What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What rules?

AuckMel

Bench
innsaneink said:
You serious...you really serious??

Absolutely.

It just shows you what scant regard the RLIF have for their own policies and rules. And I seriously doubt the NZRL had any say on who would referee this weekends game.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
These discussions were as sophisticated as Australia refusing to play with anything else that Australian referees. They said they would call the tournament off were it not agreed to.

GB wanted Black against Aus and any of the random crap Aus refs against NZ. So did NZ.

Australia, as ever, thought only about themselves.

nadera78

Juniors
Dude I want neutral refs as much as the next man, but it's just not even in the same ball park as the whole Fien debacle. And according to that report neutral refs is an RLIF policy not a rule. Big difference.

JJ

Immortal
oh god...

an embarrasing (yet sadly not uncommon) defensive response from a deluded kiwi... with Auck Mel and Sel Bennett you have seen many of our poorest qualities

Luckily the poorest qualities of Aussies are also frequently on dispay on this forum :sarcasm:

innsaneink

Referee
AuckMel said:
Absolutely.

It just shows you what scant regard the RLIF have for their own policies and rules. And I seriously doubt the NZRL had any say on who would referee this weekends game.

Haven't you embarrassed youself enough already?
You really should quit when you're way behind.

AuckMel

Bench
innsaneink said:
Haven't you embarrassed youself enough already?

What is there to be embarrassed about?

There are set policies in place for the appointment of match officials to test matches and they aren't followed. carlnz has highlighted another blatant disregard for the rules in another thread.

The Nathan Fien debacle was a disaster waiting to happen. IMO, it will be the single best thing to happen to the International game in years.

AuckMel

Bench
nadera78 said:
Dude I want neutral refs as much as the next man, but it's just not even in the same ball park as the whole Fien debacle.
Never said it was. Merely pointing out how the rules/policies are broken whenever someone sees fit.

nadera78 said:
And according to that report neutral refs is an RLIF policy not a rule. Big difference.
By supporting them, you condone their continued shafting of Kiwi refs. Refs I might add who more than measure up to anything we've seen so far in this series.

innsaneink

Referee
AuckMel said:
Absolutely.

Yet in that article you posted, it says all three nations agreed.

Is this just some sort of paranoid realisation...or do you have some basis for your claim?

AuckMel

Bench
innsaneink said:
Yet in that article you posted, it says all three nations agreed.

Is this just some sort of paranoid realisation...or do you have some basis for your claim?

If you can prove me wrong, then go ahead. Given the attitude towards Kiwi refs in the past, I don't believe the NZRL had a say on this weekends ref.

innsaneink

Referee
AuckMel said:
If you can prove me wrong, then go ahead. Given the attitude towards Kiwi refs in the past, I don't believe the NZRL had a say on this weekends ref.

:lol:
I dont have to prove anything, YOU are the one claiming one thing despite the very opposite being reported in the article.

Charlie124

First Grade
AuckMel said:
I don't believe the NZRL had a say on this weekends ref.

Then read the artice you posted again, especially the part that was highlighted for you. If you need proof, then read it a few more times.

AuckMel

Bench
Charlie124 said:
Then read the artice you posted again, especially the part that was highlighted for you. If you need proof, then read it a few more times.

Bugger.

You actually have to believe everything you see written on the net or in the papers?

I must remember that next time.

ozbash

Referee
Quote:
The appointment, which goes against international policy of neutral referees, was made after consultation with all three countries.

where does it say nz agreed to klien ink ? it says consult, consult and agree are 2 very different words in my dictionary.

Glenn Black was New Zealand's representative but is not thought to be up to the standard while Australia are thought to have wanted their own man, Paul Simpkin, in charge.

oh sh*t, look at that, nz had a ref to nominate after all. dont let the truth stand in the way of your bullsh*t ink, you might get a reputation.