What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What must Robbie Farah do..

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Robbie should be used to playing with inept spastics at 7. Pearce at Origin level and the great John Morris at club level for 3 years. The amount of games murdered by those 2 over the years would rival the amount of people killed by drones and IEDs in Afghanistan

Stormwarrior

Juniors
I can accept that Farah didn't play to bad. 2 decent mistakes tho with a miss tackle on Thurston that lead to a try and a kick at the end of the game that sealed NSW fate. That's the difference with smith and Farah. When the pressure is on smith doesn't buckle...... He just gets player of the series! Farah is a good player but he has just picked the wrong era to player in the NRL.......... Just like Elias!

Raider_69

Post Whore
COldnt hurt him to stand up when it counts in big games like an Origin decider.

I honestly cannot understand it how anyone could honestly sit there and say with a straight face that Farah is a better footballer than Cam Smith.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The only problem I had with Farah last night were the kicks on 3rd and 4th tackles. If we're deep in our own half then fair enough but there were a few inside their half which were just plain stupid. Otherwise I think he went well and was strong out of dummy-half.

gronkathon

First Grade
Unfortunately for NSW Pearce didn't have that problem. He always found a Queenslander on the full when he kicked

abpanther

Staff member
Am I the only one who remembers Tamou missing the tackle on Thurston, not Farah?

I like Farah, always have, but he was a little disappointing last night. He threw that pass onto the ground that Hodges recovered, some nothing kicks, they needed him to stand up and he didn't

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Are some of you insinuating Robbie Farah is actually a better footballer than Cam Smith? Am I having a stroke? Smith is not only the best hooker but the best player in the world. Ahhh LU, always good for a giggle atleast.

Chook

First Grade
Robbie needs to stop trying to do everything.

He killed NSW last night with his stupid options.

Chook.

TheManBearPig

Juniors
Ah the good old myth that Cam Smith is better than Robbie Farah. He has done jack shit this series yet gets credit because he "looks sooo calm on the field". Lets see: He has gotten 0 try assists, 0 linebreak assists, 0 tries, 0 linebreaks and 0 forced line drop outs yet he gets the WLA for Player of the series despite Jonathon Thurston dominating the Blues in Games 2 and 3. The guy gets credit for shit he doesn't even do on the field. I can look pretty calm on the field too when I have two future immortals playing alongside me who are setting up their plays and all I have to do is tackle because that all he did this series.

Easily one of the most overrated players in the history of the game. Does stuff all but gets called a future immortal because "he makes the right decisions on the field". Here's a thought for all his moronic titty twisters: it's pretty easy to do so when you have had some of the most talented players to play the game playing alongside you. Bunch of fools who listen to the media rather than actually watch his games.

A good example of how overrated he is and how little credit Farah ever recieves:

Smith: Gets MOTM in Game 2 despite have no LBA, TA, T, LB or FLDO and despite Jonathon Thurston getting two try assist and a linebreak assist as well as completely controlling the Maroons offense.

Farah: Makes an Origin record 63 tackles with ZERO missed tackles yet doesn't even get MOTM.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
Farah overplayed his hand. Smith doesn't need to create tries himself when his halves are there to do the job. Instead he provides them the platform. If Smith doesnt provide good service then JT doesnt get the time and space to do his job. Smith doesnt overplay his hand unlike Farah who stifled the play most of the game and lets not even mention his soft attempt at tackle on JT when he scored. All you are demonstrating is that you dont understand the role of a dummy half.

Son of Minto

Bench
Ah the good old myth that Cam Smith is better than Robbie Farah. He has done jack shit this series yet gets credit because he "looks sooo calm on the field". Lets see: He has gotten 0 try assists, 0 linebreak assists, 0 tries, 0 linebreaks and 0 forced line drop outs yet he gets the WLA for Player of the series despite Jonathon Thurston dominating the Blues in Games 2 and 3. The guy gets credit for shit he doesn't even do on the field. I can look pretty calm on the field too when I have two future immortals playing alongside me who are setting up their plays and all I have to do is tackle because that all he did this series.

Easily one of the most overrated players in the history of the game. Does stuff all but gets called a future immortal because "he makes the right decisions on the field". Here's a thought for all his moronic titty twisters: it's pretty easy to do so when you have had some of the most talented players to play the game playing alongside you. Bunch of fools who listen to the media rather than actually watch his games.

A good example of how overrated he is and how little credit Farah ever recieves:

Smith: Gets MOTM in Game 2 despite have no LBA, TA, T, LB or FLDO and despite Jonathon Thurston getting two try assist and a linebreak assist as well as completely controlling the Maroons offense.

Farah: Makes an Origin record 63 tackles with ZERO missed tackles yet doesn't even get MOTM.

Wow the butt hurt is just flowing here.

Smith > daylight > Fawwah

typicalfan

Coach
Am I the only one who remembers Tamou missing the tackle on Thurston, not Farah?

I like Farah, always have, but he was a little disappointing last night. He threw that pass onto the ground that Hodges recovered, some nothing kicks, they needed him to stand up and he didn't

Both

Whats the point of racking up all these stats if its going to throw the team out of wack and lose? Smith had a job to do and he didn't overplay it or hog the ball.:sarcasm:

He's a superior tactician compared to Farah. When Queensland were tiring Smith knew when to kick early to relieve pressure. He does the one percenters better.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee

You show me a single NRL coach outside of Potter (MAYBE) who would pick Farah over Smith.

Smith's power is in his absolute robotic like consistency. He has made 2 errors this whole season. Thats just incredible for someone who handles the ball more than anyone else in his side. Whats more his side just completely and utterly falls to pieces when he is not there.

He is easily the most valuable player in the game. Not the most skillful, not the most entertaining, but if you were picking a side from scratch he is the first man you'd call

Latest posts