What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Not sure I should admit to this but I can quote Police Academy 4 to you, word for word. Mannequin starring Andrew McCarthy and Kim Catrall also.

Flame away.
Kids and I watched Mannequin in the school holidays.

“Ohhhh Switcher...you’re one sick puppy.”

We use that line, said in character, to show disdain in our family. Lol.

“Do my thighs look too fat to you!?!” is another one.

Or if we’re sneaking a snack - “Hollywood...Hollywood!!’

Nerd that I am, I finally recently got an uncut studio version of Belinda Carlisle’s In My Wildest Dreams (opening titles song). Been chasing it 30+ years.

Jono078

Referee
Mortal Kombat (2021).

I also watched the original last night - I actually really love it, just brings back lots of nostalgia.

The new one is good IMO, it's just about what you're looking for in an MK movie.

Some things in this new one that are way better than the original as you would probably expect, but I feel the original had just a bit more charm with the characters.

I hope they do well and get to make a sequel.

Generalzod

Immortal
Rush_UK_poster.jpeg
This movie is great

panthersam

Juniors
Mortal Kombat (2021).

I also watched the original last night - I actually really love it, just brings back lots of nostalgia.

The new one is good IMO, it's just about what you're looking for in an MK movie.

Some things in this new one that are way better than the original as you would probably expect, but I feel the original had just a bit more charm with the characters.

I hope they do well and get to make a sequel.

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it, I like how they made the most of that R rating and they managed to do justice to a lot of the classic characters.

Shoutout to Josh Lawson for stealing the show as Kano.

House (1986)

Comedy / horror film. Deals with Vietnam Vet PTSE and haunted house tropes. Pretty dated in the FX now, but still worth watching for William Katt, George Wendt and Richard Moll. Probably ripe for a re-make. I have House 2 (1987) lined up for later.

Aragorn

First Grade
I thought Nobody was too much like John Wick.

Don’t tell me there was a kitty bracelet in John Wick?

Love John Wick

Loved nobody by simple fact I had no idea what to expect when watching it ie zero expectations- I thought it was going t be a better call saul drama not a blow your guts out action flick

nick87

Coach
This week i've watched both Kong vs Godzilla and Mortal Kombat

As far as dumb, shitty movies that make no f**king sense but are absolutely joyful... it's not close for me. Mortal Kombat kills. Just really enjoyed it start to finish. Kano hitting the "is that the only move you have?" got me proper LOL'ing
Kano absolutely owned the film though. Just a delightful character.

So dumb, so great. Scorpion saying "Get over here" was a real "Say the line, Bart" moment.
God i enjoyed it

azzah72

Bench
I thought Mortal Kombat was pretty bad.

Wooden acting, almost nothing plot that seems to jarringly jump all over the place, even mid-sentence sometimes.

I'll agree that Kano was the highlight, by far and the opening and closing fights with sub and scorpion were enjoyable.

All the rest ....... yikes.

The fights were basically PG-13 until the fatalities as well, like power rangers fights.

Granted, a couple of the fatalities were gleefully gory.

5/10

nick87

Coach
Wooden acting, almost nothing plot that seems to jarringly jump all over the place, even mid-sentence sometimes.

I’ll never understand this criticism of these sorts of films
My guy, you’re watching Mortal Kombat... ain’t no one in these cinemas looking for character development, cohesive story telling/plot and Oscar winning acting

Its not the Godfather
It’s mortal kombat lol

azzah72

Bench
I’ll never understand this criticism of these sorts of films
My guy, you’re watching Mortal Kombat... ain’t no one in these cinemas looking for character development, cohesive story telling/plot and Oscar winning acting

Its not the Godfather
It’s mortal kombat lol

Yeah but they should be at least able to act well enough that it isn't jarring.

The web series for example was cheesy also but it was still decently enough acted.

This was mostly jarringly bad acting, outside of 2 or 3 of them.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah but they should be at least able to act well enough that it isn't jarring.

The web series for example was cheesy also but it was still decently enough acted.

This was mostly jarringly bad acting, outside of 2 or 3 of them.
Nahhh actually to me the acting is secondary in a film like this to the actors ability to pull off the fight scenes.

I thought they all went well with that....

Heheh. I watched it too. It was fun enough.

But yeah, watching the main guy (can’t remember his characters name) try and fumble through his dialogue was as ham-fisted as me trying to do a “fatality” 20 years ago in a Time Zone “super session”.

I wasn’t expecting much. The Aussie guy gave a couple of good gags.