What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Jumpers will you wear??

antonius

Coach
This came up in another thread so thought I'd ask the question in a thread all its own.

With the Panthers being minor premiers, I should think they would get first choice and wear their normal black jumper. This would clash with the Roosters home jumper so I guess the Goosters will have to wear OUR Away Jumper!!! It's about time they got their own jumper if you ask me, instead of stealing ours!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tell you what, since your are obviously fashion concious.

Yes, the Roosters will be wearing the "white" jersey, which is great for you since it will be easier for you to imagine that the knights are playing in the grand final.

Sit and watch how suddenly the knights forwards move with such intensity & commitment. How the backs move as one with speed & agility. Marvel at the dexterity of players comming off the bench as they immerse themselves into the game with seamless transition.

Just make sure you wash your hands once the game is over.

antonius

Coach
Catatonic_Omnivore said:

Yes, the Roosters will be wearing the "white" jersey, which is great for you since it will be easier for you to imagine that the knights are playing in the grand final.

Sit and watch how suddenly the knights forwards move with such intensity & commitment. How the backs move as one with speed & agility. Marvel at the dexterity of players comming off the bench as they immerse themselves into the game with seamless transition.

Yep OUR jumpers have a magical effect on your players don't they? It sort of lifts them. Tell you what if your having to wash your hands after wearing our jumper( Dye running is it??) send it back,I'm sure the Knights will replace it for you, they are very accomodating at our club like that, nothings too much trouble. 8)

antonius said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:

Yep OUR jumpers have a magical effect on your players don't they? It sort of lifts them. Tell you what if your having to wash your hands after wearing our jumper( Dye running is it??) send it back,I'm sure the Knights will replace it for you, they are very accomodating at our club like that, nothings too much trouble. 8)
How original. You must be 10yrs old right? School holidays are we? Are you enjoying it? Listen, make sure you do your home work won't you.

Sorry, your team didn't make it this year. Maybe next year Mr. Johns will be feeling much better. Who knows maybe even some of his team mates will learn to play too.

antonius

Coach
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
How original. You must be 10yrs old right? School holidays are we? Are you enjoying it? Listen, make sure you do your home work won't you.
Oh come on Omnivore... you can do better than that, I know you can, talk about original? that come back is very poor. When I read you calling me "Bring It" (below the belt that was) I thought yes this will be a good little stir, then you go and come out with that. 1 out of 10 for that one. No I'm not on school holidays, I'm at work. Cool job heh? 8) 8)

You know what, your right. I shouldn't gloat over the success of the Roosters. Especially to team like the knights who are obviously a 1 man team.

Oh, if you consider a job to be "cool" just because you can logon to Forums, you might want set your expectations a bit higher than that.

Terminator

First Grade
Goddam goosters pinch our jersey as well!
:lol:
Carn the Panthers!
Chook dindins on Sunday. yummy! :lol: :lol:

antonius

Coach
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
You know what, your right. I shouldn't gloat over the success of the Roosters. Especially to team like the knights who are obviously a 1 man team.

Oh, if you consider a job to be "cool" just because you can logon to Forums, you might want set your expectations a bit higher than that.
Now that's a little better, first part about the one man team has been done before (several times in fact,.... no make that Thousands) Expectations? what expectations, I'm not "expecting" to get my job, I've already got it!! Back to the topic the Roosters success, yes you have bought yourselves a very successful team there, a team that just about every club in the NRL can lay some claim to being proud of.

Apologies Guys, I've reading up on the upcomming Grandfinal. I know you guys have lots of spare time since your off season has already started.

Anyway, 1 man team, yes it has been done to death already hasn't it. So as the allegations of Salary Cap Rorts, Buying the Comp, etc... The difference is you do have a 1 man team, where as allegations are well... allegations.

As for comments on your job. I see your not that smart are you? I didn't really say you were looking for a job now was I? No.

As for Terminator... you know what. That's been covered too. I forgive you for your ignorance in this matter.

I think that about covers it... If you excuse me I have the latest issue of RLW & Big League to read. They seem to have a lot of articles on the Roosters.

Thanks for your replies and hope the off season goes well for you.

terminator007 said:
Yes its good to see how well everyones juniors are flourishing at the Roosters. :lol:
I realised after I posted my reply that the term "ignorance" may be taken as an offence by yourself.

Rest assured that it was not meant to offend you. As I see it, it merely gives you the opportunity to seek more facts relating to the subject on hand.

Allow me to assist you in your search by quoting a post around the subject.

Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Colonel Eel said:
In most posts people have not made allegations. Sure some have but most have voiced legitimate questions about the playing roster that the Roosters have managed to accumulate.

I believe the term developed rather than accumulate is more applicable.

But before all you "Home Grown" hoo haa's join the arguement, let me make this clear. Three years ago no one knew Flannery, Hegarty, Crocker, Byrne, etc... The only player of elite standing was Fittler. Sure we had "elite" players come and go such as Mullins but they never stayed. This is no different to any other team.

This where all Roosters fans seem annoyed when questions are raised on the "legitimacy" or "validity" of the Roosters playing roster. Not sure about anyone else, but to me this is the same as questioning the Roosters Salary Cap.

In 2000 when the Roosters made the GF I don't think anyone questioned it then. Why, because the Roosters were for a large part dependant on Fittler, a one man team if you like. Year 2003 & 2003 saw the emergence of unkown talents and all of a sudden you guys put a price tag of 200K+ on them.

