What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Matua

Bench
I tend to agree, but it's not going to be for everyone. Wife didn't like it and from comments from other patrons she wasn't alone.

If it is your type of movie then it's one you'll love
I was in the really liked it camp, as was everyone I watched it with, but I can see how it might be a bridge too far for others.

I also watched The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent starring Nicholas Cage as a version of himself. That was really good too, but I assume it wont be for everyone.

PJ

First Grade
I was in the really liked it camp, as was everyone I watched it with, but I can see how it might be a bridge too far for others.

I also watched The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent starring Nicholas Cage as a version of himself. That was really good too, but I assume it wont be for everyone.

It's on my list.

mackdadday

Juniors
Velocipastor - After losing his parents, a priest travels to China, where he inherits a mysterious ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first horrified by this new power, a hooker convinces him to use it to fight crime. And ninjas. 10/10 Extremely silly. Nails it.

Dr Strange 2 - Was enjoyable. Didn't feel drawn out and had some nice cameos in there. 8/10

Next up..

Llamagadeon - A killer llama from space wreaks havoc..

PJ

First Grade
Nitram. 8.5/10 I think it is from the same group that did Snowtow.

Gritty take on the Port Arthur shooter.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Velocipastor - After losing his parents, a priest travels to China, where he inherits a mysterious ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first horrified by this new power, a hooker convinces him to use it to fight crime. And ninjas. 10/10 Extremely silly. Nails it.

wait this is a real movie? I’ve seen this synopsis and assumed it was a joke 😂

Vic Mackey

Referee
Decided to watch a traditional Aussie Feel Good Movie last night

‘Wake In Fright’

Hadn’t seen it before so went in expecting completely disturbing. Slightly let down however I can appreciate it and understand why it’s so highly regarded, especially considering it was made in 1971.

Dogs Of War

Coach
This afternoon I went and saw everything everywhere all at once.

I encourage everyone to support this film because it f**king fantastic.

It's not a sequel or reboot but a totally new and original story with the GOAT Michelle yeoh starring.

It's action packed, funny, weird, sad, enlightening and generally a hell of a great time.

Best to go in not knowing much and enjoying the ride.

Haven't been genuinely in awe of a movie like this since maybe the first matrix.

9/10
It tried to do too much. It’s worth a watch. But not one that I would ever watch again.

Decided to watch a traditional Aussie Feel Good Movie last night

‘Wake In Fright’

Hadn’t seen it before so went in expecting completely disturbing. Slightly let down however I can appreciate it and understand why it’s so highly regarded, especially considering it was made in 1971.
In my favourite top 10 Aussie movies of all time.

Just watching a totally bizarre 2010 Japanese movie called Gantz on SBS World Movies.

I can only describe it as a weird blend of Ringu, The Terminator, Dark City and another Japanese movie that I can't think of.

7/10.

A couple of nights ago, again on SBS World Movies, there was a movie called The Untamed.

Whoa! A Spanish Mexican production about a family who lived in a house in the middle of nowhere in Mexico.

It centres around a mysterious meteor crater near the house that possesses strange powers over living things including the daughter.

It started with all creatures, dogs, pigs, ducks, you name it, rooting their brains out inside the crater.

The daughter became aroused and willingly had her way with large snake like creatures on a regular basis.

This movie disturbed more than the uncut A Serbian Film of which I have a copy. Nowhere near as explicit but the subject was way out there.

Totally unratable.

Watched The Northman .... was ok , nothing spectacular.
I probably expected more .
6.5/10 probably not a movie you would watch again.

shiznit

Coach
Runaway Jury - Hadn't seen it in over 15yrs… when I initially watched it I was a first year law student… so naturally I thought it was absolute far fetched American rubbish…

now watching all these years later not as a absolute wanker who couldn’t decipher the idea of getting enjoyment from entertainment….

What a f**king great film… obviously i knew how the verdict went as I had seen it… but my god what a cast… Cusack, Weisz, Hackman & Hoffman… then the supporting cast…

if anyone hasn’t seen it I recommend it… great, great film with a really interesting angle… not your typical procedural law thriller…

mongoose

Coach
Starship Troopers - first time I've watched it in prob 20 years... special effects still hold up pretty well actually. It's still over the top and corny and you're never quite sure if its supposed to be satire or not.

Latest posts