What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What NSW need for Game III

President Trump

Juniors
1. Thurston to be out injured - tick

2. Pray for Mitchell Piss to get injured. We know from Game I that NSW play better and score more points without him on the field.

3. If Cordner can't play - SOS to Paul Gallen to return as captain to add the starch and leadership NSW need.

Danish

Referee
Panthers fans - we need Moylan!

Roosters fans - we need to clone Mitchell Pearce!

Rest of NSW - we need a f**king miracle

QLD - we need a bigger trophy cabinet

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers fans - we need Moylan!

Roosters fans - we need to clone Mitchell Pearce!

Rest of NSW - we need a f**king miracle

QLD - we need a bigger trophy cabinet

I just want a damn win. I could really care who does the job as long as they DO the job and don't go mising in the last 15 minutes when the series is there to be won.

big hit!

Bench
1. Thurston to be out injured - tick

2. Pray for Mitchell Piss to get injured. We know from Game I that NSW play better and score more points without him on the field.

3. If Cordner can't play - SOS to Paul Gallen to return as captain to add the starch and leadership NSW need.

NSW scored the same number points and dominated QLD in first half of game 2 with him as they did without him in the second half of game 1.

find another f**kin variable ya f**kin mongs! the hate is becoming sad.

SBD82

Coach
NSW scored the same number points and dominated QLD in first half of game 2 with him as they did without him in the second half of game 1.

find another f**kin variable ya f**kin mongs! the hate is becoming sad.
You're right, this argument is just chipping at the edges and doesn't show the big picture.

The real argument is that Pearce's job, as the halfback, is to take control of the team and come up with decisive plays to steer them around. He will also be looked to for clutch plays.

In his entire origin career he has failed at both. Not once has he lifted his team when needed with a big play or steered them out of trouble.

Every year we hear how he has grown as a player, and how this will be his year. This year I even fooled myself into believing that he was the best option. But every year He disappoints.

This is where the hate comes from. I f**king hate losing to qld. They're a bunch of merkins. And our halfback isn't fit to shine the shoes of players like johns, sterling, Mortimer. So we lose in the big moments when he is needed. And it stings copping shit from our inbred cousins north of the border.

I don't think it's even a skill issue. He is obviously a skilful player for the roosters, but he just doesn't seem to have the mental strength required for origin.

It's not that he had a bad game once or twice. It's that for almost a decade the selectors have been trying to convince us that he is an origin quality player, and he has proven time and time again that it just isn't the case.

Any other half, given this many opportunities, would have managed one great moment in origin.

DiegoNT

First Grade
You're right, this argument is just chipping at the edges and doesn't show the big picture.

The real argument is that Pearce's job, as the halfback, is to take control of the team and come up with decisive plays to steer them around. He will also be looked to for clutch plays.

In his entire origin career he has failed at both. Not once has he lifted his team when needed with a big play or steered them out of trouble.

Every year we hear how he has grown as a player, and how this will be his year. This year I even fooled myself into believing that he was the best option. But every year He disappoints.

This is where the hate comes from. I f**king hate losing to qld. They're a bunch of merkins. And our halfback isn't fit to shine the shoes of players like johns, sterling, Mortimer. So we lose in the big moments when he is needed. And it stings copping shit from our inbred cousins north of the border.

I don't think it's even a skill issue. He is obviously a skilful player for the roosters, but he just doesn't seem to have the mental strength required for origin.

It's not that he had a bad game once or twice. It's that for almost a decade the selectors have been trying to convince us that he is an origin quality player, and he has proven time and time again that it just isn't the case.

Any other half, given this many opportunities, would have managed one great moment in origin.

Brett Finch in his 2nd origin game slots a field goal late in the game to get the win for nsw

Jamie soward in his 2nd origin game takes the line on to set up Minichiello to win the game.

Trent Hodkinson in his 2nd game dummies and wins our 1st series in 8 years.

Todd Carney in his 2nd game, with the game in the balance makes a break deep in his own half to set up brett stewart for a crucial try.

Pearce has none of this moments.

OldPanther

Coach
Brett Finch in his 2nd origin game slots a field goal late in the game to get the win for nsw

Jamie soward in his 2nd origin game takes the line on to set up Minichiello to win the game.

Todd Carney in his 2nd game, with the game in the balance makes a break deep in his own half to set up brett stewart for a crucial try.

It's a sad stat really.

big hit!

Bench
Cordner and Gallen don't even play the same position ffs

But you can start Graham on the left edge and keep him there rather than moving around 2 or 3 players to accommodate him.

Frizell can also stay on the right edge the whole game if he's fit enough / ribs are fine.

then you have a middle rotation of fifita, woods, jackson, gallen, jtrob, klemmer :cool:

big hit!

Bench

i know all that. have heard it and seen before.

just showing up the lazy excuses folks are beginning to conjure

TheFrog

Coach
But you can start Graham on the left edge and keep him there rather than moving around 2 or 3 players to accommodate him.
Graham was poo last game. He'll retain his bench spot but won't start. He has to learn that what works with the Sharks doesn't always work in Origin.

TheFrog

Coach

You forgot Moylan in his first game in the halves sent Ferguson on a break which led to the match winning try.

big hit!

Bench
Graham was poo last game. He'll retain his bench spot but won't start. He has to learn that what works with the Sharks doesn't always work in Origin.

i was only going on with the joke re Gallen, but if Cordner doesn't play in Game 3 then surely Graham comes straight into the starting line-up. the left is his preferred side, and he has been coming on after 25' in both games and playing out the match there shifting Cordner to the right and Frizzell off for the majority of the game. in the absence of cordner, you'd keep Frizzell on the right for 80'.

fifita, woods, jackson, klemmer, jtrob and most likely merrin (given he was 20th man and the only forward emergency for game 2) would be the middle rotation. vaughan, debellin and the other middle options discusses pre-series could be considered too.

Spot On

Coach

But he's only had 17 games for NSW.

Give it time please.

Let's have a look at it when he reaches 30 games.

That's fair to Roosters supporters at least!

TheFrog

Coach
You just need to watch the final set of that game. Pearce had no idea what to do to pull the match out of the fire.

SBD82

Coach
i was only going on with the joke re Gallen, but if Cordner doesn't play in Game 3 then surely Graham comes straight into the starting line-up. the left is his preferred side, and he has been coming on after 25' in both games and playing out the match there shifting Cordner to the right and Frizzell off for the majority of the game. in the absence of cordner, you'd keep Frizzell on the right for 80'.

fifita, woods, jackson, klemmer, jtrob and most likely merrin (given he was 20th man and the only forward emergency for game 2) would be the middle rotation. vaughan, debellin and the other middle options discusses pre-series could be considered too.
Merrin was only called into the side because De Belin was suspended. So potentially jdb is higher in the order this year.