What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Jack Bird's best position?

What is Jack Bird's best position?

• Fullback

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Centre

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Five-eighth

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Second row

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Lock

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters

myrrh ken

First Grade
Not big enough for 2nd row/lock at the moment. Maybe later in his career.

Centre is best. His defence is fine.

Clifferd

Coach
He played 1 age group above me. I've played with him a few times at Berkeley, very injury prone but even at 13-14 you always knew he was gonna make it big.

His preferred position back then was lock, maybe add a few more kgs and he'll be perfect for a ball type playing lock

God-King Dean

Immortal
Don't buy into 'not big enough'
While I don't particularly rate him, Peachey handles it fine in the middle.

betcats

Referee
Peachey isn't a great example tbh he hasn't played much in the middle. Never seen him play a full game there for the panthers, he has shifted to hooker a bit to cover injuries during games, I doubt Peach could handle lock full time and be effective. Bird could probably handle lock but do you really want someone of his attacking calibre tackling props 30-40 times a game?

Put him the edge for mine, centre or back row is his spot.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
He played 1 age group above me. I've played with him a few times at Berkeley, very injury prone but even at 13-14 you always knew he was gonna make it big.

His preferred position back then was lock, maybe add a few more kgs and he'll be perfect for a ball type playing lock

You would struggle to find a young rep player who ISNT injury prone...

Between their regular club games and the 2 or 3 rep teams they will be on, they will be playing at least 2 games a week from february until october every year.

carcharias

Immortal
Peachey is no forward .
The sooner he figures that out the better.
Probably be a good 13467

Hooker at a stretch

Clifferd

Coach
You would struggle to find a young rep player who ISNT injury prone...

Between their regular club games and the 2 or 3 rep teams they will be on, they will be playing at least 2 games a week from february until october every year.

I think he had 2 shoulder reconstructions by the time he was 16, and the ongoing arthritis issues. Yes he played club footy, school footy and in many rep teams but to me that still isn't normal.

I think between 16-18 he played not many more than half a dozen games (due to the arthritis) yet was still selected in all the NSW u16s and 18s teams. He was obviously one of the best juniors rated going around and it's even showing in the big league