What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Dark Horse -1932.
A silly pre code political comedy starring Warren William and Bette Davis. Mainly watched it to see a young Bette Davis in one of her early roles at Warner Brothers, seen better, seen worse, a few good laughs, what i was impressed with was finding an excellent print of the movie on you tube considering the movie is over 90 years old.

PJ

First Grade
Woman King. can't really rate it as I didn'y finish it. Watched with wife and daughter and thye bailed before I did.

azzah72

Bench
I finally got around to watching Black Panther 2 as I had no interest in seeing another Marvel movie in the cinemas.
It was ok.
Like most Marvel movies, I found it formulaic and felt mostly similar. Action scenes weren't really that memorable either. There were a couple of moments I liked but nothing special.
The tribute to CB was nice, Winston Duke and Angela Bassett were good but I did honestly get a bit over looking at everyone with cry-face.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
meander, little unknown horror with the chick from vikings valhalla in it. Bit of a mix of saw and cube with something a bit different chucked in as well so was a decent watch if you are a horror fan.

nöyd

Staff member
The Whale

An uncomfortable watch, but held my attention for the full 2 hours. Unsure if Brendan Fraser will get the oscar but wouldn't begrudge him if he did. Fk me his daughter was a right merkin.

Still prefer him in Encino Man though, where the only things he really had to worry about was nugs, chillin' and grindage.

PJ

First Grade
Men. 4. Don't bother, just strange and nothing real interesting.

Nope. 6 for me another fail along with us. Couple of interesting things and ideas

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I did the Ant man Quantum something in 4dx, not enough of the old gang for mine.

Nope, well I will never look at an inflatable the same.

nöyd

Staff member
Scream VI

Brutal kills, good looking cast, but too many near misses (people getting stabbed and shot but somehow surviving) and crappy killer reveal.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I’ve been watching Everything, Everywhere all At Once in drive and drabs over the past week… partly because I have two young kids and barely enough time to scratch my ass but secondly because I legit just can’t get into it.

I like the idea of the movie and I usually love crazy shit like this but I found myself watching it and generally just not giving a shit about the characters or what was happening.

I kept waiting for myself to feel engaged but it just felt like a slog to continue watching it. I’m just over an hour in and I have no desire to give it another chance.

I’m in the minority obviously but don’t get the hype.

I’ve been watching Everything, Everywhere all At Once in drive and drabs over the past week… partly because I have two young kids and barely enough time to scratch my ass but secondly because I legit just can’t get into it.

I like the idea of the movie and I usually love crazy shit like this but I found myself watching it and generally just not giving a shit about the characters or what was happening.

I kept waiting for myself to feel engaged but it just felt like a slog to continue watching it. I’m just over an hour in and I have no desire to give it another chance.

I watched awhile ago .
agree about it .
thought it was ordinary .
5/10

Matua

Bench

I thought it was great, and in a year of average best picture Oscar nominees I'm glad it won, and won big.

Maybe seeing it in the cinema might have helped?

Latest posts