What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what is your best Aussie XI for the World Cup?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
lockyno1 said:
Hussey has done it for longer. Hussey at 6 and White at 7 with Symonds at 5 is a perfect formula for finishing the innings!
Locky's right again :crazy: Hussey is happy at 6 and that is where he should stay.

borat

Bench
1. Gilchrist
2. Hayden
3. Ponting
4. Clarke
5. Symonds
6. Hussey
7. Watson
8. Hogg
9. Lee
10. Clark
11. McGrath

12. Johnson
13. Hilfenhaus
14. White
15. Haddin

NK Arsenal

Juniors
willvillain said:
This simply doesn't fly. Bracken is currently ranked 3rd best ODI bowler in the world, how you could even consider leaving him out of the top 11 let alone the squad entirely is beyond stupid.

The more I think about it, the less I can see a place for Hogg for the Cup. Watson needs to recover from his injuries fully before I consider him just yet.

I rate Hilfenhaus above Bracken. And if you are gonna say that we need a left-armer for variety, Johnson is in there.
WTF? why leave hogg out? we need a spinner!!
And Shane Watson is a great all-rounder. His fitness just needs to improve.

willvillain

Juniors
I don't think we need a left armer for variety, but I do think we need to select our best bowlers. At the moment Australia has two bowlers in the top 3 in the world (McGrath is second, Bracken is third) while Lee also makes the top ten (he's 7th). They all have to be considered certainties to make the team.

Why leave Hogg out? Because the Windies pitches aren't likely to offer all that much to the spinners, and with the short boundaries and batsman friendly wickets, I can see a bloke like Hogg providing not all that much value. Who says we need a spinner anyway? There are no rules that say you have to include one out and out spinner in your side.

Watson is NOT a great all-rounder. Not by a longshot. At the very best you could currently consider him to be an unlucky player with a lot of potential who has so far not lived up to any of the wraps put upon him. And he's f*cking injured anyway!

Macca

Coach
Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
White
Lee
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
McGrath

Bracken, Clark, Hogg, Jacques & Katich.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
willvillain said:
I don't think we need a left armer for variety, but I do think we need to select our best bowlers. At the moment Australia has two bowlers in the top 3 in the world (McGrath is second, Bracken is third) while Lee also makes the top ten (he's 7th). They all have to be considered certainties to make the team.

Why leave Hogg out? Because the Windies pitches aren't likely to offer all that much to the spinners, and with the short boundaries and batsman friendly wickets, I can see a bloke like Hogg providing not all that much value. Who says we need a spinner anyway? There are no rules that say you have to include one out and out spinner in your side.

Watson is NOT a great all-rounder. Not by a longshot. At the very best you could currently consider him to be an unlucky player with a lot of potential who has so far not lived up to any of the wraps put upon him. And he's f*cking injured anyway!

I forget which one it is, but one of the Windies pitches is a turner (Barbados I think), the rest are seamers

Tom Shines

First Grade
Will McGrath go first change again like in the Champions Trophy?
I actually think its a good spot for him, and open with Lee and Bracks.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
willvillain said:

So you are saying that we should not pick young guys like Hilfenhaus who have great wraps on them instead of picking a bloke who wheres a f**kin girl's hair band in there hair?

Hogg is a great bowler and could do anything on any pitch.

Yes he is a great all-rounder! He has a lot of potential, but when he reaches his peak he gets injured.

lockyno1 said:
Agreed, "Sunshine" Watto is a awesome player.:D

Gee - somebody has a brain.

Tom Shines

First Grade
To be fair NP, Bracken is now a world class ODI bolwer, regardless of the fact he and Watson share makeup tips.

willvillain

Juniors
novacastrian_panther said:
So you are saying that we should not pick young guys like Hilfenhaus who have great wraps on them instead of picking a bloke who wheres a f**kin girl's hair band in there hair?

Hogg is a great bowler and could do anything on any pitch.

Yes he is a great all-rounder! He has a lot of potential, but when he reaches his peak he gets injured.

Forget it. You have no idea.

grungle

Juniors
would find a spot for jimmy hopes.

Gilchrist
watson
ponting
clarke
symonds
hussey
white
hopes
lee
johnson
mcgrath

bracken
hilfy
hogg
hayden?

Stuart

Juniors
Gilly
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
White
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

Johnson
Hayden
Clark
Haddin

lockyno1

Post Whore
If Hayden is ANYWHERE near the side it is a joke. He is playing 2 awful sides in awful ODI form and still is batting crap!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well the tennis was great. Saw sook Hewitt lose and saw Safin-Roddick's match. Saw Sharapova a couple of times as well. Good trip. Hungover though at the moment. Had a big night last night!

Latest posts