What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What part of 50/50 doesn’t Wollongong understand?

Southernsaint said:
South Coast Saint said:
Southernsaint said:
I love how it's only now that people can see how unfair a "partner" in the JV getting 4 games a year was.

Where was the sympathy when it was Kogarah getting stooged??

But it cuts both ways.... where is your sympathy now?

We can bicker all we want, instead let us just oppose Telstra and push for 50-50.

While we have the JV, I've always pushed for 50/50, SCS...

I realise that. But you seemed to not have much sympathy for Steelers fans here.

As to your fisrt post, that isn't a "Steeler nufty", but the GM of the Wollongong Sportsground Trust. They aren't the same thing. Neither does the Illawarra Mercury = Illawarra Steelers.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
RICHO said:
This isn't a slagfest for Shark Park boys
Yeah... we don't want to be hi-hacking threads now eh?
RICHO said:
but since you've mentioned it.... the powerlines are disliked by all Sharks fans. But since we own our ground, we don't get any money from our little buddies in Canberra (or the NSW Gov for that matter). And I am yet to be bitten by a mozzie at Shark Park. :roll:
And I recall that the Sharks took a slab of money from the ARL before jumping into bed with Super League.

In case it slipped past you, Kogarah is a council ground and in that, receives funding. Saints contribute to the upkeep of the ground and play there, bringing in plenty of returns for the locals.

If you want to bring up the ownership of property on Captain Cook Drive, then you should be reminded that Saints own their clubhouse as well. When it comes to real estate, the St George club are looking more than handy.

OMG do some of you girls honestly think that we (the Illawarra Fans) told them to do the game split like that? But as it has been pointed out i would back someone from down here if they DID say they thought it was a fair split, mainly because as it has been stated what have we been left with? Socks and our name which mind you is never said when someone is talking about the Dragons anyway. And lets be brutally honest when the draw was made up Oki was NOT sufficent. Not to mention have you looked at the home game results for the most part, majority of their games won are at WIN, so hell if they are gonna win more there then why complain.
But really why should anyone worry about where the games are being held i mean seriously if you are a TRUE Saints or Illawarra supporter you will go to the games for the team not the stadium.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You're losing your subtle approach Squishie.

Tell me, what's your view on liposuction?

Lipo?!?! What the, Why Lipo?!?! Gee if your not happy with who you are then you have a big problem besides what you look like is NOT who you are. Who you are comes from the inside, and you gotta learn to accept that yes you will get older and yes your outside appearance will change but that doesnt mean ur inside has to.

I guess thats along the same lines as The dragons, sure over time what they wear will change and their name will change but thats all their appearance.......but the reason the club is there and the reason they take the field every week will ALWAYS be the same, that will never change so why cant people over look the fact that there is nothing left of the steelers on the exterior except for the "Illawarra" and the socks and realise that the players and their passions, or whats on the inside of the team is still the same. We have the best of both, a force to reckon with when they get going.

Subtle enough :p

Latest posts