What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

• Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heat

• Kings

• Devils

• Rhinos

• Stingrays

• Total voters

Kingytek

Juniors
Looks like it's only a matter of time now. We have better give the guys on the GC some ideas hey!!! :D
I like the idea of the Gold Coast Lions but there is already a major sporting team in QLD using the lions as a mascot.....
Any Idea's?

Kingytek

Juniors
Is there such thing as a sea hawke? Im pretty sure there is because on the gold coast there is a Tugan SeaHawke

theicemandanno

Juniors
McSharkie..........Gold Coast Stallions.Hmmm

The Broncos dont want a 2nd team in SE Qld.

I like your thoughts though.

they may accept a clone :D

How about,

The Gold Coast Coasters?
Gold Coast Cobras

Choppies

Coach
theicemandanno said:
How about

Gold Coast Gladiators.

they were called the Gladiators before the 96 or 97 season
but ch7 threatened to sue because they had a high rating TV show with the name Gladitors

theicemandanno

Juniors
choppies said:
theicemandanno said:
How about

Gold Coast Gladiators.

but ch7 threatened to sue because they had a high rating TV show with the name Gladitors
Your wrong.

They never had a high rating show called Gladiators.

I do seem to recall however a rather volumptuous female host on a similar sounding, but low rating show. ;-)

Kingytek

Juniors
choppies said:
theicemandanno said:
How about

Gold Coast Gladiators.

Your right, when they moved from Tweed to Carrara they went through the name change fase and came up with a few ideas none of which they were happy with so they came up with Chargers for some unknown reason. Others they thought about were Jets, Giants, Gladiators and a couple of others. At the time of it they were changing their minds everyday.

All Hail Captain Charger!!!!!

Kingytek

Juniors
Yeah, I like that one, Titans have a great ring to it, I guess only because I love "Remember the Titans"

bender

Juniors
choppies said:
theicemandanno said:
How about

Gold Coast Gladiators.

Didnt the Gladiators name end when that Millionare owner had his licence terminated. The Chargers is probably not a bad name, it has tradition and Captain Charger has made a ready made name on the coast, although i must admit i never cared for the name much. The Gold Coast Vikings used to be the name of the rep team at the coast and i think that is a pretty good name for the side. The Gold Coast Bears are the local side in the Qld Cup, and that also would be a reasonable name if the licence was to be invovled with them in some way.

Being the Gold Coast, I think a Hawk is not a bad mascot. I would also like to see the team adopt Gold as a colour to represent the Gold Coast. A lion would suit this fine and would actually be a good mascot.