What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Generalzod

Immortal
Yup, loved that one too, and that was another where I didn't have any real interest in the original.

Denis Villeneuve makes awesome films.
It was fantastic the sountrack was also great it kept Vangeli's futuristic score this is what Blade Runner a great film, Ive seen the original Dune with Sting, but havent seen Villenueve version of it yet.

An Andalusian Dog (Un Chein Andalou).

A 1929 black and white silent production "made" by Salvador Dali and Luis Bunuel which goes for a massive 22 minutes.

A bunch of unconnected scenes with bizarre imagery including a woman's eyeball being cut by a cutthroat razor, a man with a hole in the palm of his hand with ants crawling out of it and a severed hand laying in the middle of a street surrounded by onlookers.

One thing I can say - it was different! Totally unratable.

Generalzod

Immortal
A bit of trivia for you, you know that the Game of Death only the last scenes where filmed by Bruce Lee the mortal Kombat scenes with Kareem Abdul Jabbar, the rest of the film it was done with a look a like.
SBS World Movies has a Bruce Lee double on at the moment.

Two of his lesser known movies - Game of Death and The Big Boss. How sweet!

Last edited:
A bit of trivia for you know that the Game of Death only the last scenes where filmed by Bruce Lee the mortal Kombat scenes with Kareem Abdul Jabbar, the rest of the film it was done with a look a like.
Thanks for that.

I thought Bruce Lee had a slightly fatter face and a thicker torso in some scenes. Now I know why.

PJ

First Grade
Dating Amber 8.5. Some very funny moments in a better than average coming of age story set in Ireland in the 90's (felt more 80's) about a lesbian and gay pair being each others beards

Zoidberg

First Grade
Double feature of The Room and The Disaster Artist.
Hard to know but I think I appreciated Disaster Artist more having watched The Room first.
Disaster Artist is a really great movie. Not sure how close to reality but it made me feel for the people involved, not just see them as egotistical and poor film makers.

mackdadday

Juniors
I adore Tommy Wiseau (The Room). If you are a fan of The Room i highly recommend his short lived sitcom 'The Neigbours' in which he plays both an apartment manager and a Swedish exchange student. Absolutely adore his work. He is also in Samurai Cop 2 which is another classic franchise.

Matua

Bench
It was fantastic the sountrack was also great it kept Vangeli's futuristic score this is what Blade Runner a great film, Ive seen the original Dune with Sting, but havent seen Villenueve version of it yet.
Villenueve's versions of Dune and Bladerunner are way better (IMHO) than the 80s versions of both.

He's a great filmmaker. I resisted fanboying over him for a long time because of the hype he was getting, but he really deserves that hype.

elyod138

Bench
Saw Dune for the second time last night. If you're a fan of sci fi you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't see it on the big screen. The visuals and sound are awe inspiring.

mongoose

Coach
Saw it over the weekend. Had high expectations and it didn't disappoint. Though it had the same problem as Tenet where the soundtrack was so loud in the cinema I couldn't hear some of the dialogue.

t-ba

Post Whore
Watched the new Dune a couple times on TV already. It was pretty sick.

Went to see it on the Big screen last night

My thoughts

giphy.gif

This will be the first movie I go back to watch again on a big screen since Fury Road.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Dune. Not knowing anything about the source material, it is a lot to take in.
Great set up though, I can’t wait for the next one.

PJ

First Grade
Dune. Not knowing anything about the source material, it is a lot to take in.
Great set up though, I can’t wait for the next one.

Similar, but I went in expecting a straight out sci fi so all the prophecy, dream premonitions and magic voices were a distraction.

Visually great, but story wise not enough to make me need to see the next one on the big screen.

nöyd

Staff member
Rocky vs. Drago

Much better cut, no silly robot, Apollo gets a few shots in on Drago, no amount of editing can save him though, he still gets beaten to a mess.

Along with the robot goes a lot of Paulie's screen time, save for his teary pre-fight speech (you're all heart Rock), Dolph Lundgren now has more lines than Brigitte Neilsen.

Rocky now wins by knock-out with no ten count.

Still enough 80's cheese throughout, and all the montages are IN. Fingers crossed for a 4k UHD release.