What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

mongoose

Coach
I enjoyed MK and they went deep into Scorpions back story which was kinda cool.

Godzilla vs Kong was too mind numbingly stupid for me. Seemed like the kind of movie a kid with really bad ADHD would come up with...

horrie hastings

First Grade
Supernova

Longtime gay couple go on a road trip when one has found out he is showing early signs of dementia, little did the other partner know that his partner is planning to end it all as part of the trip. The movie starts off with the road trip and doesn't build up any of the characters to start with so it is not so engaging to start with but it slowly builds up when family interactions happen. Great message about seeing it from both sides of the fence, the person suffering from the dementia and also the other side about the person who will be left behind once the suffering partner is gone. Stanley Tucci's character was almost annoying me early on but you could see where he was coming from and it was actually an overall good performance from Tucci and Colin Firth basically plays himself but never have i seen a man who can wear a cardigan and make it look so good.

Glass half full for me with this movie.

Last edited:

Mark B

Juniors
Took my eldest to Godzilla v Kong. Movie was what I expected, but it was the first time since seeing Ford V Ferrari in 2019 I had been to a cinema. Just to experience that again was priceless.

horrie hastings

First Grade
House Of Dracula- 1945

Felt like a short mindless movie late at night the other night and this one fitted the bill.
Chuck Dracula, The Wolfman and the Frankenstein monster into a movie and all mayhem breaks loose.
Dracula comes to a doctor looking towards curing his affliction , also the Wolfman comes to the doctor to also cure him. Dracula decides he doesn't want to be cured in the end because of one of the lovely doctors assistants and Dracula's switches a blood transfusion from him which infects the doctor, the doctor starts to take on some of Dracula's traits but tries to fight it off as he tries to cure the Wolfman , in the end the Wolfman is cured but the doctor goes mad and murders one of grounds staff then is pursued by the local villagers back to his castle where he brings the Frankenstein monster back to life and also kills his hunch back nurse, with the villagers storming the property the Frankenstein monster stumbles around the laboratory knocking over things causing them to explode and the place burns down with the monster and the mad doctor.
The End, lol. so contrived but so much fun all packed into just over an hour, the Universal monster films around this time were no brainers, just a whole lot of fun.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Saw Mortal Kombat and enjoyed it. It was exactly what is should be, a good B grade movie.

The right people could make a very good Kano prequel on a very minimal budget.

I think it has done well enough to start the franchise

I saw Wrath of Man last night and thought it was pretty shit.

I don’t even mind Jason Statham. You know what you’re going to get with him because he’s the same in every movie. He was fine.

But Guy Richie just sucks. The lame nicknames (“Boy-Sweat :neutral_face:) and the rubbish banter just sucks. It’s pretty long and drawn out and so far fetched. A lot of the plot is inconsequential. It’s just shit.

1 spud for some decent action but the story stinks to high heaven.

Mark B

Juniors
I saw Wrath of Man last night and thought it was pretty shit.

I don’t even mind Jason Statham. You know what you’re going to get with him because he’s the same in every movie. He was fine.

But Guy Richie just sucks. The lame nicknames (“Boy-Sweat :neutral_face:) and the rubbish banter just sucks. It’s pretty long and drawn out and so far fetched. A lot of the plot is inconsequential. It’s just shit.

1 spud for some decent action but the story stinks to high heaven.
Fair call. Did like the action. Josh Hartnett was going to be the next big thing when he first came on the scene, he was awful in this flick. Guy Ritchie started like a house on fire with Lock Stock and then Snatch. Then he married that terrible merkin and he stagnated for years.
Most of his work in the last decade or so has been mediocre, although I did enjoy The Gentlemen.

Fair call. Did like the action. Josh Hartnett was going to be the next big thing when he first came on the scene, he was awful in this flick. Guy Ritchie started like a house on fire with Lock Stock and then Snatch. Then he married that terrible merkin and he stagnated for years.
Most of his work in the last decade or so has been mediocre, although I did enjoy The Gentlemen.
Nailed it .

PJ

First Grade
Run. Netflix movies about a Mother and Daughter. Not bad, little predictable 7/10

Freaky. Another version of the two different people swapping bodies but this one has a decent enough change where it is a serial killer and a high school girl. Vince Vaughan was very good acting like a schoolgirl. 8/10

Books of Blood. Only becuase I used to love the Clive Barker books. One of the stories was interesting, the overall linking story became unbelievably laughable and some trult terrible acting, particulalry from the old lady running the guest house. 2/10

mongoose

Coach
Saw Wrath of Man and Without Remorse.

I enjoyed Wrath of Man, good action scenes and Statham at his menacing best. Yeah the plot is far fetched and overly convoluted but i was never bored while watching it.

Without Remorse was lame and predictable. The politics behind it is laughable and very 20th century.

Mark B

Juniors
Just watched Breath on Foxtel. Started out like a feel good story about kids growing up and finding surfing but it took a real bad turn. Statutory rape, auto erotica with choking. Some really left field badness. I am not a reader of Tim Winton’s material which the movie is based on. Kind of glad I am not as the novel takes even worse turns.

Alpha

I saw it on SBS World movies. I missed the start of it but it was pretty good. A cro-magnon man befriends a wolf. Very well shot and picturesque.

3.5 spuds.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The Final Girls. - If you like comedy horror. And have an appreciation of all the standard tropes. This movie is for you. I really enjoyed this. 8/10.

Parra

Referee
Just watched Breath on Foxtel. Started out like a feel good story about kids growing up and finding surfing but it took a real bad turn. Statutory rape, auto erotica with choking. Some really left field badness. I am not a reader of Tim Winton’s material which the movie is based on. Kind of glad I am not as the novel takes even worse turns.

Great movie that is very true to the source material. Well worth a read, the central theme ties it all together, along with the ocean of course.

“A cry in the dark”..

Hadnt seen it before, and prompted after listening to a casefile podcast about the Azaria Chamberlain case..

Brought back memories of the time. I was a little kid but I can remember everyone had an opinion on what really happened, the theories and all sorts. Which was well conveyed in the film.

It was absolutely trial by media...many who themselves would promote theories around Lindy Chamberlain’s guilt.... presumably coz “guilt is a bigger story than innocence”..

But that said, I thought it was a great film and a sobering account of the awful treatment that the chamberlains had to endure.

“A cry in the dark”..

Hadnt seen it before, and prompted after listening to a casefile podcast about the Azaria Chamberlain case..

Brought back memories of the time. I was a little kid but I can remember everyone had an opinion on what really happened, the theories and all sorts. Which was well conveyed in the film.

It was absolutely trial by media...many who themselves would promote theories around Lindy Chamberlain’s guilt.... presumably coz “guilt is a bigger story than innocence”..

But that said, I thought it was a great film and a sobering account of the awful treatment that the chamberlains had to endure.

I preferred ‘Evil Angels’

:wink: