What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is a signed Jersey Worth?

TheInsider

Juniors
Hey guys,
What do you guys think a signed jersey is worth? I was looking on ebay at all the footy stuff and there is always heaps of Parra stuff for sale but what would be an average price for signed jerseys that people think?

For example i look at the two below here... one is this years... but the team hasn't done anything big yet...

one is 2005... we were minor premiers... but we didn't win the comp...

how do you judge how much to bid?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Signed-2005-Parramatta-Eels-Jersey-Minor-Premiers_W0QQitemZ180098906156QQcategoryZ39938QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FULLY-SIGNED-PARRAMATTA-EELS-2007-JERSEY-AUTOGRAPHED_W0QQitemZ200091968191QQcategoryZ39938QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dazeely

First Grade
At $50 current bid what a bargain.

To answer the question though I have no idea. Its like how long is a piece of string.

You are right though if it was a premiers jersey the asking price would go up. I actually have a framed/signed 2001 jersey. Not sure of value especially since not a winner but is worth plenty of sentimental value to me. Holds pride of place to me in my house for all to see.

Good luck with the bidding.

Suitman

Post Whore
dazeely said:
At $50 current bid what a bargain.

To answer the question though I have no idea. Its like how long is a piece of string.

You are right though if it was a premiers jersey the asking price would go up. I actually have a framed/signed 2001 jersey. Not sure of value especially since not a winner but is worth plenty of sentimental value to me. Holds pride of place to me in my house for all to see.

Good luck with the bidding.

I've got a signed one from 2001 from the Grand Final breakfast. Just haven't had it framed yet.
Anyone know of a good place to get it done??

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
jersey costs between $100 - $150
framing costs between $100 - $250
signatures add value...

i reckon anything around $250 would be pretty common.

Do it yourself, buy a jersey/trainingshirt/tshirt/flag. Get the signatures from the players (its more fun that way), and then price around for framing. I used a guy in castle hill to get 3 things (2 jerseys and a training shirt) done once and he gave me a great price. an unbelievable price actually!

JessEel

oo Suity, see above, re:
I used a guy in castle hill to get 3 things (2 jerseys and a training shirt) done once and he gave me a great price. an unbelievable price actually!

In Victoria Ave, i'll have to go home and find the exact address for you

Suitman

Post Whore
JessEel said:
oo Suity, see above, re:

In Victoria Ave, i'll have to go home and find the exact address for you

Thanks heaps Jess.

I'll get off my arse and get it done.

I'd also like a little brass plate or something with the years stats, as we broke many records that year.
Does he do that stuff as well?

Suity

dazeely

First Grade
Suitman said:
I've got a signed one from 2001 from the Grand Final breakfast. Just haven't had it framed yet.

Suity

Is Brisvegas to far?

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:

Suity

There is a guy on Church St at Parramatta opposite Nandos/Pizza Hut. They are called Icons of Sport. Very good and they do the framing etc for quite a lot of the NRL teams.

FROSTY319

Juniors
I have a signed 1986 Eels supporter ball that I personally had signed as a kid.
I'm wondering what that is worth ?

The Colonel

Immortal
TheInsider said:
Hey guys,
What do you guys think a signed jersey is worth? I was looking on ebay at all the footy stuff and there is always heaps of Parra stuff for sale but what would be an average price for signed jerseys that people think?

For example i look at the two below here... one is this years... but the team hasn't done anything big yet...

one is 2005... we were minor premiers... but we didn't win the comp...

how do you judge how much to bid?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Signed-2005-Parramatta-Eels-Jersey-Minor-Premiers_W0QQitemZ180098906156QQcategoryZ39938QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FULLY-SIGNED-PARRAMATTA-EELS-2007-JERSEY-AUTOGRAPHED_W0QQitemZ200091968191QQcategoryZ39938QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You run the risk of the jersey only being partly signed by Parramatta players and then the rest of the signatures being done by the owner. Not saying that this is the case but you run the risk without a certificate of authenticity. Also the guy is a first time seller so how reputable he is remains to be seen.

Buy a jersey through a reputable dealer already done or do it yourself. At least you have an idea what you are getting is legit.

JessEel

Suitman said:
Thanks heaps Jess.

I'll get off my arse and get it done.

I'd also like a little brass plate or something with the years stats, as we broke many records that year.
Does he do that stuff as well?

Suity

im sure he does. he gets you to pick all the stuff he uses. frames/backing/how the jersey sits.
if not im sure if you got one made that he would attach it for you no probs

JessEel

FROSTY319 said:
I have a signed 1986 Eels supporter ball that I personally had signed as a kid.
I'm wondering what that is worth ?

omgoodness!!! *faints*

JessEel

*recovers*

wat would people here pay for a 1986 signed supporters ball??
I reckon $500+...... more even!

The Colonel

Immortal
You could comfortably get more than $500......

I have a soccer ball (yeah I know I know) signed by Steve Waugh, Reg Gasnier, Graeme Langlands, John Raper, Arthur Beetson, Kostya Tzuyu, Jeff Fenech, Dawn Fraser, Georgie Moore, Dean Mercer and a few others....... and that was valued at probably three times that.

In terms of both rarity and the fact they are a premiership team its worth a good deal.....