What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the correct pronunciation of Dane Gagai?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Is Rabs correct? Is it phonetically " Dayne Gay Guy"?

What are his nick names?

dogslife

Coach
I'm fairly sure that it the correct pronunciation. The first time I'd ever heard the name muttered was Ivan the terrible (may he RIP) on Nein news, and almost lost my shit when I realised it was a real person he was mentioning. Poor bloke, school must have been tough

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Heh. I can imagine some great commentary in the years to come if that is the correct pronunciation.

Danish

Referee
apparently he is in talks with the cowboys for 2012...

... just gagging to play with willie

Danish

Referee
How does it feel to get raped by a nice person?

Its the lack of respect, that's what hurts the most. Except for the... Except for the other thing. That hurts the most.

But the lack of respect hurts the second most

dear god somebody get this movie reference

Ulysseus

Bench
Commentators everywhere are waiting for the day when Gagai gets taken down by either Tongue or Likiliki.

600_EpicWin.jpg

Didgi

Even if it is correct, of all the mispronunciations Rabs makes, you would think someone could slip him a note.

bobmar28

Bench
As usual Rabs has got it wrong. His name is not Gay Guy. I have heard the ABC radio commentators pronounce it Gar Gai. I am sure that is the correct pronunciation.

no name

Coach
Someone posted it in the game thread but last night Rabs said something along the lines of:
'Gay guy with the snatch'

Big Pete

Referee
I pronounce it Gag-guy.

Still pretty sus but better than the alternative.

Better question.

Yow Yee or Yow Yeah?