What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Gus' agenda with Saints

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Me too. He reads people very well, good poker face and knows how to articulate in a calm manner. obviously good at negotiations - good businessman. If he was with us, we would love him.
You might be right. While Gus is at the Dogs, he is just a smug, self important lying swine. If he was at the Dragons though, it would be OK, because he would be OUR smug, self important lying swine!

SAP58

Juniors
Me too but in his podcast he stated he didnt know the workings of the club. Ok then how did he make a recomendation to how we should be structured a couple of years ago ?

possm

Coach
Gus cost us Talis when the super league was was on calling him a bench player at best

Then the Roosters ceo tried to sign him

Gus thinks about Gus only
Yes, and if St George Illawarra was moved to Wollongong, then the Bulldogs and Sharks would raid the St George Juniors.

I don't ever remember Flanno or Des letting go of their best players in their past that is for sure.
Flanno released Maloney to Penrith without even talking to him, on return he got Moylan.
No Maloney, no Sharks Premiership.
Jack Bird is on record in saying how Flanno had said we'll get your contract done soon, then proceeded not to talk to him about it for over 3 months. Bird got sick of waiting and signed with the Broncos.

possm

Coach
It's not the fat ugly slug's fault we're a debacle.

And quite frankly if someone asked you whether they should go to the Dragons under this incompetent bunch of buffoons would you endorse it?

I love the club but even if Craig Bellamy called me I'd tell him to coach the Woodridge Disabled Rug Munchers 3rd Grade horseshoe-throwing team instead.

Until the entire board is strung up by their short & curlies, I wouldn't recommend it to any serious self-respecting coach.
The only hope we would have to see a restructure of the St George Illawarra Club would be if St George purchased the shares from WIN and then went to the market for a new partner. Under these circumstances, I would hope that the BOD would allow members to vote for board members.

BLM01

First Grade
Flanno released Maloney to Penrith without even talking to him, on return he got Moylan.
No Maloney, no Sharks Premiership.
Jack Bird is on record in saying how Flanno had said we'll get your contract done soon, then proceeded not to talk to him about it for over 3 months. Bird got sick of waiting and signed with the Broncos.
You won a premiership with Maloney and Bird. They done their job and it was the last premiership either player won. Flanno signed him only that year and you got the job done
Flanno did the right thing letting them go. He squeezed the lemon

You won a premiership with Maloney and Bird. They done their job and it was the last premiership either player won. Flanno signed him only that year and you got the job done
Flanno did the right thing letting them go. He squeezed the lemon
Maloney was 2 years, and he won NSW a SOO series after.
Flanno proceeded to sign Johnson, Moylan and Dugan all on 900k contracts.
This forum had some great laughs about the Dugan signing.
Flanno is a great coach, but not so good at cap management. Mooney had been in charge of that for 2016, he then left and Flanno had the control.

BLM01

First Grade
Maloney was 2 years, and he won NSW a SOO series after.
Flanno proceeded to sign Johnson, Moylan and Dugan all on 900k contracts.
This forum had some great laughs about the Dugan signing.
Flanno is a great coach, but not so good at cap management. Mooney had been in charge of that for 2016, he then left and Flanno had the control.
"A great coach". That will do me and a good start. "Cap management" that is what a good GM / recruitment manager is for.
Player selection..yes on the coach. But 2016 he did OK
All coaches have paid too much for a "name" from time to time

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I really hope Browny get a job in the club looking after the players retention and recruitment if Flanno is appointed. He is a more crucial signing to me than the coach. Look at the Warriors now and he lured Ponga who at the time was the next big thing to the Knights. He will keep Kyle Flannagan away as well as that is my biggest fear if Shane Flanno gets the role. Kyle is not a Browny type player.

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
I really hope Browny get a job in the club looking after the players retention and recruitment if Flanno is appointed. He is a more crucial signing to me than the coach. Look at the Warriors now and he lured Ponga who at the time was the next big thing to the Knights. He will keep Kyle Flannagan away as well as that is my biggest fear if Shane Flanno gets the role. Kyle is not a Browny type player.
What do you mean by that?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Not good enough player? Browny's type of players are eye's up players not structured. Look at Ponga, Shaun Johnson, Hayne etc. I heard that when he was at Saints the media asked Browny if he could sign anyone who would he get from the NRL. He said there is a kid playing for Wentworthville who looks really good, I would get him. He was talking about Jarryd Hayne before he made his mark. He has a great eye for talent. Kyle is way to structured.

Kyle would be great at the Storm. Bellamy would make him a star.

Latest posts