What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is it With the Frontrow

super_coach

First Grade
I just cant believe we have not beefed up our frontrow stocks for 2010.Ross,Burgess,the guy from the warriors who has just signed with the knights,now Ryles is being linked to the chooks and of course their were the mid season signings by the Eels. So their has not been a lack of stock in the market place. Yet Sheens dosnt seem to be interested. Can we than persume that he is happy with our own stocks. Lets face we were going like a busted bus up front to they lured Skando back into the fold mid season.KG was the exception and played great, but he did have a long stint on the side lines.

Okay we have a few coming through the toyotya cup but they are a work in progress and in the past Sheens has been very reluctant to use seasoned journey men like Tandy and Cashmere so I cant see him blooding them next year. Look at Gibbs, just starting to make the grade now after how many years??

It is impossible to get through a season without injuries up front and if you dont have four quality frontrowers and at least two back ups your going to struggle.

I just cant believe our coach dosnt seem to think we have a problem in that area and its not that it is a new problem, we have had it since day one of the joint venture.

I just dream of the day we see Marshall,Farah,lawrence and co playing behind a dominant forward pack and considering both wets and balmain have a history of strong forwards especially up front

Vic Mackey

Referee
im sure we're looking at some fringe first grade centers to turn into front rowers as we speak

whats brad tighes contract situation?

failing that we could just go back to using payne and galea there....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Galea hasn't be resigned yet has he?

Otherwise, We could go with Lawrence and Tuiaki in the front row

baddog

Juniors
i heard they were after cashmere and jason cayless but don't know if anything is doing there

Martinplace

Juniors
What is our F/R stocks like?
Galoway
Payten
Skando
Gibbs
Laurie (he is still under contract isn't he?)

Who else?

innsaneink

Referee
What is our F/R stocks like?
Galoway
Payten
Skando
Gibbs
Laurie (he is still under contract isn't he?)

Who else?

Skando & Laurie both with ???'s for next year.

Its got me stuffed what they got against props, the Dogs have had the right mentality for decades, "buy a prop, then buy another one, then when youve got enough, buy one more"

weretiger

Juniors
i heard they were after cashmere and jason cayless but don't know if anything is doing there
where has cashmere been watch the cowboys a few times and he was no where to be seen, his form a couple of seasons back was good if he played to that levell he would be a good buy

Bench
where has cashmere been watch the cowboys a few times and he was no where to be seen, his form a couple of seasons back was good if he played to that levell he would be a good buy
He has been in the ESL.

thedoc762

Juniors
i think one of the fiffita boys is ready for the step up correct me if im wrong but Andrew is the starting prop for NYC goes very well and knows his way to the line

thedoc762

Juniors
Very true Danoz but look at guys like Dugan at the raiders you have to give them a taste sometime and like Dugan did take it with both hands the common factor is if they are shining in NYC they can make the step up i also think Mullaney will get a run in FG similar to that of Lui this season.
Im not suggesting Fiffita will play week in week out but i think he can play his part

DanOz

Juniors
Very true Danoz but look at guys like Dugan at the raiders you have to give them a taste sometime and like Dugan did take it with both hands the common factor is if they are shining in NYC they can make the step up i also think Mullaney will get a run in FG similar to that of Lui this season.
Im not suggesting Fiffita will play week in week out but i think he can play his part

I hear you mate, and he may well be ready, but the step up is easier for the backs than the forwards imo.

innsaneink

Referee
Dugan I think ...no, im sure, is more the exception rather than the rule, he's a special player.
Fifita has a way to go imo. Still very lazy at times

simon says

First Grade
There were plenty of blokes that kicked off straight from the under 20's into top grade......Dugan is one of many.

I have no issue grading kids if they are really good.

innsaneink

Referee
Theres not plenty as talented as Dugan.
I dont think Fifita is ready.
Not plenty of Dave taylors running around

nyx

Juniors
Well the Chooks have signed Ryles.

I wonder if the brains trust at Concord even spoke to him. I doubt it.

:?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Lord knows if Ryles got a phone call, from what I hear Cayless wants back from ESL- maybe he'd be worth a call? Not much left in the bargain basement section now..............

2010's international / SOO standard signing is looking bleaker and bleaker.
I really hope it is not Taquiri for 1/2 a season only. Looks like ESL may be our only other hope. It just goes to show how much of a joke WT management has become.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I'm torn - Ryles has plenty of brain explosions in him plus there's already a bone-head (Gibbs) at the club. On the other hand, Ryles is quality, makes yards, off-loading ability (sorely lacking), former rep etc. If he was asking $300k I'd be sh*tty we didn't have a go at him (if we have the cap space). If he wanted more, I can live with not making a play.