What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is happening to LU

Dufmack

Juniors
I've been reading these forums for quite a few years now and I've noticed some alarming trends. The free flowing, open discussion style of play Is being replaced by this robotic structural posting. I honestly believe the moderators need to put the whistle away and let the forums free.

Any threads that don't suit the gameplan are removed and I just wish we members had a little bit more freedom to comment on what we see in front of us, without fear of our content getting dropped to reserve grade.

What are your thoughts on the state of the game? Should we bring back the good old days and the ability to speak our mind?

mczoze

Juniors
I've been reading these forums for quite a few years now and I've noticed some alarming trends. The free flowing, open discussion style of play Is being replaced by this robotic structural posting. I honestly believe the moderators need to put the whistle away and let the forums free.

Any threads that don't suit the gameplan are removed and I just wish we members had a little bit more freedom to comment on what we see in front of us, without fear of our content getting dropped to reserve grade.

What are your thoughts on the state of the game? Should we bring back the good old days and the ability to speak our mind?
This is a really good point, thank god someone brought it up.

Forums like 'Who is the best NRL of all time' and many more have just removed...they've been doing it all day Sir honestly.

ByRd

First Grade
I agree and have been on this site and reading since late 2003.

Every thread has become just most people trying to be "funny"and get likes and there is no actual footy discussion at all anymore.

There are very little new threads that are created etc. and everything is always just merged into bigger threads instead of being talking points at that particular time.

Bring back the footy talk and open threads!

Billythekid

First Grade
The complete opposite is true. If anything this forum is under moderated and has led to it being a cesspit of trolls and posters trying to one up each other to be the funniest one. That’s why there is no serious discussion not because they remove the occasional troll thread.

Fangs

Coach
Happy with my own club forum. However the main NRL forum is craptacular for the most part.

Fangs

Coach
Members are only interested in chasing likes these days. Back in the old days we did it purely for the love of posting

I worked out that game day threads are the best for that. High traffic, more likes, more trophies for Fangs. Note my impressive 55% like/post ratio.

Or you just post something negative about Mary in the Dragons forum.

...likes anyone?

mongoose

Coach
A lot of the sub forums have good discussion - NRL Expansion, NRL Media, the game threads are fun. Some team forums are active with lots of discussion, some sets of fans obviously don't use LU though, such as the Raiders who are all on The Greenhouse. But yes the NRL general forum is a travesty for the most part.