What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should...

bucko

Juniors
be written on a Resume when looking for a job? What are the important ingredients that help you stand out from the rest, and what will give your potential employer a kick in your direction? I've got on at the moment, but I know a lot of people that need help writing them, si I told them I'd ask the people on here. So, what's the go?

Cheers.

ozbash

Referee
keep it to the point.
list all qualifications (no matter if they seem meaningless)
list your sporting interests/achievments
list hobbies/what you enjoy doing
list charitable work you may do
list your hopes,dreams , aspirations.
include references both character and work. (if you are short on refs,get a teacher,coach,minister etc to do some for you.)
inc a photo

keep it positive,inc a bit of humour (but dont come across as a clown)

remember, they have something you want-a job !!

good luck bucko :)

ozbash

Referee
BTW, if you go thru a search engine,ie google,, you will get a heap of professional hints...

Houdini

First Grade
Keep a general copy of your resume saved on a disk. Then you can easily alter it slightly to reflect whatever position you are going for.

If the ad states specific points they want the job applicant to posses, make sure you have all these points covered in your resume or application letter. If you don't show the qualities or experience they want, they won't bother calling you

SP

Bench
Ill also say thanks too, ATM my resume looks crap, so the tips that i read should help me

Latest posts