Now going back to Goulds arguement. Once these emerging talents fulfill their contracts 2-3 years down the track it would be difficult for the Roosters to keep them. Some will be released such as the case for Sing, Lam, Fletcher, etc...

I can't answer for Phil Gould but I would assume that the Roosters are somewhat frustrated that they would like to offer contracts to some of the players which have left as well as offer a substancial upgrades to the existing roster but can't not because they can't afford it but its because they are constrained by the cap.

Coaches & clubs that won't comment on these are the ones who have plenty under the cap but can't spend because of financial constraints. It's what avoids them from fielding a reserve grade side each week.

It really stinks that there are people out there that would love nothing better than to stick it to the Roosters and not really give them credit for what they have achieved given the demographics of the club.

See through the facade fo Cafe's and Designer Label shops and you will find a battler. A club on paper should have no reason to exist let alone compete in the the GF.

Yes, we have very little to offer so far as "Home Grown" talent is concerned. But if you consider the talents developed over the years such as Mini, Flannery, Hegarty, Byrne, Webb, Crocker, Cusak, etc... Some of which you guys would be cheering on during rep games. It's not bad considering they play for a club in a small pocket of Sydney.

No thanks required.

antonius

Coach
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Anyway, 1 man team, yes it has been done to death already hasn't it. So as the allegations of Salary Cap Rorts, Buying the Comp, etc... The difference is you do have a 1 man team, where as allegations are well... allegations.
Omni I don't really want to get into the 1 man team bit, as you said it has been done to death, but as we are discussing it there was a piece in the paper a few weeks ago when Johns was ruled out of the Knights team for the rest of the year on reliance on one player by some of the top teams. The results were as Follows

Winning percentage of Knights minus Johns 33% (and that was before the recent games where they won 3 of 5)

Winning percentage of Broncos minus Lockyer 30%

Winning percentage Roosters without Fittler 21%

Those figures are on games since 1998

Now I didn't make that up they are as reported, and I have to admit I was surprised when I saw them as I'm sure you are. But facts are facts, so really running down teams on the one man team basis is a bit of a red herring, if your a Roosters supporter.

antonius said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Omni I don't really want to get into the 1 man team bit, as you said it has been done to death, but as we are discussing it there was a piece in the paper a few weeks ago when Johns was ruled out of the Knights team for the rest of the year on reliance on one player by some of the top teams. The results were as Follows

Winning percentage of Knights minus Johns 33% (and that was before the recent games where they won 3 of 5)

Winning percentage of Broncos minus Lockyer 30%

Winning percentage Roosters without Fittler 21%

Those figures are on games since 1998

Now I didn't make that up they are as reported, and I have to admit I was surprised when I saw them as I'm sure you are. But facts are facts, so really running down teams on the one man team basis is a bit of a red herring, if your a Roosters supporter.
I'm not one to argue with statistics as they are quantifiable not subjective.

Yes, if you look at the Roosters from season 2001 to when Fittler started it is true. No arguements from me.

Look at them now. Fittler with a injured shoulder and you have the likes of Wing, Finch, Flannery, Mini, etc... If you look at the only game they lost since Fittler's publicized injury was against the Warriors. A game we would have won if we had a goalkicker (3 tries to 2, I beleive).

Let me clarify. Knights are still a 1 man team.

Doctor

Bench
If you hadn't mentioned it Antonius, I would have. Bear in mind the figures I have are more favourable to the Rooster's argument, but that's because they're a bit out of date - much like some of the Rooster's comebacks.

To borrow a line from Omni:

"Let me clarify. Roosters are still a 1 man team".

Original_Chook said:
If you hadn't mentioned it Antonius, I would have. Bear in mind the figures I have are more favourable to the Rooster's argument, but that's because they're a bit out of date - much like some of the Rooster's comebacks.

To borrow a line from Omni:

"Let me clarify. Roosters are still a 1 man team".

I think Plagiarize is more apt than borrow don't you think?

Fittler must be really good to still play a dominant role with one arm tied behind his back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next...

Doctor

Bench
I think Plagiarize is more apt than borrow don't you think?

Ah...no. Plagiarise means to use someone else's ideas and pass them off as your own - so the very fact I said "borrow a line from Omni" indicates that I am not passing anything off as my own - hence it is not plagiarism at all.

Will there be anything else my esteemed forum equal?

antonius

Coach
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Fittler must be really good to still play a dominant role with one arm tied behind his back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next...

You are correct Fittler does still play a dominant role in your team, cast your mind back a few weeks, Roosters leading by a Substantial amount, Sticky takes him off for the last 20 mins figuring He’d rest the shoulder you mention in the post. Within the next 15 mins the other mob have scored 3 tries and are on a roll, so back on goes Freddy, who promptly secures the winning points. Now what were we talking about? Our Jumpers that's right. :lol:

antonius said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:

Next...

You are correct Fittler does still play a dominant role in your team, cast your mind back a few weeks, Roosters leading by a Substantial amount, Sticky takes him off for the last 20 mins figuring He’d rest the shoulder you mention in the post. Within the next 15 mins the other mob have scored 3 tries and are on a roll, so back on goes Freddy, who promptly secures the winning points. Now what were we talking about? Our Jumpers that's right. :lol:
You must really be hard up for conversations if all your interested in is jumpers. Is this a fetish thing with you or what??? Your starting to freak me out.

Latest posts