What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our colours be for 2013?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Given our official colours are listed as black and red and there is a very good chance that the Bears will be back with us in 2013 what do you think the WA Reds NRL teams colours should be?

Personally I'd go with Red and Gold like Les Catalans. Strong distinctive colours. No one else in Oz uses them. Represents WA's natural colours of red soil, golden sand and yellow sun.

maillot20exteoq3.jpg

maillot20domiciletq0.jpg

Last edited:

aarondoyle

Juniors
I like it.

I've been wondering what they were going to do if both got in, and I reckon this would be a great solution. I think the Catalans jumper looks great.

Also, any new teams should be banned from wearing blue (my including my damn Broncos). Which team doesn't use blue nowadays. It's getting confusing.

TheRam

Coach
Red and gold is a sensational choice. I can't believe that no team in the NRL has chosen thaose colours already. :crazy:

I would go as far as to say that I would ban any team from having the same combination of colours as an existing club and make that rule retospective with the newest clubs having to change their colours.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Would definitely be a standout combination.

Do any other Aussie sports teams use those colours? The only other one I can think of is the CQ NRL bid.

docbrown

Coach
Red as the main body & Gold for the trims for sure. I don't think grey and red work very well and red & black will be the Bear's colours.

Perhaps some kind of red kangaroo across the body haloed in gold?

Swamp

Juniors
Yeah, I agree as well, good combination for the Reds. I have always liked Les Cats jersey.

Swamp

aidenburke

Juniors
docbrown I like your thinking, something that I remember well from growing up in WA was the Aussie rules SOO games and how identifiable the jerseys were, that gold with the black stripe was unmistakeable. I vaguely remember a black W with a swan in it also. I don’t know how these colours would work if the side is called the Reds (which I hope they will be). I have been idle at work for the last couple of days and here are a couple of ideas. They are not the best but it's something clearly West Australian and has the Red roo on it..... I won't give up my day job haha.

Attachments

• WA jumper.JPG
    WA jumper.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 4
  • WA jumperv2.JPG
    WA jumperv2.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 3
  • WA jumperv2.1.JPG
    WA jumperv2.1.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 2

Knightmare

Coach
I reckon red, yellow and black. Still distinctive colours, as well as paying homage to the old Western Reds. Emu Export as the major sponsor on the front would look a treat!

Perth Red

Post Whore
eeek, hated the old reds colours and jerseys. No more than two primary colours allowed!

Knightmare

Coach
Yes yes yes, but what about Emu Export as major sponsor and having all pourage rights at Reds home games via Swan? #2 reason to move to Perth (#1 being the hot women per capita ratio!)

BDGS

Bench
I actually had a think of this and went back to have a look at all the old Perth reds and western reds jerseys, then had a look at the jersey worn by the Wa reds in the SG ball competition this year and I think they won't change their colours or won't change it too much.

They'll be red, black and white and maybe they might add a tad of another colour. I don't think it'll clash too much with the central coast bears as their jerseys will be 50/50 striped red and black and very traditional, whereas the WA reds have the opportunity, chance and are able to create a more modern jersey and create their image through that, as well as the logo and etc etc.

I think the 2010 WA reds SG ball jerseys will be very similar to the one they WA reds use in 2013.

jim_57

Staff member
New Catalans gear, apart from the yellow v's on the home shirt I'd be happy with anything like that for Perth.

ISC2011_index.jpg

Didgi

Irish, Australian, French-Australian, Australian, Tongan, Australian, Scottish. Very French team :)

As for the topic, I would like to see darker red than posted which would be a better clash with the yellow imo, but might just be another clash with the potential bears' jersey. Wouldn't be too much of an issue though.

jim_57

Staff member
Irish, Australian, French-Australian, Australian, Tongan, Australian, Scottish. Very French team :)

As for the topic, I would like to see darker red than posted which would be a better clash with the yellow imo, but might just be another clash with the potential bears' jersey. Wouldn't be too much of an issue though.

:lol: Don't know why the chose the imports to do the shoot, it was done in Australia and most would be here at this time of year.

Still, I think something like the away (mainly yellow&red) jersey would be good for WA.

docbrown

Coach
st-louis-rams.jpg

How about a Red body with that particular shade of Gold (like a metallic/old gold, rather than yellow) as a 'V'.

I don't think any Australian sports team has that particular shade of gold - it'd be pretty unique.

docbrown

Coach
Here's a mock up:

Cardinal red, old gold (with a black outline for lettering)

westernreds.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts