chalk is good in such situations, but Phil Graham thrives in them IMO.

simon says

First Grade
Ive learned that the Raiders are boring and their fans are thick as.....

Hang on,I already knew that.

I havent learned anything.:lol: :lol:

Maybe you'll learn on Sunday that your team are destined to choke when the pressure is on and you'll fade into oblivion at finals time once again?

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:

ive learnt simon is a poor fisherman :)

woodgers

Bench
simon says said:

If only those things were on the test, you would have finally reached the Holy Grail - A year 10 certificate to call your very own. Better luck next year.

I see that winning 5 games has brought out the arrogance. It ain't over yet pal, there is still a few weeks to go. I don't recall seeing Raiders fans carrying on like this at the end of Round 5 when we were sitting on top with 10 points.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Im really excited about next season, with the huge pack and up coming backs we could really be a whole new team.

Dont get me wrong though, i want us to go all the way this year lol.

1- schif
2- chalk
3- Ale
4- Graham
5- Howell
6- Smith
7- Carney
8- Miller
9- Woolford
10- Thomo
11- Tilse
12- learoyd lahrs
13- Croker

14- Mogg
15- Lomu
16- Weymen
17- Withers

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I put mogg on the bench cause i think he could cover both the backrow position and can slot in the backs.

the whole withers and woolford is rather hard, withers offers more but woolfords leadership is very important also when woolford plays well he looks like one of the best hookers in the nrl.

thickos

First Grade
I'd definitely be dropping Mogg, he's lost his attacking spark from previous years incredibly badly. In his first two seasons with us he got 10 tries a piece....