What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the most common food/drink you have never even tried??

Nuke

Staff member
I'm 38 and never had a tea or coffee in my life.
No reason for it. I just don't want or need them to get by, nor do I particularly like drinking hot drinks. May have a hot choc / Milo 2-3 times a year when it's freezing cold, but that's about it.

Willie Ray

Bench
I had an oyster for the first time last night, at age 30.

I've got more weird ones. But lets see what weird shit other people do first
did you like the oyster?...
I like 'em lots...
I've also eaten Kimberly oysters too....
they're really an acquired taste though...not for everyone.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm 38 and never had a tea or coffee in my life.
No reason for it. I just don't want or need them to get by, nor do I particularly like drinking hot drinks. May have a hot choc / Milo 2-3 times a year when it's freezing cold, but that's about it.

I've never had a cup of coffee either

Misanthrope

Staff member
A lot of these surprise me, but I can't judge. I hadn't tried lobster until I was 34, and I've still never tried pomegranate.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I've never had a cup of coffee either

Unfortunately I have had 5 cups of coffee in my life, every time the reaction has been the same, totally uncontrollable sickness from both ends, must be an allergy from it. Last year I was at a local restaurant having pizza the lady gave us a sample of a new ice cream/ gelato they were trying out, I had one mouthful and could taste the coffee in it, I swallowed a very small amount but managed to spit most of if out, even with that I had had cramps in the stomach after wards but at least the other reactions didn't happen. To say I don't like coffee is an understatement

AJB1102

First Grade
Unfortunately I have had 5 cups of coffee in my life, every time the reaction has been the same, totally uncontrollable sickness from both ends, must be an allergy from it. Last year I was at a local restaurant having pizza the lady gave us a sample of a new ice cream/ gelato they were trying out, I had one mouthful and could taste the coffee in it, I swallowed a very small amount but managed to spit most of if out, even with that I had had cramps in the stomach after wards but at least the other reactions didn't happen. To say I don't like coffee is an understatement

Why did you have the other 4 cups?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Why did you have the other 4 cups?

Because at the time I was young and really didn't know what made me sick at the time but by the 4th time I think I worked out the common deminator was coffee, the first three times I had lots of different things that day besides the coffee, the 4 th time I had only coffee and that's when it twigged in my mind that it was most likely coffee, the 5th time confirmed it . Can't even stand the smell of coffee these days .

horrie hastings

First Grade
I. May have a hot choc / Milo 2-3 times a year when it's freezing cold, but that's about it.

Milo is evil, it doesn't mix properly in cold milk, it may in hot milk but I couldn't stand the taste of if anyway, way to sweet, much preferred akatavite when I was younger, I remember the local chemists used to sell akatavite.

AJB1102

First Grade
Because at the time I was young and really didn't know what made me sick at the time but by the 4th time I think I worked out the common deminator was coffee, the first three times I had lots of different things that day besides the coffee, the 4 th time I had only coffee and that's when it twigged in my mind that it was most likely coffee, the 5th time confirmed it . Can't even stand the smell of coffee these days .

haha fair enough.

Does cocaine do the same to you?

AJB1102

First Grade
Milo is evil, it doesn't mix properly in cold milk, it may in hot milk but I couldn't stand the taste of if anyway, way to sweet, much preferred akatavite when I was younger, I remember the local chemists used to sell akatavite.

Never heard of akatavite. Remember Ovaltine or something but. I think they made it into chunks and sold it as lollies too, Ovaltinies.

Nesquick tasted like weed killer.