What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have we learnt?

Gmac

Juniors
I admit after week 1 of the finals I thought wed be much closer to seeing who the top 2 or 3 teams are. But I still have no idea.

Dragons: looked back to the drags of old until half time when someone put valium in their water bottles. First half was best half from them in a while second half possibly the worst.

Tigers: Nervous start very patchy no structure, no aggression and no line speed. Then they look like world beaters. When they are on my god are they good but horrible when they are not.

I cant make my mind up whether the Broncos were THAT good or the warriors were that bad. Surely warriors cant play that bad again. They looked the goods early on. Good solid side brisbane but is doing it for locky enough?

Eagles: we were ordinary. I know we scored some points in the end when the game was gone but the cowboys wernt that bad. If i was cowboys fan id forget that result and feel proud of what they achieved this year.
With all due respect to the cowboys if we start like that against the top sides there will be no come backs.

Storm: Surely they cant loose to newcastle can they?

I cant pick a winner or even 2 or 3 potential winners yet. What a great finals sersis.

tomdl

Bench
Probably will be called crazy, but I also think if the Broncs are on they will be hard to beat. Too many broncos haters on this forum so I assume I will be hated for having this opinion.

Jono1987

Juniors
Probably will be called crazy, but I also think if the Broncs are on they will be hard to beat. Too many broncos haters on this forum so I assume I will be hated for having this opinion.

No one will fear the Broncos. They made a lot of errors and the Warriors played like shit. Storm, Eagles and Tigers will beat them easily.

Big Pete

Referee
Tigers/Dragons - Tigers started poorly and had more holes in their defensive line than swiss cheese. Played some smarter footy in the second and the Dragons simply didn't have another gear to go. Not a performance you can hang a hat on by the Tigers but they're warming nicely and the big thing is they did it without Lawrence who will give them a big boost next week.

Broncos/Warriors - Warriors started well until the no-try decision really fired the Broncos up. Best performance from the Broncos all season and they've appeared to have gone up another gear while the Warriors just lack that finals composure. Still, not a perfect performance from the Broncos who looked shakey in d conceding six linebreaks. Warriors will likely survive the weekend but will do it tough next week against the Tigers.

Sea Eagles/Cowboys - Cowboys started really well while Manly were sort of caught in auto-pilot. But once a JT pass went astray it was basically all Sea Eagles. Probably the most impressive performance from all the teams, their defence was immense only being breached by an inch perfect JT grubber and their attack at times was equally breath taking with the magic ball from Foran to Stewart the highlight.

Melbourne/Newcastle could be really interesting. Storm should be too composed but Newcastle have some points in them and the quality players to cause a boil over.

hitman82

Bench
I'd be backing the Sea Eagles. They crushed the Cowboys through their own intensity. The Broncos were great too, but really just capitalised on our pathetic showing.

stormbati

Bench
Anyone can win! Have we not learnt anything!
The only team that didnt show much was the Warriors but they would have been better served had Vatuvei not given away a thousand sets. If they get another shot I'm sure they'll put up a better fight.

Look at 2005..Tigs flogged cows in 1st week...
Cows destroyed Parra to reach GF...
ONE week can be a long time in RL.....
Any team can win it ....all you need in a sudden death final is to have one of those games where everything you try turns to shit..& it happens to all teams at some time(Warriors last night is a prime example)
The way the Warriors play if they get another chance next week i cant see them having another shocker like last night.

It is still a very wide open final series.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Look at 2005..Tigs flogged cows in 1st week...
Cows destroyed Parra to reach GF...
ONE week can be a long time in RL.....
Any team can win it ....all you need in a sudden death final is to have one of those games where everything you try turns to shit..& it happens to all teams at some time(Warriors last night is a prime example)
The way the Warriors play if they get another chance next week i cant see them having another shocker like last night.

It is still a very wide open final series.
Did you have to bring that game up Phil??? I still have bloody nightmares :(

Snappy

Coach
Tigers: Nervous start very patchy no structure, no aggression and no line speed. Then they look like world beaters. When they are on my god are they good but horrible when they are not.

Your kidding right. Tigers OWNED the first 10 minutes of that match.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I have learned that the dragons won't go back to back and the warriors once more just made up the numbers. The 4 best sides of 2011 (who finished top 4) are still very hard to separate.

mongoose

Coach
If i was to rank the performances so far

1. Manly
2. Brisbane
3. Tigers
4. Dragons
5. Cowboys
6. Warriors