What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is Your '04' Team?

Macca

Coach
1. Peachey
2. Merritt
3. Vagana
4. Kent
5. Reick
6. Hilder
7. Kimmorley (c)
13. Bailey
12. Gallen
11. Nutley
10. Beattie
9. Bosnich
8. Stevens

14. Galloway
15. Newton
16. Russo
17. Lomu

Coach: Chris Anderson

Bosnich can play the 80 minutes out along with Bailey enabling us to utilise all four spots on the bench for big forwards. I'd leave Kent and Reick together for a while yet after the way they finished the year with Hilder helping out in defence from 5/8th. Kimmorley and Peachey are the ball players with fast outside backs, gigantic forwards and plenty of them up front. Russo is going to be the big surprise next year, I think he will eventually become a starting forward. Galloway and Newton should continue to improve as youngsters and Lomu should regain some of his 02 form and push for selection. There is plenty of depth after these 17 and should be some good competition for spots, a great recipe.

wattsy32

Juniors
All the same but with reick on the wing instead of kent, proberly put him in centres until "the fonz"[franze] gets his skills and fitness back

Frenzy

Juniors
Ivor Headache
Justin Case
Ima Goose
Matt Finish
Hugh Jarse
Don E Brook
Uri Nigged
Kostya Cash
Lou Zers
Wayne Kerr
Orson Carte
Slim Pickens
Jack Shit

Far Kennell
Far Quit
Far Korf
Far Kinnoth

Coach: Frenzy - I'm in one!

Special K

Coach
Frenzy said:
Ivor Headache
Justin Case
Ima Goose
Matt Finish
Hugh Jarse
Don E Brook
Uri Nigged
Kostya Cash
Lou Zers
Wayne Kerr
Orson Carte
Slim Pickens
Jack sh*t

Far Kennell
Far Quit
Far Korf
Far Kinnoth

Geez how could you leave out Dixie Normas and Ivan Erection? I was hoping they would get a run this year as they have talent written all over them.

Genius Freak

Juniors
1) Peachey
2) Franze
3) Vagana
4) Bailey
5) Merritt
6) Aitkin
7) Kimmorley
8) Stevens
9) Triester/Bosnich
10) Beattie
11) Nutley
12) Gallen
13) Hilder

14) Galloway
15) Newton
16) Bickerstaff
17) Bird/Sully

Jimbo

Immortal
Frenzy said:
Ivor Headache
Justin Case
Ima Goose
Matt Finish
Hugh Jarse
Don E Brook
Uri Nigged
Kostya Cash
Lou Zers
Wayne Kerr
Orson Carte
Slim Pickens
Jack sh*t

Far Kennell
Far Quit
Far Korf
Far Kinnoth

:lol:

Don't forget the Football Manager - Loke Hunt...

:p

Frenzy

Juniors
Hulkamanic 36 said:
Geez how could you leave out Dixie Normas and Ivan Erection? I was hoping they would get a run this year as they have talent written all over them.

There are contract disputes with these boys.

Both claim to have agreed to terms with the new Purse Carrying Nancy Boys team.

I think they are based in Allawah

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
1. Peachey
2. Merritt
3. Vagana
4. Franze
5. Kent
6. Sullivan
7. Kimmorley
8. Stevens
9. Bosnich
10. Lomu
11. Nutley
12. Bailey
13. Hilder

14. Beattie
15. Gallen
16. Galloway
17. Aitken/Bird

Coach: Only as good as his players

gee i got some sweet action tonight
what am i doing on the sharks forum?

do i have massive problems?
of course i do

please somebody cure me
oh lord (i'm not religious) all is lost!!!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
As long as Keith Galloway gets a fair share of time ill be happy. I think if the sharks keep training him up, he could have a BIG future ahead of him

Frenzy

Juniors
Shaun said:
As long as Keith Galloway gets a fair share of time ill be happy. I think if the sharks keep training him up, he could have a BIG future ahead of him

I won't care if he doesn't see first grade. At 17 (18 next year) his biggest danger is burn out. 2004 sees the Flegg return to a full comp and a rise in age to U/20, and I wouldn't mind him spending most of the year there.

Remember he and the other babes in arms were rellay only blooded due to a) necessity (lack of depth) and b) to fit Ando's plans - which don't look like being followed through.

Every year when the comp starts I visualise the Sharks winning the damn thing.

I can't visualise it happening with the kiddie brigade in the side.

Frenzy

Juniors
El Garbo said:
If they're good enough, they're old enough as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with the sentiment actually.

Galloway is neither yet IMO. From an experience standpoint alone he's way behind at least 10 others.

Anonymous

Juniors
Galloway is neither yet IMO. From an experience standpoint alone he's way behind at least 10 others.

You've just contadicted yourself. You say you agree with the 'good enough, old enough' thing, but then say that he's neither good enough or old enough. The point I was making is that age is irrelevant.

As for experience, well, he's not going to pick up a good deal of that playing Jersey Flegg. If he's not in first grade, he'll be in Premier League for sure.

As for burnout, well being introduced to first grade footy at a young age certainly never hurt ET, Brad Fittler and the like. Just as it should have no effect on the Galloways and Aitkens of the Sharks.